News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Prince Edward Island Shore Fisheries V105

Started by Necora, February 16, 2017, 02:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

Maritimes Prince Edward Island Shore Fisheries - Version 105 (May 16th 2017).

Download it here!

Alternative Download Link for Version 105

Dropbox doesn't work for you? Download it from Google Drive here!

Maritimes PEI Shore V105 String Table

PEI Shore String Table
Necora Toolbar String Table

Maritimes Production and Build Costs Spread Sheet

Note - this is a one stop maritimes shop for all of the information on build costs, production stats, and vital stats of all buildings in the maritimes collection.
It is a work in progress (there is a lot of information to add to it!) so bear with me while I add things as I go. Some resources/buildings might be absent, and I will try to get to them as I can.
If there is something specific you need to know, let me know. Or, if you want to add it yourself, I can share with you the relevant files for you to get that information from and put it into the spreadsheet.

Maritimes Vital Stats

Current Compatibility Issues

• Other Maritimes Mods - While I am updating the maritimes collection, there might be compatibility issues between individual mods of the collection until they are all up to date. For best practices, make sure that the most recent Maritimes Mods are above the older ones. In this case, anything released before May 1st 2017 should be placed below any mods released after this date.

PEIShore - Version 105 Change Log - May 16th 2017

Core Files Update - All core files - All core files have been updated to the latest version to prevent possible compatibility issues.

Texture Files Update - All texture files - All texture files have been given the prefix 'NEC' to avoid compatibility issues, and have also been optimized for reduced file size and increased performance.

Raw Materials - All raw materials - All raw materials (oyster, mussel, seaweed, clam, scallop) have been re-modeled and re-textured, and given new sprites to make them all look better and maintain continuity between maritimes sets.

Balancing - Shore fisheries - The high/low create values have been changed for all foods, making them all the same.

Trade Post and Boats - PEI trade post - The code for the PEI trade post has been updated to include an auto purchase for all new flags and to make sure it accepts all flags. The trade post will now attract the following merchants...
  • Industrial Merchant - Wood | Stone | Iron | Fuel | Minerals | Forged | Industrial | Materials | Construction;
  • Food Merchant - Edible | Fruit | Grain | Protein | Vegetable;
  • Goods Merchant - Tool | Health | Textile | Clothing | Alcohol | Crafted | Fabrics | Precious | Misc;
  • Farming Merchant - Orchard seeds, Crop seeds, Livestock.
All merchants accept all goods for trade, including food.

RedKetchup

awesome Necora !!! thats looks beautiful !

congratulations for this nicely done mod :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

Thanks @RedKetchup! I'm happy to bring them over here, I was waiting for the main mod to be more 'complete' as I've been putting it together piece by piece lately, but the new tool bar scraps that! Now I can release individual sets, which is awesome.

A little introduction to the Maritimes Collection...

I have been developing this mod over at the Black Liquid site for quite some time now (since December 2016). You can see the whole development, from crude beginnings, here http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/420-maritimes-edition/

I started this mod because I had ideas, lots of ideas. Instead of spamming other developers with them, I decided to give it a go and see if I could do them myself. I have to thank @Discrepancy for the awesome introduction to modding with blender tutorial, definitely a must read for anyone looking to start modding.

The mod was created with a couple of ideas in mind...

1) The lack of Canadian content! I'm not Canadian, but I have been living in Nova Scotia for a few years now. In that time, I've come to appreciate colonial history of N. America in general, but also the Canadian side which is less well known (at least back in the U.K.) yet, for example, the first wheat field and grist mill in North America was in the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia. So I'm using small colonial towns around the Maritimes Provinces (Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick) as inspiration for this collection.

2) More colonial stuff in general! And small town stuff. I love @kid1293 's colonial town, love it. So I wanted more!

3) Fisheries and docks. Growing up in port towns all my life (Portsmouth, Plymouth, and Padstow in the U.K.) I have a fondness for docks and fisheries, they are always the center of my city building games. So I wanted to expand upon this, and will be adding new production lines revolving around fisheries and ship building. Also, one of the main draws for settlers to the Maritimes is the abundance of marine fisheries, lobsters are still the mainstay of a lot of small towns both commercially and culturally. I wanted to expand this in game so it will be a central theme to additional sets.

4) Having said that, lumber and forestry items are crucial in this environment, so I've started to develop a 'Pine Set' to go along side these mods, which will add some new resource chains and supplement/feed into the dock sets. This started off as a small forestry community to produce lumber and pitch etc., but after making a few buildings I figured well, I may as well do the rest and fill it out! So now it has evolved into a small town forestry mod with small variants of vanilla buildings (blacksmiths, churches, schools, houses etc.) with a dash of new content (looms, spinners, lumber cutters, pitch kilns....) which will hopefully come here soon.

Cheers and enjoy!

Necora

A note about placement...

These buildings were designed to be used with a dock set of some sort. However, I packaged them up separately to allow for upgrades to each one easier (so you don't have to download the whole lot if I decide to add a bridge or something) and also so you can use them with other dock pieces if you want.

If you don't use any other docks, you need to make sure the buildings are placed on the shore like so. See the attached screen shots...

Necora

And following on from the last post, if you want to use them with a dock set, again, place the docks in front of the building to allow access. See the attached screen shot...

QueryEverything

I love this set and for those that haven't seen the other thread on the BL forum, I'm very active over there.

@Necora has done an amazing job with this, the skill is excellent, the concept fantastic, and the playability is definitely worth adding this to your mod collection!!  I won't run Banished without the mods by @Necora (and more, but this is about Necora :D )

I can't wait to see the updated package, but I can't whilst I have the full Maritimes collection running, so ...  patient, patient, patient is me :D

I do secretly hold the hope that one day we will have something to place at the lower level of the stairs ...  no pressure :)  hehe.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Necora

Thanks! And I appreciate your feedback throughout it has been so valuable.

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 16, 2017, 07:53:34 PM
I do secretly hold the hope that one day we will have something to place at the lower level of the stairs ...  no pressure :)  hehe.

It's funny you should say that. The reason I decided to put all dock pieces independent (Dock Set, PEI, NS, Offshore) is because I wanted to leave them open for updates. One thing I was thinking of doing was adding the lower level or two (the storage are a different lower level to the stairs there) but have not yet thought of the right thing. Perhaps just some decorations and things, but if I can think of some good buildings for it I will add them. 

QueryEverything

Quote from: Necora on February 16, 2017, 08:41:54 PM
Thanks! And I appreciate your feedback throughout it has been so valuable.

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 16, 2017, 07:53:34 PM

It's funny you should say that. The reason I decided to put all dock pieces independent (Dock Set, PEI, NS, Offshore) is because I wanted to leave them open for updates. One thing I was thinking of doing was adding the lower level or two (the storage are a different lower level to the stairs there) but have not yet thought of the right thing. Perhaps just some decorations and things, but if I can think of some good buildings for it I will add them. 

Glad I was helpful, certainly worth the hours you have put in :)

Sounds good.  Even have a "swimming hole", a piece of dock with deck chairs, an umbrella or 2, generates happiness.
Fishing spot, 1 or 2 people, chairs etc, hand lines (not fishing lines).
row boat access (decorative pieces), lots of little bits n pieces.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

taniu

TheOtherMicheal

Perhaps a boathouse? It could provide happiness like the lighthouse or it could be another food production building perhaps?
Examples: -

The boathouse at Warwick Castle, UK... before they accidentally set fire to the thatch roof when a trebuchet demonstration went awry (in April 2015)

The Victorian era boathouse Trevano, Cornwall, UK

Boathouse at Scotney Castle, UK

Tom Sawyer

Congratulations on your first mod @Necora. And even a whole set... wow! I like this idea of making typical regional buildings. It's not essential for the game but very interesting to create and to play with. From colonial architecture or Canada I have no idea but it looks cool on my map. At my first glance I noticed missing icons in the mod list. I want to test it in the North and add it to recommended mods if you don't mind.

And thanks to @Discrepancy for the Blender tutorial. It really attracts new talented modders to the World of Banished. That's great!

Nilla

Very nice looking mod. But it causes more trouble. How to find time to test all these new fantastic things. ;)

Necora

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on February 17, 2017, 02:09:54 AM
Congratulations on your first mod @Necora. And even a whole set... wow! I like this idea of making typical regional buildings. It's not essential for the game but very interesting to create and to play with. From colonial architecture or Canada I have no idea but it looks cool on my map. At my first glance I noticed missing icons in the mod list. I want to test it in the North and add it to recommended mods if you don't mind.

And thanks to @Discrepancy for the Blender tutorial. It really attracts new talented modders to the World of Banished. That's great!

Thanks! Yeah, totally forgot about the icon... It used to be one mod so I just used the maple leaf, forgot I have to think up icons for each little set now! Icons are never my strong point.

And for sure, I doubt there will be any conflicts with the north, this doesn't change anything about the game play, or at least it shouldn't.

@TheOtherMicheal I do have a boat builder coming up, but it is not sunk, although that would be a good idea. Maybe I'll make it into the middle level, same as the storage units. I'd like to add height variation to this. I do like the Scotney Castle boat shed, and also the Cornish one (spent a lot of time in Cornwall) so I will see how I can adapt them to the set, as a decorative/happiness piece.

@Nilla that is a problem I'm glad to give you!

RedKetchup

since it is a 1.0.7 mod... i moved it to the Discussions 1.0.7 :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .