News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Forest Trader V1.1

Started by kid1293, November 03, 2019, 10:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

Kid, I am using RKEC and then most of your mods, but RKEC is the top mod.  There are bears roaming around, that give meat and fur. 

kid1293

It should be compatible with RKEC on top. I have used the same code as RK.
Just another fur model. Pure cosmetic.
We both flag it as Textile. No change.

Abandoned

You do not trade furs at the inland trader - you trade Trade Goods and get furs from the inland trader.  Trade your furs as usual at the river trading post.  RK furs can be traded at the river trading post too.

galensgranny

Abandoned, so the inland trade GIVES furs, but only if one has this mod's workshop to stock it with whatever the workshop makes.  I thought it would take furs, and then trade with usual trade items or maybe certain specific items.

It would be good to have the explanations about how this mod works here in this thread.  I suppose if one reads and studies your story, all would be revealed, but having to read through posts of a story to get a quick answer is not the best.

Abandoned

The mod is a fur trading mod based on historic Hudson Bay Fur Trading Company.  Trade goods represent the cook pots, small tools, and wool blankets that were traded at that time.

Stories, are written over a period of time, testing and explaining. Any questions can be asked here and then answered as we just did.

kid1293

In the tooltip to Inland Trader

'Inland Trader trades special Trade Goods for Furs.'

Did I miss something in English? I am not used to the order of some expressions.
Correct me if I am wrong :)

galensgranny

Kid, the tooltip saying,  "Inland Trader trades special Trade Goods for Furs" to me could be either way;  You give special trade goods and get furs, or you give furs and get special trade goods.  Maybe if it said, "trades your special trade goods from the workshop for furs" would be clear to anyone, even me.

A problem is that I had no idea what the "special trade goods" were.  I did not know one had to build that particular workshop to then get the  "trade goods", with "trade good" being the name of one kind of item.   I though that just meant  certain kind of items from the game in general, such as maybe the trader only accepted logs, stone and iron, for example. 

Abandoned, do you really expect people in general coming to this forum, and seeing a download, are then going to go read your stories to try to figure out how a mod works?  There really should be a short explanation on the page where the mod is available.

Abandoned

@galensgranny , none of the mods @kid1293 and I are making are all that complicated, actually not complicated at all.  One new item - trade goods - made in Kid's mod itself.  It is logical that a player that downloads the mod is going to look at the pieces that the mod contains.  "Special" means something other than general and thus would indicate something included in the mod itself - trade good.  Maybe it should say "trades furs for special trade goods"   I don't recall off hand what the workshop tool tip says.

I recall reading on one of these discussion threads that it is too difficult to find information on these threads and people should just ask.  If they don't want to ask, another option here is to read my story. Certainly no one should have to read any of the blogs to see how a mod works.  ???  We will keep it in mind to better explain new added items on the mod discussion thread in the future.

kid1293

Hi and Good Morning :)
I made a note on the download page. I think it is more clear now.
You were right @galensgranny, that my tooltip can be misleading.
A curiosity in English, or? I just translated from my native Swedish.

Instead of uploading a new version I made a note.
I hope it is okay :)

kid1293

@taniu - please don't do this. We manage without camels!
It was a friend of RedKetchup who could animate animals but I am
not sure if he can do it again.
We are all short of money. We should not pay for a dumb camel!

I sincerely thank you for wanting this. It is a nice gesture!
My advice is - go and buy something extra nice ( strawberries? )
and think about all that is already possible in the game. :)

Cheers!
(I am drinking a glass of sherry from Spain)

brads3

if we can get the decoration animals from CC, we would have standing camels among any other animals.

galensgranny

@kid1293 . what you wrote on the download page is good.  As to your question of whether it is something particular about English, I don't know.  But in English, your original statement could have been meant either way.
Abandoned, I never felt that any of Kid's mods were complicated.

galensgranny

@taniu , We can have a ghosted camel now.  It is in the Megamod deco pack from Black Liquid.  I don't see it now on their forum, but I did find a link to a version of the Deco Pack at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B20sIJjUdJtmSnlhUXphX0g2Vlk/view
It is not worth you spending money on a camel. 

Goblin Girl

I love this!  Hopefully I'll have time to play again, come January.  I miss it.

CookieBarrel

@kid1293 First let me say Loving your mods. Downloaded your new train mod and just was ready to build the station. I was all excited until, alas I notice something dreadful...

Well, not to keep you in suspense. The Forest trader and Fairy Tale mods over write each others textures.

Oh, by the way. you have an interesting way of taking a break.:)