News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

[Beta] Tree Of Life

Started by Darkbibou, March 12, 2015, 01:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

lolll alright , i m back with a plump and juicy BBQ chicken !
it is your fault ! hehe /joking

hmmmmmmmm delicious!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darkbibou

Damn, I leave 5 minutes and this topic is going totally off topic :p

@gerns: chicken leather really do exists (it's make from a small part of the chicken though) ;)

In the next alpha version there will be a generic animal skin resource to remove the burden of selecting the right input in the tannery.

Darkbibou

A second alpha version is now available (Download it).

Changelog:
- There is only one type of animal skin now (but production rates are unchanged (ie. different for each wild animal))
- The cost of the tannery has been lowered
- The tannery now have only one production (Wild Animal Skin => Leather)
- The standard cows (ie cows in pastures) now produce more leather (6-9 instead of 4-6)

Please, tell me if you see any conflict with your other mods !

Wild fruit tree will be included in the next release.

gerns

going to try it know, thank you

gerns

tried 4 times game keeps locking up on 32 bit,going back to first version.thought you should know.and yes they were new starts

RedKetchup

sometimes builds arent compatible with old version saves. did you tried a new city ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darkbibou

Quote from: gerns on March 16, 2015, 06:44:01 PM
tried 4 times game keeps locking up on 32 bit,going back to first version.thought you should know.and yes they were new starts

I have never used mods in 32 bits until now so I really don't know what can make a mod crash in 32bits when it does not in 64bits.

Can you upload a screenshot of the error message please ?

assobanana76

mmmmmmhhh..
I have not tried it yet, but if I'm not mistaken, I also have a 32x  :-\
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

gerns

yes they were new starts and when i go back to old version new start everything is okay ,maybe i did'nt get a good download on my end?

Darkbibou

Quote from: gerns on March 17, 2015, 06:27:59 AM
yes they were new starts and when i go back to old version new start everything is okay ,maybe i did'nt get a good download on my end?

A screenshot of the error would be useful for debugging :)

A few questions:
   - When did the error occured ? (at Banished loading ? New game loading ? Click on a building ?)
   - Did you had other mods activated when the error occured ?
   - Can you reproduce the error when TreeOfLife is the only mod activated ?

Thanks in advance for your answers @gerns

Anybody else with errors in 32bits ?

Darkbibou

So.. I really need more info about this bug.

I've tested my mod (with and without Colonial Charter - Excellent adventure) with the modkit executables (32 bits and 64 bits) and got no crash related to the mod (I got a crash at game exit in 32bits buts it's a bug of the basegame, not a mod related bug).

I've also test my mod with the steam executable (64 bits only since Steam force 64 bits even when I manually launch the 32bits executable) and got no crash.

gerns

it was at loading but i think it is at my end because first version works perfect .bad download?who knows what evil lerks in a computer,i think you should ignore it if all's well on your end  :D :D

chillzz

tested with x64 version on win7, no problems at all. works like a charm.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Darkbibou

Quote from: chillzz on March 18, 2015, 04:21:27 PM
tested with x64 version on win7, no problems at all. works like a charm.

Good to know :)

What are you thinking of the current production values and the cost of the tannery please ?

chillzz

Quote from: Darkbibou on March 19, 2015, 01:12:00 AM
Good to know :)
What are you thinking of the current production values and the cost of the tannery please ?
Building cost of tannery, which is the same building as the default tailor,
in my opinion should be the same cost.

Ouput from wild animal skin to leather does look a bit high to be honest. i don't know the exact numbers since i have such an excess, but it feels like it's a bit too easy.. but thats just my opinion.

Amount 'gathered' by hunters in meat and skin seems good.

------
I don't know if it's possible, since i haven't done any modding or use the modkit for Banished, but looking at the files, it looks like resources/animals etc.  are some sort of classes.
Wouldn't it be possible to pick all info from class::animals and use that data and strings?

so i.e.   use sheep meat string : mutton,  to have 'Wild Mutton'  instead of 'Wild Sheep Meat'
use the values/amounts product of livestock sheep, but only say x%  since wild animals are less fat than livestock versions. If so, it might even be possible to use other animals (from other mods) and use that data.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup