News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Settlers 2

Started by Pangaea, September 15, 2014, 09:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pangaea

Over the last couple of weeks I've been playing Settlers 2, the 10th year anniversary edition (a  remake of the game, with fancy graphics and stuff). It's so much fun, especially with the Vikings add-on. Unfortunately the Settlers series went down the tube quality-wise, but Settlers 2 is a really great game. Reminds me quite a lot of Banished, although Settlers has the military aspect too. The city building is what I find most fun though. That's what I enjoyed with Timber and Stone as well early on, but they took a direction more towards combat, and I just wan't all that interested in that. Those early builds were great fun though.

Anyway... anybody else playing (or have played) Settlers 2?

rkelly17

I had Settlers 2 when it first came out (several computers ago) and got Settlers 2 Gold from Gog awhile back. It has a map editor as well as the game. I often turn off all the computer players before I start a game so I can just plan, build and expand without the combat.

Pangaea

I've not played the original game, but I love the remake they did. I've heard the map generator works better in the original, but I believe there was on on the new one too, at least with the Vikings addon. I've not used it much, though.

Just building stuff all over the place is a lot of fun. At least until all the mountains are empty, heh. A while ago I built a load of foresters all over the place, and filled a huge map with forests. It looked pretty :D

Tilleen

Hello,

If you liked Settlers 2, which I did, you should check out Wide Lands https://wl.widelands.org/

It is based on the original idea of Settlers but has been expanded alot.

Geoffrey