News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Soup Kitchen

Started by irrelevant, May 02, 2015, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Mushrooms are the storage bane of us all. How about a soup kitchen to take mushrooms and make them into mushroom soup that takes up only 1 space in storage instead of 4? No added value, other than more compact storage? Should have fairly high output to make it worthwhile.

TheFunnyOne1125

There is a mod that fixes mushroom weight.
Google search results.

irrelevant

I know; that's too easy  ;)

Paeng

Quote from: irrelevant on May 02, 2015, 09:56:08 PMthat's too easy

Yep, that just radically sets the weight to 1... some production with it would indeed be good  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

when i ll do the corner buildings, i ll check what i can do :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

TheFunnyOne1125

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 05, 2015, 09:30:53 PM
Right on RedKetchup.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

irrelevant

Quote from: TheFunnyOne1125 on May 06, 2015, 02:56:24 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on May 05, 2015, 09:30:53 PM
Right on RedKetchup.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
Me too! Thanks, @RedKetchup! You are doing great work! The Banished community owes much to you.

davissc83

Dried mushrooms could be a good solution as well.

chillzz

yeah @RedKetchup soupkitchen would be a nice addition :)

Cream of Mushroom soup : Cream + Mushroom + Herbs + Water

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

afwings

I love the idea of a mushroom soup kitchen and have started my first mod....  here is the first draft of what will hopefully be know as the Soup Shack.

RedKetchup

OMG , go go go @afwings  :)

i feel very alone here to be the only moddler ^^

gerns

soup kitchen looks great.

afwings

Hi @RedKetchup !  I love your mods and am doing my best to come up to speed with banished..... I've just imported from sketchup into 3DS Max and made the 3 stages....  now I am trying to figure out the coding.  I'm just following the instructions from the modkit, is there a checklist / step by step tutorial anywhere?  I've got two other building to go along with this one, but want t make sure I can actually get this one into the game and functioning first... fun fun.

RedKetchup

make sure the completed building is in 1 single mesh which you will call : mesh
the 2 other buildings, the partial build, also need to be in 1 single mesh too, and they will be called : build01 and build02 (build01 is your foundations and build02 = 50%)

the 'standard' name must be the same as your texture. the toolkit doesnt look the texture, it looks for the 'name' of the standard and apply the texture matched with that name.

each textures need to be png, jpg, tif , but tga isnt accepted. also, texture always need to be in pixels 32,64,128,256,512,1024... in that format. we cannot say it is a multiple of 32, cause 96 isnt accepted nor 192.

and each texture need to be in /MaterialInstance/ folder along with 2 files.
lets go with an example : AfwingsDoor

you should have a AfwingsDoor.png , a AfwingsDoor.rsc , a AfwingsDoorTexture.rsc. (try to choose unique name for all your textures so you dont conflict with a same name texture in another mod
the AfwingsDoor.rsc is refencing the AfwingsDoorTexture.rsc which refencing the AfwingsDoor.png

if you are very very good at 3D and know how to 'bake' all the texture in 1 file like the apiary.png.... you're good.
me i dont.

Apiary should be good as example, but if you take mushroom + other things  = MushroomSoup : Blacksmith.rsc ToolMaker.rsc should be your good example (found in /resource/ folder of your modkit.

each new resource you are creating need to have it own RawMaterialSoup.rsc (for example name) and need to have it own graphic.fbx and the files matching the textures in this .fbx too.
and if you are refencing a resource not in game, but made in another mod. you will need to have a good copy of it, or do your own graphic/files like RawMaterialWater.rsc (mine) RawMaterialCream.rsc (mine or CC one).....

RedKetchup

i edited previous post to add more details, be sure to have seen those :)