News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEditorChoice BETA13 open

Started by RedKetchup, February 03, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i lifted up the flat topped of + 0,3 tiles and put them equal to the top most of the little arches
i hope it is enough :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

is it a specific color ? can provide a screenshot ?

galensgranny

It was the black ghosted one, then a few more of the others.   Maybe something has gone weird with my game or computer because when I was trying to place them, I heard a noise I don't usually hear and the mouse was far away from where the item got place.

I will restart my computer, start a new game, see how it goes and then report.

RedKetchup

oh but there also a thing with ghosted long arch in BETA 11, they had some weird bug where they get push far away from the landing point as you go through the colors to the right.

i can assure you they should be fixed now as the srceenshot below states it.
you can see the toolbar selected is the ghosted ones; and you can see all the 11 colors (10 colors + 1 non painted). all the windows are open and you can see all the trash icons on every windows.

when you ll load the saved game with beta 12 they should fix themselves.

Denis de la Rive

Its funny how players can invent new ways of using things.  ;)

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 25, 2018, 01:03:54 PM
i lifted up the flat topped of + 0,3 tiles and put them equal to the top most of the little arches
i hope it is enough :P

Thanks!  I hope it will be enough too. 

Quoteoh but there also a thing with ghosted long arch in BETA 11, they had some weird bug where they get push far away from the landing point as you go through the colors to the right.

So it wasn't my computer doing something weird.  I restarted it anyway in case that was part of the problem.  Are you saying in Beta 11 the ghosted flat top arches do show the trash can removal for you?  They don't for me for any of the ghosted colors.

Do I redownload Beta 11 or is Beta 12 coming soon?

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on March 25, 2018, 03:14:39 PM

Do I redownload Beta 11 or is Beta 12 coming soon?

This week or more probably next weekend since i tend to release on weekends ^^
if your beta 11 is still working ok and dont crash, i dont see why it should change anything

i am adding presently a more smaller and cheaper trading post just for seeds/livestock :)
all will depends on how quick i am adding fixes/new_things  8)

Denis de la Rive

A smaller specialized trading post will answer most my questions concerning your changes to the trading post. Could you consider doing one where you can buy small numbers, (no more than 20) of the simplest tools and clothing, (not the more advanced versions), and some basic food, again only a few types. This could help with some of the more difficult starting conditions, and when you are cursed like Nilla, (she gets so many tornadoes, and fires,  ;) ), again very small numbers you control with the merchants list. I think this would keep it challenging, and you can control it by keeping the trading post storage very small. That way if you want steel tools, or warm clothing, or lots of food you need to build a regular trading post, or make them with the production chains. It creates a delicate balance between the survival stage and later game needs. It builds on the idea of making seeds and animals more easy to get.

I think you should also limit the storage of your smaller trading post so people can not get everything in one merchants visit. It might also be interesting if you can limit which seeds, and animals the merchants have, (is that possible, I don't know the merchant code very well). If you do then players will have to choose the regular trading post if they want more things. What is important is to create a choice. If you want steel tools you have to build the larger version, if not then you don't have to build it, but the player makes the choice.

smurphys7

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on March 25, 2018, 03:46:52 PM
I think you should also limit the storage of your smaller trading post so people can not get everything in one merchants visit.

This change will not cause the desired result.  Only tedium will be created as players hold the trader for a longer period of time and wait for loading/unloading.

RedKetchup

here again everything is working with flags, you cannot split/choose within that flag. you cant ask for lowest tools or lowest clothes. can't ask neither for certain patterns of seeds...

about the storage, for sure it has been reduced to one third (for the moment)

smurphys7

I haven't fully tested everything but here are some random thoughts.  My impressions might not be accurate.

Can all buildings default to 1 job?  Pastures, Orchards etc used non-modded defaults other than 1.

How should I use Florists and Fodder collectors?  What benefit do they have over placing a Forester and setting mostly to cut?  Doesn't the forester pick up the fodder and flowers?

Do animals have lower respawn?  Do they all respawn?  My hunter killed lots of various things at the start but only deer in the long term and seemingly less than in non-modded game.

What is the purpose of "Collect Almost All"?  Aesthetics?

Clay and Sind pits have no road squares. 

My personal request would be a minimize button on the jobs and Town Hall button like CC.  Definitely not a big request and I certainly can live without it.

RedKetchup

Quote from: smurphys7 on March 25, 2018, 06:43:31 PM
Can all buildings default to 1 job?  Pastures, Orchards etc used non-modded defaults other than 1.

not really cause their job amount are based a certain of number of tiles and when you start playing with this, production can be easily messed up even if you allow more workers to it
i prefer not

How should I use Florists and Fodder collectors?  What benefit do they have over placing a Forester and setting mostly to cut?  Doesn't the forester pick up the fodder and flowers?

forester define 1 tile and go plant a tree there, if the tile occupied by something, including a flower or grass or an old tree, he cut it and plant a new spawn.

same as fodder farmer, pick up a tile, if something in it (trees, flowers, old grass...), it harvest it to plant grass.....

florist, are like gatherers... they dont plant anything, they see a flower somewhere at opposite or far, and they go get it

What is the purpose of "Collect Almost All"?  Aesthetics?

something someone asked, a tool to collect everything "but" the grass.

Do animals have lower respawn?  Do they all respawn?  My hunter killed lots of various things at the start but only deer in the long term and seemingly less than in non-modded game.

i didnt modified the "respawn values" of the animal populations numbers, this is exactly the same as vanilla:
HerdDescription herd
{
ComponentDescription _animalType = "Template\WildAnimalDeer.rsc";
int _maxAnimals = 10;
int _minAnimals = 5;
float _timeInAreaMonths = 1.0;
float _timeInAreaTolerance = 0.75;
int _grazeAreaSize = 8;
float _reproduceTimeInMonths = 12.0;
}

Nilla

Trading ports

Your new ports sounds good, @RedKetchup. If they are very small and cheap, I would maybe concider less than 1/3 of the vanilla storage. Do you plan to keep the seeds and animals arriving to the vanilla and canal ports after you've added these new small ports? If yes, maybe it would be a good idea, if this "no more seeds" you gave me, also worked at the canal port.

1 worker default

I like this change, especially now, as my town gets bigger. Just a reminder, @RedKetchup, don't forget to change the canal sites; fisher, mill, trading port.

Flower and florist

It's a very interesting chain. I have looked into the production and can add some practical aspects to what Red just told us. At the beginning of a game, a normal forester picks quite a lot flowers and grass, but of course it gets down, when he plants trees. I don't think flowers and grass would spawn fast enough to get a reliable harvest long term, if you set it on cut only. If you use only a fodder farmer he will pick and plant grass, as well as flowers in his area. As long as you also get some additional grass and flowers by clearing land, it can be enough to support 2 stables and 1 perfume maker. If you add a florist to the same area, the fodder farmer will pick mostly grass and you can support these 2 stables and more than 1 perfume maker long term without additional grass from clearing land.

Minimize button

Agree with @smurphys7, a minimize button, not an important thing, but would be good.

Gatherer

Quote from: Nilla on March 26, 2018, 06:21:16 AM
Trading ports

Your new ports sounds good, @RedKetchup. If they are very small and cheap, I would maybe concider less than 1/3 of the vanilla storage. Do you plan to keep the seeds and animals arriving to the vanilla and canal ports after you've added these new small ports? If yes, maybe it would be a good idea, if this "no more seeds" you gave me, also worked at the canal port.

I'd be interested in this too even though I'm not using RK Editor Choice. I have all the seeds I need in my current town.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Nilla

something someone asked, a tool to collect everything "but" the grass.

Just noticed, that this tool doesn't clear stone either. Looks like it ought to.