Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

An Empty Square

Started by Necora, May 09, 2017, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

An Empty Square

Download it here!

There is no alternative download link for this file as it is small and as been uploaded directly to the website. If you need a link, let me know in the comments below :)

An Empty Square String Tables

An Empty Square String Table
Necora Toolbar String Table

brads3

i'd be happy to hear how the edges look in the snow. if it works out could it be made to stretch like a field?

Necora

@brads3 you can't see it in the snow... it is invisible ;).

This is made as a simple building. I guess it would be possible to have an invisible stretchable field... but I don't know how to make a field that does't act as a crop field.

elemental

Thank you for this. Could you also make one that is passable and buildable on road tiles? The reason I ask is that it would be good to be able to stop foresters planting trees right in front of buildings without having to build a road on every square.

Necora

Quote from: elemental on May 09, 2017, 04:08:01 PM
Thank you for this. Could you also make one that is passable and buildable on road tiles? The reason I ask is that it would be good to be able to stop foresters planting trees right in front of buildings without having to build a road on every square.

Boy, one empty square just isn't enough these days.

I've added a passable empty square now as well and updated the mod. Let me know that it works.

elemental

Feel free to make empty rectangles in various sizes. 1x3, 1x4, 1x5...

Just kidding. And thanks again for the passable version.  :)

Abandoned

@Necora well, this is just fantastic.  I placed the empty square on the whole pond and no one walks thru it now.  I placed it on one side of the workplace picket fence and no one walks thru it now.  I would like to see it more accessible on the tool bar though, I am sure it will be used a lot.   Also want to say the deco trees are fantastic also and love the blue flax, driftwood too.  thank you so much for wonderful additions to the game.  :)

Necora

@elemental well, a few more sizes probably wouldn't hurt. I do want to try the stretchable field type thing that @brads3 mentioned.

@Abandoned glad it works! I was trying to think of the best place for it on the toolbar, where do you think? In the 'remove' section of the vanilla toolbar? Glad you like the other decos too!

Necora

@brads3 , @Abandoned , @elemental ... I have updated the emptiness once more. It is expanding! And expandable. We now have an empty field. Place like a crop field, but does nothing once placed apart from prevent stuff from growing. This should be easier than constantly placing 1x1 tiles. Now you can direct bannies with the impassible tiles, make small areas with the passable tiles, and use the empty field to block of large swaths of land from unwanted growth.

Cool!

Abandoned

@Necora in the remove section of vanilla tool bar was my thought too, I think it will be used quite a bit so where ever you decide it's location will be easily remembered. The stretchable field is what slink's lawns are but not invisible, that would be nice to have and would probably eliminate the need for other sizes since it is custom size.

Deco pieces really have me looking forward to trying your other sets, the maritime trees are wonderful.  :)

Abandoned

my thought exactly, great thank you @Necora  :)

Abandoned

Oh, it is not impassible though, so the pond would still need either a fence or added empty square and a fence would still need a row of single empty squares, but the empty field passible field is good, would a impassible one be possible.  Oh, I didn't have a tree sprout in the pond but I suppose that would have been possible. Like those driftwood trees.   :)

Necora

No the field isn't impassible. I'm not sure that it can be, I can't see anything in the template to change that would make it so. I think it will have to be a case of using the empty pieces around the edge where needed to stop the bannies.

brads3

now if you could make it do this.........................................lol i try to come up with something to keep you entertained or on your toes.if that is used as much as my roads have been you will have everyone busy now. with BARTENDERS nat div mod the trees don't grow back near as fast or thick.there have been many good changes to banished  lately.

Karlieb

You win the Santa prize for the year. ;)