News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Posted! Chapter One of my first Fanfic Story!

Started by solarscreen, May 10, 2014, 02:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

Figured out how to setup the fanfic section and got my first chapter posted.

Hopefully we will see more activity there as others find it.

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Kaldir

In what way is this off-topic?  :P

Nice btw, I'll go and read it later, when I got some more time.

solarscreen

IDK, I'll have to move this post when I get a minute into the General Discussion board I guess!

Rezulm

That's an interesting way to set it up...  I figured it would just be a forum with its own section.

By the way thanks for hosting this board.  I kinda miss the days when I did stuff like this more often.  (webhosting)

solarscreen

It's designed for writing specifically.  I like it and the many other features that can be added to this forum!

solarscreen

Oh, and let me say I am no writer but I'm trying to tempt Boris_amj to come over and start writing some good material!

8)

Rezulm

Is there a way to make it stand out more?  I tend not to look at that list up top unless I'm specifically looking for something, usually a menu type command for the board (like Logout or Profile). 

It'd be cool if it could be moved to the next line and maybe a bit larger text than the other stuff.  Or even an image link.

Edit:  If I just came here not knowing you were setting up a fanfic section or reading  your thread about it I'd have not noticed it for some time probably.

solarscreen

Good point, I will see what I can do to make that more obvious to those not looking.

salamander

Quote from: solarscreen on May 10, 2014, 04:19:11 PM
Oh, and let me say I am no writer but I'm trying to tempt Boris_amj to come over ...

No offense to solarscreen's writing, I liked what he posted, but you gotta find out what Boris_amj's favorite snack is -- send him a case as a bribe.  His stories would be a great addition to this area.

solarscreen

Quote from: salamander on May 12, 2014, 06:37:18 PM
Quote from: solarscreen on May 10, 2014, 04:19:11 PM
Oh, and let me say I am no writer but I'm trying to tempt Boris_amj to come over ...

No offense to solarscreen's writing, I liked what he posted, but you gotta find out what Boris_amj's favorite snack is -- send him a case as a bribe.  His stories would be a great addition to this area.

Hey, I agree, I'm just writing a placeholder until we can get some real writers in here!

Boris_amj

Hey, guys.

After the £1,000,000 bribe I received from solarscreen, I thought I'd better show my face in here.
(Just kidding, it was just a jar of cookies).

Anyway, I will be steadily porting my stories from the other forums.
I do hope to see other people's too (I am looking at you, slink).

slink

salamander

Yah, you.  If you have a riverboat, you might as well use.  :)