News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining Advanced - v1.2 (updated 22May2017)

Started by Discrepancy, May 15, 2017, 03:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Available in two mod options:
Normal or Advanced

This is:
Advanced – v1.2  – DSBlastFurnaceAdv.pkm  UPDATED 22May2017

Made for games played with The North.

Adjusted Coal resource production numbers (24-32 Coal per work cycle) matching The North.
   Iron Ore production: 9-12, also Iron: 3-4, all the same as The North.
   Some mines have a constant life-cycle cost, are also upgradeable for further production,
      eventually this will require 'Candles', these can be bought from the Trader,
      or can be made by a Chandler/Candle Maker if using another mod.
   The Coke Ovens will process the Coal into Coke at a rate of 4 Coal in for 3-4 Coke,
   Coke/Charcoal/Iron is flagged as a Materials, same as The North. Coal is flagged as a Fuel.
   The Blast Furnace will require 4 Iron Ore + 2 Coke/ or 2 Charcoal to produce 3-4 Iron.

QuoteAvailable in two mod options:
Advanced or Normal - available from here.

Both versions include:
Blast Furnace, a large production smelter for turning Iron Ore into Iron.
Small Iron Ore Mine, a small upgradeable mountain mine extracting Iron Ore only.
Coal Bell Pit, a small production coal mine, easy to build on flat ground, extracting Coal only.
Battery Coke Ovens, modular construction for processing Coal into Coke.
Rail Cart Storage, 2 options to build small mining rail carts to match RK's Choo Choo mod.
Thudd Surrel & family Industry buildings, matching production & storage:
Industry Mine, a large production mountain mine, extracts Coal or Iron Ore.
Industry Market, large market for all mining, industrial & construction resources.
Industry Storage, a storage barn for all mining, industrial & construction resources.
Storage Barrels & Boxes & Crates

Decorative: Small  Iron Ore Mine Entry, Rail Carts, Barrels, Boxes, Crates.

Download:
- Download from here the latest version
       (follow onscreen prompts, you will be taken to mega.nz site to download file, click 'Download through your browser' progress will be shown on page, you will be prompted to save the file when complete).
- Once downloaded, extract the contents of 'DSBlastFurnaceAdv_v1.2_22052017.rar' (.rar size = 10.9MB/11,169KB)
- Place the file 'DSBlastFurnaceAdv.pkm' (.pkm size = 24.6MB/25,227KB) inside your 'Banished/WinData' folder.
- Enable the mod in the mod screen list on main & pause screen menus.
- It is suggested to place this mod below The North.

Change Log:
DSBlastFurnaceAdv.pkm

v1.2  --  22052017
         - Changes to Blast Furnace:
            - increased rate of production (now work time=8/required=5).
            - increased number of use & create points (now 12) and total number of blacksmiths up to 10.
            - fixed wrong resource limit associated with Blast Furnace.

v1.1  --  18052017
            - better compatibility with The North mod.
            - fixed incorrect limit spinners on buildings.
            - added second railway cart option like normal version.
            - updated carts for Adv. version - one holds Materials (CoalFuel), the other (Fuel).
            - allowed Industry Storage barn to hold more flags (CoalFuel & Fuel).
            - UI & string text improvements.
            - increased total size of Industry Mine to 84000.
            - Added inventory to Small Iron Ore & industry Mines to show input of logs.

v1.0  --  15052017
            - initial release.

Discrepancy

version 1.0 is now live.

testing has been limited,

the Advanced version can be used on Banished v1.0.6 or newer.

It is also recommended to play with The North for the matching Iron Ore industry.

This mod does not alter the natural resource of iron.

I'd appreciate ideas and suggestions on balancing.

**currently my candle maker in DSSV: Production is making the wrong kind of candles to be compatible with this mod & CC/MM, candles will need to be bought from traders.

Maldrick

Very excited to play with this!

I've had to AFK due to some RL stuff this past week but I'll be back in-game in the next day or two.  Hopefully have some feedback for you, shortly after.

Thank you!
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

elemental

Great to see this one released.

So the normal version is CC compatible and advanced is North compatible. Is the advanced version also CC compatible (and should it be placed above or below?) or is it totally incompatible with CC? Apart from compatibility with CC and The North, is there any particular reason to pick one version over the other?

Also, are the train tracks included or do we need Choo Choo for those?

Discrepancy

Quote from: elemental on May 15, 2017, 04:22:04 AM
So the normal version is CC compatible and advanced is North compatible. Is the advanced version also CC compatible (and should it be placed above or below?) or is it totally incompatible with CC? Apart from compatibility with CC and The North, is there any particular reason to pick one version over the other?

I suppose the advanced version is compatible with CC. though if loaded above it would alter the production outputs of the iron ore, coal, iron, etc. If you want try it. But the normal version is still better for CC.

Quote from: elemental
Also, are the train tracks included or do we need Choo Choo for those?

No, you will need RK's Choo Choo mod. there was no point in me making/releasing the same thing when RK's mod is compatible.

Abandoned

@Discrepancy very nice for the North & 1.0.6.  If you are still thinking of a deco version with tunnel & carts, could you add at least a piece of straight track to it so not to always have to use choo choo, please?   :)

Is this save game compatible?

RedKetchup

i personally dont care @Discrepancy  if you want to release tracks from choochoo as a stand alone deco
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Quote from: Abandoned on May 15, 2017, 06:52:46 AM
@Discrepancy very nice for the North & 1.0.6.  If you are still thinking of a deco version with tunnel & carts, could you add at least a piece of straight track to it so not to always have to use choo choo, please?   :)

I'd have to agree that self-contained mods are better. I don't use Choo Choo (but I will if I have to) but at the very least it would be nice to have all the track pieces in your menu along with the carts. Just put a credit in the pop-up description "Tracks made by RK" or something like that. But of course adding them in is more work, so I understand if you don't want to add the tracks to your mod.

Tom Sawyer

This has become a great set. I tried it in game and it looks amazing. The version made to play in the North doesn't really fit in the limits. Coal is actually a Fuel there, ore follows the ore limit which is Iron technically and metals as well as charcoal and coke are materials (CoalFuel). But ok, it's a 1.0.6 flagging and with new flags it will fit better. I hope we will get the update to 1.0.7 soon.

Nilla

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 16, 2017, 01:26:33 PM
This has become a great set. I tried it in game and it looks amazing. The version made to play in the North doesn't really fit in the limits. Coal is actually a Fuel there, ore follows the ore limit which is Iron technically and metals as well as charcoal and coke are materials (CoalFuel). But ok, it's a 1.0.6 flagging and with new flags it will fit better. I hope we will get the update to 1.0.7 soon.

Does this mean, that they don't work together?

I've just started a new game, where I wanted to test this mod in the North.

QueryEverything

Hi @Discrepancy I decided to take this little gem on a whirlwind test tonight and I found a couple of things, seems to be about my load order, due to the little icon/sprite missing, as the items do work, when clicked on them.

I've attached a couple of screenshots. 

When I place the Blast Furnace at the top, over the storage mods, then it all works fine. 
It seems to be the DS Small Village - Storage mod which is the one with the conflict.
When I disable the mod, or put it below the Blast Furnace, it all works correctly.

No problem in doing this, but if there are others having the same problem it may be worth a note in the download pages.
I have not attempted this on the "Advanced" as I don't run Tom's "The North".
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

@QueryEverything , thanks for that.

I am aware of the issue.

As I was finishing the blast furnace, I realised that I still hadn't made my base community menu big enough... I hadn't included enough generic menu buttons.
So I added more, and this is what causes the empty menu buttons when any other DS mod that isn't DS Blast Furnace or DSSV Production beta3 is loaded above.

So load orders should be:

DSSmallVillageProduction.pkm
DSBlastFurnace.pkm
...all other DSprefix mods

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 16, 2017, 01:26:33 PM
Thanks.
Yes I realised that once I loaded it up with the north... I had completely forgotten about that, and was too impatient the other day to work out which limit was which and adjust everything.

@Nilla , I will try to put up an update within the next day.

QueryEverything

No problem @Discrepancy
It most likely won't be noticed by most players if they put the most recent on top, I just happened to have my storage collection higher :) 

BTW - Love how the mod looks ingame :)  I have a lovely mining area being setup :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

UPDATED -- v1.1

This update fixes issues to increase the compatibility with The North.

These changes were only required for the Advanced version, there is no plan to update the Normal version.

Change Log:
v1.1  --  18052017
            - better compatibility with The North mod.
            - fixed incorrect limit spinners on buildings.
            - added second railway cart option like normal version.
            - updated carts for Adv. version - one holds Materials (CoalFuel), the other (Fuel).
            - allowed Industry Storage barn to hold more flags (CoalFuel & Fuel).
            - UI & string text improvements.
            - increased total size of Industry Mine to 84000.
            - Added inventory to Small Iron Ore & industry Mines to show input of logs.

Nilla

Thank you, I will try it and I´ll let you know how it works.