News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice MOD 1.3.1 FULL

Started by RedKetchup, March 11, 2019, 08:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

has anyone ran an RK map farther than 20yrs? is the thatch still growing and spreading on the map? RED can we get a spawning chart? did you change it in the latest version or is the fodder-thatch still spawing from the flowers?

thatch stopped growing and seems to be choked out from the flowers. i went back to the castle map and thatch was gone there as well.

RedKetchup

yeah i am trying to fix that in RKEC. i reduced life of flowers, and added a +% to grass spawn. i still need to play with the numbers.
the thing is playing a lot is the fact nothing is spawning the grass. trees dont spawn grass in RKEC (in MM yes). so when a grass patch die and couldnt replicated itself, auto respawn, the meadows die

i need to also play with the number of neighbors i allow to grass spawn. maybe it is too restrictive and rarely respawn itself.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

ok, thank you. i looked back at earlier maps and thatch did seem to mulitply and lasted past year 20. i did rememever you said it was spawned by flowers before.

RedKetchup

grass is spawning the flowers, not the flowers don't spawn the grass

donwolfkonecny

Hey Red, you know how the Lumbermill produces lumber out it's butt? What I mean is, it makes the lumber behind the lumber mill. Makes me think of a puppy, pooping where it's not supposed to!
I tried placing a Construction pile there hoping the lumber would land in the Construction pile but it does not use it, it skips anything in the way and leaves the lumber even further away from the lumber mill.
Is there a reason for this? Does it have to be this way?
It forces me to try to remember to leave a blank line for the lumber to go, which then makes other buildings and access not line up nicely. Otherwise the lumber ends up several buildings away, blocking roads etc. I would prefer the lumber collected in the lumber mill, not outside.
Can you make the lumber from the lumbermill appear inside the building squares, NOT outside?

RedKetchup

thats a problem with the dummys, if where the dummy is, if the tile is not available, it will send it to the next available tile around.
gonna check that.

donwolfkonecny

Thanks. I don't know what a dummy is, but I think it must be OUTside the building squares because if there are no buildings around at all, it still puts the lumber OUTside the building squares. Preferred would be inside the squares toward the front, similar to Woodcutter.

donwolfkonecny

Another building does that as well, a food processor, maybe the smoker or salter, one of them also drops processed food OUTside of the building squares. And I need to try (and fail) to remember to leave an extra blank line to avoid blocking the road, but I always forget, and even if I DO remember, it throws off the buildings arrangement because now one has to have an extra blank line. Thanks for trying to fix these! :)

Jinxiewinxie

Dummy refers to the "point" we specify in the game where something should exist or happen inside the model itself =) Like the point where something gets created from a building or where people work (like with the woodcutter, the little stumps the worker goes to each have a "dummy" telling the game where he should perform his work action). So the creation point in the model where Red tells the building to produce the lumber is called a dummy =)

RedKetchup

i fixed the lumbermill dummies for rkec 1.4

brads3

good morning. did you adjust what foods spawn with the different trees? i read somewhere that onions and roots spawn from some and fruits spawn from others. i was not able t o find that info when i searched. i believe it was on reddit. i ask cause it appears blueberries are spawning with fir trees.

RedKetchup

you cannot tell a fir is spawning this, a oak will spawn that and the birch will spawn that ... you cannot do that. it has nothing to do with the models. it has to do with the NaturalResourceFile.rsc. all the model in that file you will see them on the map and has nothing to do with the spawn seperately. everything in that NaturalResourceFile.rsc has a list of spawn at the bottom of the file.

RKEC has 2 layer of trees :

NaturalResourceTree.rsc and NaturalResourceTreeRK2.rsc

both has the same list of spawn:

SpawnDescription spawn
{
   Spawn _spawn
   [
      {
         ComponentDescription _naturalResource = "Template\NaturalResourceHerb.rsc";
         float _minSpawnAge = 1.1;
         float _maxSpawnAge = 100.0;
      }
      {
         ComponentDescription _naturalResource = "Template\NaturalResourceOnion.rsc";
         float _minSpawnAge = 0.1;
      }
      {
         ComponentDescription _naturalResource = "Template\NaturalResourceBlueberry.rsc";
      }
      {
         ComponentDescription _naturalResource = "Template\NaturalResourceMushroom.rsc";
      }
      {
         ComponentDescription _naturalResource = "Template\NaturalResourceRoot.rsc";
      }
      {
         ComponentDescription _naturalResource = "Template\NaturalResourceRK3Ddeadwood.rsc";
      }
      {
         ComponentDescription _naturalResource = "Template\NaturalResourceRKWildFlax.rsc";
      }
      {
         ComponentDescription _naturalResource = "Template\NaturalResourceRKWildOats.rsc";
      }
      {
         ComponentDescription _naturalResource = "Template\NaturalResourceRKWildCotton.rsc";
      }
   ]
}

brads3

i wish i could have found the post. it was interesting.maybe LUKE changed it or it is hard coded.from my memory birches gave better chance of fruits. why i was surprised to see the higher blueberry count. i do know there is a difference.onions aren't over productive now. much impoved from vanilla. :D

RedKetchup

the problem with wild food versus crop food or orchard food come from a totally stupid idea from Luke.

crops use this :
RawMaterialDescription rawmaterial
{
   SpriteSheet _spriteSheet = "Dialog/SpriteSheet.rsc";
   StringTable _stringTable = "Dialog/StringTable.rsc:rawMaterial";
   String _name = "Bean";
   String _nameSmall = "BeanSmall";

int _lowCreateCount = 20;
   int _highCreateCount = 28;

int _weight = 1;
   int _createChance = 4;

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Edible | Vegetable;

float _carryScale = 0.5;
}

the orchards use this:
{
   String _nameSmall = "AppleSmall";
   String _name = "Apple";

int _lowCreateCount = 44;
   int _highCreateCount = 56;

int _weight = 1;
   int _createChance = 1;

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Edible | Fruit;

float _carryScale = 0.5;
}

Wild food use this:
{
   String _name = "Onion";
   String _nameSmall = "OnionSmall";

int _lowCreateCount = 16;
   int _highCreateCount = 24;
   int _weight = 1;
   int _createChance = 1;

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Edible | Vegetable;

float _carryScale = 0.66;
}

As you can see they all have different number and also a different int _createChance for crops. a = 4 means you will get a drop every 4 crop tiles. not every tiles, every spawn harvested with a int _createChance = 1 will give you a drop every tile or every spawn in the wood.
so when you try to make a crop with berries.... or orchards with berries, modders can change the numbers, can change the int _createChance number too.

so if from a mod, you get those numbers all messed up, you can get different of year output.

but no, a birch wont spawn more onions than oak or pine ^^

RedKetchup

not only this int _createChance is a mess , but Luke also put it in the totally wrong files !!!
it is not in the RawMaterialBerry.rsc file it should be written : int _createChance !!! but it should be in the NaturalResourceBerry.rsc file.

that way you could have an original NaturalResourceBerry.rsc for wild food with int _createChance = 1 and have a 2nd one,
NaturalResourceBerryCrop.rsc with a int _createChance = 4

Luke put different rules and different numbers and balanced his game around those different rules instead to tell ok, everything will drop = 48 and balanced his game around this honest and intelligent rule.

so we try to do things according the rules, mistakes can be made when you search a parade.