News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Water and Wind Mills - Redketchup

Started by RedKetchup, October 16, 2014, 08:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: irrelevant on October 16, 2014, 08:21:53 PMI'll shut up about windmills.

Oh, please don't...  :)

I feel that there should be a lot more discussion and feedback about concepts, models and designs, textures and colors, shapes and materials, collecting images for comparison and so on... however, often there seems to be immediate resistance and animosity the moment one tries to introduce different ideas - that's what I don't understand. Isn't that what 'brainstorming' is all about?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

irrelevant

That windmill isn't new, it first came out about a month ago. I didn't like it then. Nothing against the 3D model, it's very well-done. I just don't care for that design. I understand that it is historically correct. The problem is with my preconceptions. No big deal.

edit: I see now that this isn't the original tonkso windmill, it is a new 3D model. It is much nicer than that one was. I'm sure this will be a great mod, where that one was just broken all to hell.

RedKetchup

so if i do one similar to the dutch one, will you guys happy ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

@RedKetchup you are the mod man. Your stuff is great. I feel bad for having even said anything. It's easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize. You do what pleases @RedKetchup! :)

RedKetchup

if people want to check it out in game , how it looks, how it feels ....

both makes flour , cant do nothing with flour yet but ... works great. mine have no bugs ^^

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 16, 2014, 09:55:58 PMboth makes flour, can't do nothing with flour yet but...

Just a quick grow - works fine...

The watermill is already looking pretty good - if you feel like it (and if the model can be tweaked), maybe add a bit more detail on the wheel like a few more paddles, a hole in the wall where the axle enters the building, a small wooden platform along the waterside of the building... such details make a lot of difference - look at the details you added to the walls of the monastery, they made the whole thing so much more complete  :)

RedKetchup

thanks for your testing and comments :)

Nilla

I love your windmill!!!!!

It is Banished!!!!!!

What do I mean with this?

It doesn't look like any real existing windmill, as I know of. Perfect! No construction plan, no great engineering calculations. Just a basic need - something built, that could work and fullfill this need. Far from "perfect" but built with existing knowledge and materials. Nothing could fit better into this game.

The watermill is also fine, but more "conservative"=expected. To make flour it would work alright, but if you want to do some heavier things, the wheel is a bit small and weak.

I would very much like to see a watermill that could improve the mines. These are terrible inefficient (in my isolated town with much coalmining 10 woodcutters made more fuel than 200 coalminers). And these mods that just make them more efficient without effort, please no. It would be different (and more realistic) if a building (watermill to transport water and materials out of the mine) could be used to make the mines more efficient for each worker.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on October 17, 2014, 12:09:10 AM

The watermill is already looking pretty good - if you feel like it (and if the model can be tweaked), maybe add a bit more detail on the wheel like a few more paddles, a hole in the wall where the axle enters the building, a small wooden platform along the waterside of the building... such details make a lot of difference - look at the details you added to the walls of the monastery, they made the whole thing so much more complete  :)

Like that ? does it suit you better ? :)

the wheel is bigger, less weak. i added a dock that goes up to behind the house over the water. and i made all the building just a little bit bigger overall to fit that new size : 10x9 (instead of 9x9)
i also allow it to be build 1x1 further over the water and adjusted my back wall accordingly to go deeper at the bottom of the river.

in game it really looks great now.

Bobbi

I thought the watermill looked nice before, but now it looks even better! I hope I have time to play some tomorrow, I barely got started testing the monastery today. Should have some numbers for you tomorrow if they still will help.

RedKetchup

k, nice.

i am back on little house for the moment...

will do something..... never did before :) a crazy idea i ve got :)

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 17, 2014, 05:18:15 PMthe wheel is bigger, less weak. i added a dock that goes up to behind the house over the water.

Oh yes - great enhancements, they look really good!  :D

RedKetchup

i didnt added any palms to the wheel.... since i would need to rotate every piece of wood to make place :P

just a bit bigger and it s already nice

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 18, 2014, 02:50:17 AMjust a bit bigger and it s already nice

Yeah, it looks a lot more powerful now :)

I looked back at the windmill too - in the unfinished building stages the construction of the mill "tower" is exposed... maybe you can play a bit with that, instead of having it just sitting on top of the roof?

* Quick and dirty, needs your touch to give it a better finished look, of course...  ;)

Paeng