News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

My New Village Has Me Stumped Already

Started by MarkAnthony, July 18, 2019, 07:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

I just started a fresh map where I am actually going to make an effort to take it farther than all the other maps I've played; but something already seems to be wrong with it.

I already have my initial buildings up and running, everything is built and nothing is in the queue paused up. I haven't laid any roads yet. I started with 12 Banies on this map, eight adults and four children. My first two are already in school so 100% educated is soon to come.

What's got me confused is when looking at the Professions window it tells me I have jobs available for three Builders. Where? I got no roads, everything is built already, and each building I currently have does not require a Builder to operate it. So where are these mysterious three "things" that have room available for three Builders?  I'm stumped.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Edit: I already tried dragging the "Remove Structures" tool around my entire area and even into some neighboring areas, nothing "hidden" shows up in red to be removed. 

I remember this happening one time when I was playing in North. I was watching the Banies do their work and I was wondering why I kept seeing them drop stone and logs at this one spot. I was like "What the heck?! Why are you guys throwing away my materials?!"  >:(   I tried clicking all over the place in that mysterious spot but nothing highlighted on screen and no UI window popped up showing what it was. So I used the "Remove Structures" tool and it highlighted one square in red. I forget what it was exactly but even the "Remove Structures" tool wouldn't get rid of it. I had to let it be built before I could destroy it which would have taken even more materials to build it than what was already dropped there.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

you have 3 laborers available to become builders. if you clicked on a project, it would show the number of slots available for builders. in other words 3 builders could work to build this building.

moonbelf

Once a building project has been started I find you can't use the remove structure tool because .. it's not a structure yet. Sounds like you designated "something" to be built and the laborers brought the materials and dropped them off.

Do you have any builders? If yes, did you try clicking the right hand arrow by Builder to show what he is doing?

MarkAnthony

Quote from: brads3 on July 18, 2019, 08:43:03 PM
you have 3 laborers available to become builders. if you clicked on a project, it would show the number of slots available for builders. in other words 3 builders could work to build this building.
I don't think so @brads3 .  I only have one Laborer and zero Builders at this point but it still showed in the Professions window as me having positions for three Builders somewhere.

Look at the screenshot. It now says I have positions for five Builders but that's only because I just now placed down a Wooden Bridge to be built which allows for two more Builders so 3+2 now = 5. After that bridge is built it will again drop down to three positions available for Builders, and again I only have one available Banie assigned as a Laborer.  Temporarily I will assign him as a Builder to get that bridge done though.

My thinking is I will connect the land masses with bridges just in case there is something "hidden" somewhere on the map that requires a "visit" by a Builder; maybe then the number of positions available for a Builder will eventually drop down to zero as it should.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48319835132_f61826e614_o.jpg

Quote from: moonbelf on July 18, 2019, 08:52:18 PMSounds like you designated "something" to be built and the laborers brought the materials and dropped them off.
This remark here is referring to that one time in North. I don't know what happened there. But the issue I'm confused with now is a different game.

Quote from: moonbelf on July 18, 2019, 08:52:18 PMDo you have any builders? If yes, did you try clicking the right hand arrow by Builder to show what he is doing?
Again I do not have any assigned Builders but the Professions window said 0 Builders but 3 positions available. Now it says 5 positions available because I just now laid down a new bridge to be built. After the bridge is built the Professions window will go back to saying 0 of 3 for Builders and show once again that I only have one available Banie designated as a Laborer.

I tried what you suggested anyways. I put that lone Laborer and set him as a Builder then clicked that arrow next to Builders in the Professions window to find him. He did nothing but wander the nearby village area picking up resources from a few spots I still had available for gathering stone.

What I think would solve this riddle for me is to have a Town Hall up and running, this way I could cycle through the places... that have positions available for Builders. That would sove this I think but I don't have the Debug Tool loaded for this game to free-build a Town Hall and I am not ready to build one anyhow; like I said I only have one Laborer and zero Builders right now.

I'm going to get that bridge built and see what happens. Maybe when my first student graduates he/she will wander off somewhere and find those mysterious places.  I'll let you all know what becomes of it.

MarkAnthony

ROFL, what an idiot I can be!  I think I figured it out.

I recall once I was going through @Discrepancy 's Market's menu. It's a "General Wagon Vendor" that's hiding somewhere near my forest hub. I really hate that it doesn't leave a footprint on the map so that you can pause it and leave the window open. I guess it takes three Builders to unpack it/build it after I get the Wagon Parts made for it. So... I'm on it. Gonna build me a Wagon Workshop to get the two required Wagon Parts to build that wagon then I bet my positions available for Builders will drop to zero as it should be in the Professions window!

I remember the first time I tried using Discrepancy's wagons in another game. I selected the one I wanted, placed it... saw nothing...placed it again... rinse repeat like 5x.  Said screw it!  ROFL  Next thing I know about an hour later or so I saw a wagon sitting next to a building. I said, "Where'd you come from little wagon?" "Oh yeah... I recall trying to build one." Well... I forgot I had placed a wagon there so I had already built buildings nearby. That wagon had to be destroyed because it was now in a bad spot. I set it for destruction and set priority on it. It got destroyed but "WTH" there was still a wagon there? I set for destruction again, watched it... it got destroyed... but still another wagon!  LOL I had to do it like six times because I placed 6 wagons in the exact same spot!

Dang you @Discrepancy  Gimme footprints for your wagons!  :D

MarkAnthony

So yeah, everything is back as it should be in regards to the proper number of positions available for Builders. That mystery structure was indeed the "General Wagon Vendor".

As you can see it is once again in a bad spot because I forgot I had even placed it down and subsequently had built a normal Stockpile, Wood Chopper, Stone Tools Maker and that much needed Wagon Workshop that solved the mystery.

I'll just leave the General Wagon Vendor where it is for now, it's actually in a great spot to serve my forest hub which is a bit further to the left of the wagon.  It's the stockpile and the rest of the stuff I should be relocating elsewhere.

Thanks for reading the "Adventures of Mark Anthony, the Newbie!"

:D ;)

Discrepancy

I had a feeling that was the issue you were having.

The wagons I can make with a footprint if everyone wishes.
I made it with road tiles to allow the ground to be paved under, and give the illusion that the market has just pulled up and set up shop.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: Discrepancy on July 19, 2019, 01:02:37 AM
The wagons I can make with a footprint if everyone wishes.
I made it with road tiles to allow the ground to be paved under, and give the illusion that the market has just pulled up and set up shop.
Nah, that's okay. I don't want people givin' me the 'ole "evil eye" about that change.  :-X It'd be nice though if there was a way to place it down as it is and have it be clickable after placing it so that we can pop open a UI window for it to keep and eye on it, or even pause it if we needed to. 

But naww, I'll just try to do my best and try to refrain from clicking on the ground when I got one of those wagons hangin' on to my mousie!  ROFL   :P

moonbelf

RedKetchup

i think one day i'll ask Discrepancy if i can use his models of iron/logs/firewood/andetc...

^^

they are so beautiful!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

moonbelf

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 19, 2019, 04:39:04 PM
i think one day i'll ask Discrepancy if i can use his models of iron/logs/firewood/andetc...

^^
they are so beautiful!

Yes they are and I love the idea of you incorporating them!