News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Industrial Banished

Started by Artfactial, February 06, 2019, 05:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artfactial

So I've been getting quite enthusiastic and inspired by the Anno 1800 beta gameplay footages coming out over the past weeks. My mind was always busy trying to apply the gameplay mechanics and recourse productions to Banished. I would love my current playthrough to reach into the Industrial Revolution.
So here's a few ideas on 1800 technologies and productions that might be feasible with Banished's systems. I'm sure these might be obvious, but I couldn't  find any Topics on it. These will probably not be for those who enjoy a more lighthearted approach to Banished gameplay.

Steam Engines:
Require: Water (either as recourse, or pumped from a lake/river/canal) and a (refined) fuel source. The Boiler and engine parts would require a lot of Iron and Copper, either in bars or in a refined form as Engine Parts. CC has Copper Pipes and Girders, so those would fit great for these constructions. The buildings would be mainly build out of Bricks and Stone.
Uses: -Most of the Industries below.
Extras:
-Possibly requires less Workers (Altough large Industrial buildings could support more Workers, thus even more output) for more Recourse output.
-If possible, higher chance of Worker mishaps and Fire as over-pressure, overheating, giant engine parts and steam vents pose all kinds of danger.

Fire Station:
Functions: As a well. I don't think we can do much in the way of fancy with that, unless there can be multiple 'water' source points within the building.
It would be mainly made out of Bricks, so would have a high fire resistance.
I don't think we can add Water courses to other buildings, can we? Otherwise it could also function as Construction Material Warehouse, for speedier repairs.

Livestock Industry:
Functions: Crowded Pig, Cow, Chicken etc. Pens with, instead of the normal animal shelter, a large plant for the processing of the animals into meat, possibly with the help of Steam Engines.

Bread Industry:
As Bread was the staple of any working class family, the production of Bread had to be ramped up with the enormous population growths.
Functions: Like a baker. Faster, more workers, more input/output, greater fire hazard and mishap hazard.

Grain Industry:
Functions: Like a mill, on Steam power.

Textile Industry:
Functions: Like a CC Weaver or DS's Weaver's Guild. Steam Powered looms would increase production speed and Hazard.

Oil and Mining Industry:
Functions: Like a Shaft mine, produces Oil for Lamps. These oil Lamps in turn could be used for Industrial Coal mines and such instead of the normal Candles. Of course, aesthetic Lamps and such could be done, like a modern RK I see Fire mod.

Artfactial

I really like that 18th Centurty flour factory so stared toying around with it.
Not sure if it'll go anywhere, but there you are.

Artfactial

Definitely just a start.:)
Trying to make sure it conforms to the needs of the game before adding details that might have to be redone if(when) I find out about them later.