News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Alotofseeds V2.0

Started by kid1293, April 09, 2017, 09:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

I have kept town hall inventory open and minimized and didn't notice any slow down but then I have small map with fewer and smaller activated mods.  I find it real handy to have trading post and town hall inventory open or minimized when trying to get enough trade goods to port before boatman leaves.  Kept open and pinned to stay open blocks too much of the screen limiting what else you can do while you wait.   :)

Paeng

Quote from: brads3 on April 22, 2017, 10:12:41 AMi read that having the TH open will slow down the game. does that still happen if you minimize it?

Well, actually (and as far as I know), the "minimize" button is a bit of trickery... the UI window is not really minimized, you just get to see only a portion of it... while the actual window is still fully opened and active (calculations and so on)...

So yes, having many of this open (and seemingly minimized) might slow down performance... on my laptop I definitely notice it and usually pause when opening TH or TP...

* Though I don't really see a use in having multiple townhalls?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Gatherer

I've done a quick test in my current town: opened 4 TH's and minimized them. The lag started instantly. Game speed x2 felt like x1. Minimize buttons are as @Paeng says, a trickery.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Paeng

Quote from: Gatherer on April 22, 2017, 12:40:47 PMa trickery.

Though extremely useful to save screen estate, as Abandoned mentioned... I use mine mainly for the professions window (which can become huge with mods).

We should just use them sparingly, specially if we don't have one of them big fat game rigs...  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

@kid1293 tiny town hall already has a minimize button, and I'm sure I've used it a dozen times.  Boatman came, opened town hall inventory, and there it was.  Sorry about that.   :)

brads3

ABANDONED order us all  new gaming comps . ty. i thought that was how it worked PAENG. why i don;t do it.see KID i am only half as crazy as you thought.

Abandoned

@brads3 how much coffee you been drinking?  I don't have new gaming computer, I said I had small maps and few small mods so no lag.  So, you were right even with too much coffee LOL  :)  I still would like minimize button on trading posts.

kid1293

Hi!

I am updating Alotofseeds to version 1.4 - another texture.

Thanks goes to @Abandoned for starting this.
Now I think it is more or less complete. And what I have read, it is working.

QueryEverything

And in future releases ....  *sprays crystal ball with Windex* I spy ...  AlotofAnimals, the Farmyard version ...

Only kidding .... maybe ;)

Thanks for the update @kid1293 in all seriousness.  Much appreciated.  :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

Where is the trader going to hold 32 cows, 18 sheep and 46 chickens in his boat?  ;D ;D ;D

embx61

Quote from: kid1293 on May 03, 2017, 08:52:38 AM
Where is the trader going to hold 32 cows, 18 sheep and 46 chickens in his boat?  ;D ;D ;D

In a Chief Brody voice from the movie Jaws "We going to need a bigger boat" :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on May 03, 2017, 09:55:18 AM
Quote from: kid1293 on May 03, 2017, 08:52:38 AM

In a Chief Brody voice from the movie Jaws "We going to need a bigger boat" :)

Oh my @embx61
Haha, I just about spat out my morning porridge when that loaded :)

@kid1293 I could make a comment about the Ark, but I think Embx61 did a far better bit of humour, not gonna try it ;)
I have 3, maybe different cows in game now, sooooooo  .... And a deer mod ....  we're looking a decent amount numbers. :)  Maybe, a Nautilus ;)  Oh oh oh oh, that's what you could name an animal trader, Nemo, or Verne :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

i never understood how a such thing can float with so easily.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

LOL I think my comment may have gotten lost yet again so  @kid1293

[/A Big Thank You  :) size]