News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES: Vicks #6

Started by brads3, November 13, 2017, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

Good morning.sadly, i had to move on from the last map. i did keep the last 5 saves. it seems like months since i logged anything.it did become a struggle for a while to try and contiue the map.the last 5 years were re-played several times to push past whatever fatal error hwas kicking me out.the last few weeks of it,i could get the map to play smoothly and think i was past it,only to get locked up again.the bannies still moved along without skipping.i still think it is more this computer than a problem with a mod.it was getting frustrating to do the same things each day only to get the same results. anyway, it is too quiet on here so i should try to wake the site back up.

i tested some mods and added a few more to the list.i think there is 1 that might be in the mod order wrong.it is a minor 1,so i am not too concerned.most have been tested and moved.

mod adjustments 117 total,moved the bigger wheelbarrow mod to the top,added traders except all<doesn't seem to help much>
add multiple starts<we do not start with thatch on the map by using these>,below this i added the CC orchard forest mod<the version incluided with CC had issues due to mod conflicts.now we can control some of those with mod orders>,added KID's bakery for the greenhouses placed above CC tropical GH and both above CC,added marble quarry to work with the my precious and statues mods<this 1 may need to be moved around>,added soapiry and KID's storage carts,dropped all other KID's mods below CC<to give more ducks to the hunters>
keys: NMT is above CC to give better water outputs,do have icon glitches on EB's irrigation mods.

brads3

should i go through the whole list of 117 mods and explain why i use them?? there has been new players so i guess i will.

banished 1.07 beta build 107212 yes i am probably behind a version.
MODS: in order from top down

bigger wheelbarrow-lets the vendors/merchants carry more,
traders except all-so modded tradingposts will except all goods including CC items. note: i am not convinced this helps or works on all modded traders,
RK vanilla TP for 1.07- a trading post fix to solve issues between 1.06 mods and the 1.07 items.YOU SHOULD HAVE THIS.
CC no smoke,no wild ducks,CC light rain-these mods speed get rid of graphics which should help give the computer some speed.the duck mod solves an issue where the hunters would hunt ducks more than deer,thereby overstocking you with feathers instead of leather.

KID's vegetable garden start-gives those seeds at map starts if using some settings
stop burning coal-stops houses from using coal to heat. be advised it does not mean the houses only use firewood.
residence fix-fixed a fatal error that happened sporadically with some housing.
more wood per tree,safer mines,unlimited mines, all self-explanatory

renewable resources2- adds "foresters" that respawn stone,iron,iron ore,and coal.
forget orchards-no need to cut and replant orchards,they also will produce fruit sooner.
immortal trees-trees don't die and fall over.
FLAX PATCH and PINE MOD-adds NECORA's pine mod set,trees,and gathering ability.also adds fur and pelts.
SEASONFX- gives a different texture to crop fields.
NAT DIV 1-adds thatch and meadows depending on start settings.changes graphics of many wild plants. be advised with this,you will need thatch for some construction including pastures.

MULTIPLE STARTS-gives different options. with an A&E start,you still do not have thatch meadows.
CC ORCHARD FORESTERS-set of hobbit-looking foresters that plant fruit trees or nuts or grapes.it is not a mixture of all in 1.comes with its own gatherer.
BLACKSMITH TOOLS-more tool options including stone,wood,steel and hardened tools. works with several smiths but not all.
BAKERS AND MILLERS-different styled buildings.
TJORKO MILL- adds a nordic  grain mill
BAKERY PLUS-adds many foods to the bakeries including pies and cakes. these bakery mods together allow the use of different grains for flour,bread from flour only,cornbread,etc. even rice can be used. mod order can be used to adjust outputs.

MINI BUILDINGS-very handy at start since the buildings are small and cheap. the townhall will attract nomads without needing a trading post.
NMT 2.04-this brings a ton of options. yes it is a 1.06 mod but it works without issue with the compatability mods added.
FLYFISHING,QUICK HUNTER-with these you can work without needing a buildingor dock.handy at starts.flyfisher does give trout not fish.
BRAD'S SMOKE SHED-tiny shed to smoke meats.
KID'S BAKERY AND GARDEN-adds greenhouses for a variety of crops.no fertilizer required. works as a cropfield but all year.
CC TROPICAL GREENHOUSES-uses bonemeal surplus to produce different fruits or vegetables.
MY PRECIOUS,MARBLE QUARRY,and STATUE PLUS-together add gold,silver,gems,etc and many decorative statues.the coins are used in a few places including the NFT fort parts.

DOMESTIC ANIMAL FIX-a CC mod ,without it there was too many DA's all over the map.
1.07 COmpataility- fixes issues of the new limit flags with older mods. EVEN WITHOUT CC,YOU WANT THIS MOD.better safe than sorry.
CC JOURNEY 1.75-brings with all the previous CC versions in 1.this mod is like anothjer game added to the 1 you have.
CC COMPATABILITY BUILDINGS-allows the use of older mods with newer mods.fixes issues where both buildings have a simialar name.
NOTE THOSE 3 MODS MUST BE IN THAT ORDER TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY.the 2 compatabilty mods should work and help without CC.

FOUNTAIN LITE-adds a stone and iron gatherer,different buildings.some decorations.

RED'S MOD'S:
ADRIANA LIBRARY-a happiness building that isn't a church.
KETCHUP-tomato processor,WOOD BUTCHER-processes more types of meats including duck and bison,
RK TRAINING CAMP MAIN and DECO-adds the training camp walls and watch tower and fur tailor,
COUNTRY HOUSE-adds a modular house and storages
GARDEN WALLS UTILITY-adds the famous fodder and perfume meadow.

KID'S MODS:
COLONIAL HOUSING and RESOURCES-adds KID's colonial mod,FORREST OUTPOST-smaller versions of the forest buildings with more added.
LOG DEPOT-log market,YARD COVER-variety of coverings for piles and workshops,WILDWEST-a town with a neat way of adding buildings that function as houses with several working buildings as well.
ROWHOUSING and BUSINESS-adds the rowhouse mod.the blacksmith of this produces muskets for the NFT fort. the office TH can be placed more than once.handy to organize mining and production towns.

WORKPLACE-several mini options of processors.VEGETABLE GARDEN-gives the seeds on non-medium starts,
PLIMOUTH PLANTATION and HARMONIZED-2 differetn textures of older colonial-styled buildings.
MARKET PUZZLE-set of small markets.due to toolbar placement mine is still 1.06.handy to keep workplaces supplied with items.
MARKET BBQ and SOUP-2 food kitchens,TINY MOD-small mine and quarry,as well as a few other additions.HOUSEBOAT,STORAGE CARTS,

SOAPAIRY-makes herbal soap. does not seem to require beeswax to function.a handy trade item though.

TOM'S NORDIC MODS:some require roof tiles but not all
RED COTTAGE,WHAREHOUSE-will store stone and other materials,SCHOOL- 2part nordic school,WOODEN HOUSE,HOUSE-yes 2 different mods,this adds a smaller red school,no tiles required.ITZBA-a nordic wood cabin-styled house.CHICKEN COOP,

DS stone hovels-stone and grass roofed houses,no thatch required

NECORA MODS:
EMPTY SQUARE-invisible space to stop regrowth. handy for lawns or towns to stop trees and shrubs.
MARITIME STORAGE-adds some storage options to the pine mod,these will store new items flags.handy for forests and thatch meadows.
SHERBROOKE VILLAGE-adds colorful housing and workplace buildings.adds lumber as well.
MARITIME RIFFLE-brings terraform functions to add streams,waterfalls,or water disturbances.make a pond or add graphics near watermills
CRYSTAL CLIFFS-adds goats,rabbits,and cow or chicken barns.feed with corn.

EB's MODS:
MARKETS and FARMSTAND-adds a set of 1.07 flagged markets,this saves thatch filing the main work pile.helps move the items closer to workplaces also.
WINERY,OILPRESS,TANNERY and LEATHERWORKS- cure leather and produce saddles.
FARMHOUSE vers101 and 107-adds western styled housing with long porches.compliments KID's WILD WEST mod.HERBALIST-similar styled.
IRRIGATION SYSTEMS natural,17004,AND DECO ADDON-several options to move and supply water.
MATERIAL WHAREHOUSE-a market that holds 1.07 items.

below this are mods with no conflicts.they do not show red.
DEBUG-gives some abilities to quick test mods,change  populations,add seeds,etc.ONESTOP MINING-a mine that produces stone,coal,and iron at once.
TOWN ARRIVAL NOMADS-disabled,lets the Cc town arrival boat landing to bring nomads.ADRIANA'S COLLEGE-RED's large stone college school
BETTER SCHOOLS-suppose to increase the school capacity.note:may work with vanilla non-modded schools only.
BIRCH CANOE-indian dugout canoe decoration,CITY ROADS-street and sidewalks,DECORATIVE PLANTS-adds roses and other colorful shrubs and flowers.
EMPORIUM- a woodland market with a large storage capacity.FRUIT & VEGGY BARN-huge capacity vanilla-looking storage. does not require thatch.
GAYHEAD LIGHTHOUSE-upgraded to b multi-placeable.functions as a house.
GRASSY ROADS-gives several options to roads including grass,pasture,verdant plains,swamps, for decorative uses.used to widen dirt or stone roads,they stop regrowth.handy to see through forests.

I SEE FIRE-bonfires and torches.MORE STONE per rock,NEW TREES-not ghosted.adds lilacs and some other colorful flowers and trees.
OLD HUNTER HUT-splits the vanilla hunter making 1 half a residence.PLYMOUTH HOUSE,PROPER TIME 1.1-age mod,bannies mature at 1-1 year,school age  approximately 6-16,marry and childbearing after.also allows older bannies to about 80+,
SLINK'S SMALL MARKETS-full set of market buildings to store items including industrial<stone and logs>,farmer mkt,general mkt, and individual foods,etc
yes 1.06 items but very handy.
SLINK'S SNUGHOUSES-small hut houses,
SPECIALIZED MARKETS-a general market store and a industrial market square.handy for production areas.
STORAGE SHED,WASHING MOD-clotheslines and washing tubs.WHITE PICKET FENCE,z-crop masher-produces a mash of mixed foods.doesn't require food

that is a huge list.hopefully it will give some new players more ideas.

brads3

O'K, VICKS:
GOAL : to build a huge capital city and accept all nomads excluding RED's lighthouse<since i like building it for merchants to find my ports>. we will need a production area for the needed materials along the main river.east of the river,i can place foresters to supply the logs and firewood.any streams that we run into to the west will be terraformed flat.i haven't decided on the center lake yet.from the start point,i am going to run a road north-south. to the east of it will be farms and the city to the west.

map: Vicks.329747916,CC flat plains,large,harsh,disasters off,vagrants which gives a boardinghouse and huge stockpile and 5 families.

since we have greenhouses and have built several settlements already,we do have all seeds,orchards,and animals available.we will still need to trade for livestock however.if we get overstocked on anything,we can use traders to ship goods away as well.

1 thing i do before i unpause and start the map,is reset some of the resource limits. i change the herbs to 1000,firewood to 500,increase the logs to 2000, and bump the tools and clothing up a click.on this map i did have to up the stone as well since it is already maxed.as i go along and build houses and production buildings i will continue to adjust those.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YEAR 1
      i did locate a herd of deer for 1 quickhunter.the builder will work on a mini TH,woodcutter,and 2 workshops.the laborers have land to clear for 3 7x greenhouses.by late spring we have the 3 greenhouses finished. barley,peas,and strawberries are being produced. the workers can clear land for some roads.the builder is caught up by summer. 1 shop is working on leather coats,the other is making stone tools.this will conserve our iron and iron ore.while we use the year to build supplies and food,we build a small red barn.to avoid filling the main pile with firewood,2 of KID's sheds are built.
  since the deer herds are small and spread out,we send out a 2nd hunter.we move the quickhunters with the deer herds.

brads3

YEAR 2

while the bannies are busy trying to build supplies up, i debate the center lake. i could use the lasnd for a meadow of thatch and fodder.a main road south of the starting point barracks would run through the lake.at the same time it is a large area to terraform.i also dislike terraforming the lake square.i finally decided to split the lake into smaller lakes and flatten most of it.this will give us a nice meadow in the middle.for now it leaves a rocky texture. if the thatch and fodder don't correct it,i do have ghosted  spaces to make it look better.
   going into year 2,we need to build food reserves. to speed up the greenhouses,we build 2 plymouth houses so the workers don't have to walk so far.we also start to clear south of the barracks for a main east-west road.before we build more houses, we build a mini fishing pier.then we begin work on wildwest housing. this will give us a land claims and post office.the laborers begin stocking materials for a pineapple hothouse and another barn.we leave 1 family in the boardinghouse to prevent nomads showing up until we can get more food stored.a cemetary is built as well.

PIC 1: terraformed lake
pic 2:wildwest housing

brads3

YEAR 3

now we expand and build the undertaker next to the cemetary.we will also add a school now that our population is growing.to keep everyone healthy we start on a medical clinic and herb garden next.we increase our tool,clothing,and firewood outputs and our food limit.deer seem to like the flat meadow area between the ponds. moving the quickhunters around has paid off well. there is over 3000 venison stored.

pic 1: undertaker cemetary
pic 2:med clinic and herb grower

brads3

YEAR 4-5

while the bannies are busy clearing land to build the stockpile up,7 nomads arrive.1 becomes our doctor.part of these will work on food.several will work on planting the new meadow.a thatcher and fodder with storage is planned. RED's tower hunter is built to keep watch so the animals don't tear it up.a tomato GH is added and a cornfield is cleared.

pic 1: fodder meadow
pic 2: meadow 2-thatch
pic 3: tomato greenhouse

RedKetchup

grass patches doesnt look the same on this brown ground to compare green ground. their yellow/olive  colors are made to make a seperation with the green ground, while this brown ground would have needed a more green color for the 3D grass
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

fixed it. had to paint 1the ground 1 square at a time.does look better now.

brads3

YEAR 6-7

with the food over 5000,we will build another house to empty the boardinghouse.the workers will work at clearing a 15x15 orchard and extending the road east.
     while i wait for nomads or graduates,i start painting the ground for the fodder meadow.

pic 1:cleared orchard
pic 2:painting meadow ground
pic 3: planted greenhouses
pic 4: small ww houses

RedKetchup

brads3

RedKetchup

^^ doesnt look good. not your fault though !!

;D

brads3

some of it might be. i tried using 2 different textures. i used verdant plain under the fodder and thatch and i tried using pastured for around those 2 ponds.the pastured squares loo strange. the verdants aren't as bad. i blended the western edge with the pastured and then stopped using it.these decor squares are ghosted so i can build on them later and the fodder will grow through them too. it was tedious to paint such a big area 1 square at a time with the game running.it didn't work trying to pause it.good thing with them is the snow covers them evenly so we don't see edges of each square.

brads3

YEAR 8-9

we build a country store to give the start village a market.now that we have a some fodder stored,we will build a horse stable. to supply water we add EB's irrigation water pump and resevoir. it took time,but i did get the main part of the meadow painted.

pic 1: country store
pic 2: horse stable
pic 3: eb well
pic 4: painted thatch meadow

RedKetchup

maybe you just need to finish to paint everything left ouside the circles. probably the circled frontiers is stressing the look it has overall

but this game never handled well the terraforming cause it never replaces the ground texture.