News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Request: Pesky Produce (by Owlchemist) - Updated (please)

Started by QueryEverything, May 21, 2017, 12:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Dear all,

A couple of weeks back I found that one of my fave mods had completely bugged itself, and is no longer able to be used.  Unfortunately through testing with others we found we weren't alone, I also realised that Owlchemist had flown the Banished coop, sadly. :(

I like this mod, it's a little quirky, it has a bit of a sense of humour, and to me it makes sense - rogue bushels of vegetation in the wild for the picking :) 

So, today I am asking if there is someone who knows Owl to ask if the mod can be brought up to date (perhaps, they release the code) - or, at the very least, a new mod created that does what Pesky was very good at doing ...  surprising our Banniminions with Pesky random, Produce :) 
It's a fun request - just some quirk, random goodness, with nothing too serious in mind :) 

I introduce to you:
Owlchemist's Pesky Produce
https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/291-Pesky-Produce

QuoteThis mod enables reseeding on crops and orchards. Depending on the plant, it will begin potentially reseeding at 70-90% growth, and different plants are more likely to reseed than others.

Wild crops can be harvested using the "Clear Wild Crops" tool, added to the removal toolbar. Because wild crops get started so late in the season, it is unlikely they will fully mature before frost hits, although they can be harvested anyway for a small immature yield.

Because your citizens will harvest crops as soon as they're ready, you will usually only see a few wild crops pop up. However, if a crop is deliberately not harvested, the effects are much more noticeable, especially if they matured early.

Note that wild fruit trees do not bear any fruit and are only good for wood (or aesthetics).

Cheaty difficulty? Maybe a little bit. It may be more trouble than it's worth to send your laborers out to collect a bunch of stray, immature wild crops before frost hits, but it can help a bit in a pinch. It's more of an aesthetic mod.

Thank you for reading :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Bartender

Despo and I discussed this.. and we decided that the effects of this mod would fit perfectly with Natural Diversity. It would be a shame if this nice idea gets lost, and since OwlChemist is indeed no longer active, we're happy to pick it up and develop it further ;).

QueryEverything

Oh wow, that would be awesome @Bartender & @despo_20 :)  That's exciting news :)  And I think you're right, it would fit Nativ rather well :D 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]