News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Sherbrooke Village V101

Started by Necora, May 08, 2017, 02:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

@RedKetchup yup I keep forgetting to do that. Although it kinda makes you wonder, what is the point in even having storage flags for buildings if it only causes problems?

But, that still doesn't really help why iron isn't being stored here.... no mod that I know of changes the iron flag.

brads3

disable the iron is iron mod. most of the extra CC add-on mods have not been updated.you can use renewable resources or a different mine mod to get iron. i have been testing and overhauling my mod order. the multi-mine mod does work even thoug it is an older mod.you could also try the compatablity mod that CC made for 1.07 to help with these kinds of clashes.

Karlieb

Quote from: Necora on May 10, 2017, 08:30:10 PM
@RedKetchup yup I keep forgetting to do that. Although it kinda makes you wonder, what is the point in even having storage flags for buildings if it only causes problems?

But, that still doesn't really help why iron isn't being stored here.... no mod that I know of changes the iron flag.
Quote from: brads3 on May 10, 2017, 08:59:52 PM
disable the iron is iron mod. most of the extra CC add-on mods have not been updated.you can use renewable resources or a different mine mod to get iron. i have been testing and overhauling my mod order. the multi-mine mod does work even thoug it is an older mod.you could also try the compatablity mod that CC made for 1.07 to help with these kinds of clashes.

Putting everything below CC fixed it. I don't know why I didn't do that after updating to the new versions.

(reposted cos i didn't tag anyone and I think it may have been missed)

Necora

@Karlieb ha I did miss that! Glad you got it working.

But still, I would like to understand why it happened, especially as it happened with vanilla resources not any introduced ones. This would have nothing to do with the storage flags given to the building, but something to do with either CC or Iron is Iron. I wonder if the Iron is Iron mod interfered some how? Do you have the latest version of that mod?

I'm going to have to download them all and see if I can replicate the issue and find out why it is happening. It is a shame to have to put the new maritimes updates below CC because for once I put a lot of effort into the raw materials models, textures, and icons... but now they will be overwritten by CC :( Oh well! As long as it works.

Karlieb

I guess it could also be the Maritime Trees? Here's a link to my mod order (screenshot too tall to politely embed). There's a bunch of things below that even but I don't think it applies.

http://i.imgur.com/1jdCI5s.jpg

Quote from: Necora on May 10, 2017, 09:20:59 PM

But still, I would like to understand why it happened, especially as it happened with vanilla resources not any introduced ones. This would have nothing to do with the storage flags given to the building, but something to do with either CC or Iron is Iron. I wonder if the Iron is Iron mod interfered some how? Do you have the latest version of that mod?

I don't know how to @tag someone so requoting.

brads3

where in the original order did you have the 2 NMT mods? i don't think the problem is the location of NECORA's mods. i have mine above CC and it is playable.i am though still waitin for the new links and files.

Paeng

Quote from: Karlieb on May 10, 2017, 10:16:52 PMI don't know how to @tag someone

Just type the @, then the first two letters of the membername - e.g. if you want to tag me, type @Pa... after a second or so you should get a flyout menu listing all membernames that start with Pa... from there just choose the one you want to tag...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Necora

Quote from: Karlieb on May 10, 2017, 10:16:52 PM
I guess it could also be the Maritime Trees? Here's a link to my mod order (screenshot too tall to politely embed). There's a bunch of things below that even but I don't think it applies.

It shouldn't be the trees... but it might have something to do with the minor changes I'm making to the newest core files, perhaps something important did change between updates to these (they are community files, not mine, so I'm not sure what changed exactly).

@brads3 I did add them to google drive, but I must have forgot to turn on syncing because when I got home the folders were empty. Putting the alternative links up now :)

Karlieb

Quote from: brads3 on May 11, 2017, 07:20:29 AM
where in the original order did you have the 2 NMT mods? i don't think the problem is the location of NECORA's mods. i have mine above CC and it is playable.i am though still waitin for the new links and files.

They were just below CC; I just 'topped' everything in reverse order (so the order would stay the same) except for the Maritime mods.

Quote from: Paeng on May 11, 2017, 07:33:22 AM
Quote from: Karlieb on May 10, 2017, 10:16:52 PMI don't know how to @tag someone

Just type the @, then the first two letters of the membername - e.g. if you want to tag me, type @Pa... after a second or so you should get a flyout menu listing all membernames that start with Pa... from there just choose the one you want to tag...  :)

@Paeng  Oh, I had tried that but it didn't show the tag in the preview so I thought I was doing it wrong. :P

brads3

any luck? did you try turning the iron is iron mod off? i would move the pine above CC that will allow the pine mod to work better. and you won't need both tree files. i would try it with the new NMT off and see if it will load and not erro out.

Karlieb

Quote from: brads3 on May 11, 2017, 01:30:51 PM
any luck? did you try turning the iron is iron mod off? i would move the pine above CC that will allow the pine mod to work better. and you won't need both tree files. i would try it with the new NMT off and see if it will load and not erro out.

Oh yeah, it's all perfect again now; I forgot to tag you as well, I think. ;)

I'll get this communicating thing down at some point. :P

Quote from: Karlieb on May 10, 2017, 07:21:59 PM
Putting everything below CC fixed it. I don't know why I didn't do that after updating to the new versions.
Quote from: Karlieb on May 10, 2017, 09:12:04 PM

(reposted cos i didn't tag anyone and I think it may have been missed)

brads3

at least it works. but you didn't find the cause. not harrasing you. there are times mods work better above CC.the pine forest mod works above CC. the NAT DIV mod would have to be at the top, to work also. i have 1 mmod that logic says it goes just above CC. but it actually has to be just below.i always screw that 1 up when my order gets goofed. it gives me fits sometimes.any start condition mod also would go above CC such as a age mod. my bet is the iron or the 2 NMT together.did you happen to run the debug and test various buildings? you might find 1) some items needed to build aren't listed under the buildings requirements. 2) strange blank tags at the TH ot TP. 3)items list twice such as charcoal.  glad you got back to playing though. these gremlins will eat you alive.

Karlieb

Quote from: brads3 on May 11, 2017, 04:46:00 PM
at least it works. but you didn't find the cause. not harrasing you. there are times mods work better above CC.the pine forest mod works above CC. the NAT DIV mod would have to be at the top, to work also. i have 1 mmod that logic says it goes just above CC. but it actually has to be just below.i always screw that 1 up when my order gets goofed. it gives me fits sometimes.any start condition mod also would go above CC such as a age mod. my bet is the iron or the 2 NMT together.did you happen to run the debug and test various buildings? you might find 1) some items needed to build aren't listed under the buildings requirements. 2) strange blank tags at the TH ot TP. 3)items list twice such as charcoal.  glad you got back to playing though. these gremlins will eat you alive.

I tried disabling one by one, restarting and starting a new game each time: Iron is Iron, NMT Clay Chain and NMT; and then just for fun I disabled Ridiculous Storage. But none of this fixed it for me (I didn't expect it to, as none of these actually change iron itself). Nothing else was acting strangely and the Pine Set blacksmith worked as expected.

What order are your Maritime mods in?

brads3

i put them mostly together above all the other sets.that way the pine forests works. i don't have the sherbrook mod yet though.i know the old NMT has items still tagged under the 1.06. many items like bricks,salt,roof tiles would be changed with the new 1.07. it is hidden flags that we as players don't see. i have the my precious mod. party of it is included in the CC. the buildings look different and has more parts with the actual mod so i still use it. the gold and silver won't store in the specific precious barn though since the mod uses the old tags. it looks to you or me like gold and silver but the code reads different stuff in the program. it works but i have to keep the my precious mod above CC. and then i lose the new melting building.
i dont think any of us have it all figured out yet. i see some things work odd. the thatch is limit tagged construction but stores as both that and firewood.if you wanted the bannies to do that with lumber i bet it wouldn't work.
  i tried a couple different things when i set this order. theres a couple mods i still should switch around and retest.did you try either of the compatability mods? i have both, the new 1 might help.

brads3

i have most of my mods above CC. that is why i find the way that fixed it for you to be odd.i think i have 1 set below CC due to criops overproducing when they were above CC before.