News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

assobanana76: New Las Vegans

Started by assobanana76, January 08, 2015, 04:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

Quote from: rkelly17 on February 04, 2015, 09:16:09 AM
@assobanana76, I do like the idea of irrigation canal--I spent part of my growing up in Southern California deserts where such canals were everywhere in agricultural areas. Since they date back to at least ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt they fit in any time period. A tunnel effect under roads would look good. I suspect that the hard part would be making it actually do something--like add to the productivity of fields. A nice pump house at the river (water or wind driven) could lift the water into the canal and then valves could regulate how much went into fields and orchards. But the problem is still to make it do something once it gets there.
then you, like me, you'll love this WIP ..
http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/tavern/900-irrigation-canal-wip
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

some idieas..

in every house 2nd floor can be there a single stall and one dry stockpile of firewood!
reduces the time for daily shopping !!

and dry stockpile of firewood!

new market (12x12) with irrigation canal (waiting mod WIP)
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

http://banishedmaps.net/maps/bulk/Small_Valleys_175.jpg
i decided!
will be a city "square"!
in particular square of 12x12 (such as vanilla market and the CC:EA market) ..
various markets (at least 4) diagonally!
crops / orchards will form a double "L" which shall be enclosed in a square.
production buildings in square near their crops in the production chain, residential buildings along the diagonal of the markets.
buildings "government" more or less in the center.
buildings "polluting" beyond the main river, away from the town.
hip me to decide only the cemetery but I space near the lake that I will not use for anything ..

I will have to work a little bit more on customized markets..
move something because the final image I still like a lot ..
but roughly these are two of the four markets ..
these two and then to follow, diagonally, the vanilla and the CC to close ..
interspersed with fountains and a small grove ..

what do u think?

Nilla

Nice idea.

These gray floor looks a bit like concrete to me, I would prefere a more stone-like pattern But theta's my taste. Your town should fityour taste.

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on February 10, 2015, 03:34:02 AM
Nice idea.

These gray floor looks a bit like concrete to me, I would prefere a more stone-like pattern But theta's my taste. Your town should fityour taste.
I think you're right and I will use the vanilla road stone!
initially only for areas 12x12 market, then all the streets of the city center .. leaving the dirt roads between crops / orchards.

assobanana76

below summarized some ideas in my head for the future "Las Vegans".
I will begin again from 0 when just Red finishes his Medieval Mod!

assobanana76

other ideas..

paralias

very nice alternative use of redketchups houses.both the market and the one over the stream

assobanana76

other ideas.. Farmhouses WIP!
thanks Bobbi for inspiration!

OldnRetired

Assobanana - Can you share with us all the mods you are using for "Las Vegan" ?

assobanana76

Quote from: OldnRetired on March 14, 2015, 03:55:45 PM
Assobanana - Can you share with us all the mods you are using for "Las Vegan" ?
first of all, a tip .. if you want to make a mention, is the right shape @ assobanana76

then, of course, I use the vanilla game (except hunting cabin, fishing dock and pasture).
then use the "Tree of Life" by Darkbibou, making grazing animals like wild animals that roam free at last to the map.
then use "Colonial Charters: Excellent Adventure" that creates crops of cotton and flax, which are then woven clothes vegans.
and to finish the gem of RedKetchup: the "vegan scarecrow"!  ;D
I can not think of anything else ... but I might have missed something .. I currently use 25 mods !!  :o

OldnRetired

Sorry for the error in your ID - I don't post a lot so I make mistakes.   :-[
I thank you for the info on the mods that you are using for your Las Vegans. I want to try building without killing and wanted to know how you do it. I guess that's why I love city-builder games .... no killing!
I hope RedKetchup's "vegan scarecrow" has cloth from cotton or flax!   ;D

assobanana76

Quote from: OldnRetired on March 16, 2015, 11:59:22 AM
Sorry for the error in your ID - I don't post a lot so I make mistakes.   :-[
I thank you for the info on the mods that you are using for your Las Vegans. I want to try building without killing and wanted to know how you do it. I guess that's why I love city-builder games .... no killing!
I hope RedKetchup's "vegan scarecrow" has cloth from cotton or flax!   ;D

the vegan scarecrow (u find it in post "Hide items") is made with meat instead wool!
he's a genius!!  ;D

assobanana76

ok. are still in the design stage in my "Test City"..

in the urban area, dedicated only to 12x12 quarters of homes, there are five different markets diagonally! my personal suq which continues on the ground floor of Red's buildings (with its greatest pleasure!  ;D ;D)!
vanilla, CC and 3 of my invoice with individual stalls (one crossed by the canal that brings water to crops in the two areas of the map)

assobanana76

finally starts!
I could not believe it, but I finally found an hour of free time to lay the foundation stone of Las Vegans !!
I have the whole project in the head .. now I just have to test its validity!

YEAR 1:
1 Gatherer
3 dense orchards (plum)
3 crops (squash)
1 wood house
1 woodcutter

YEAR 2:
2 new medieval house (in a farmhouse)
1 medieval blacksmith (in progress)
1 trading post (in progress)
1 forester lodge (in progress)
3 wood house (in progress)

First problem: I have not collected enough stone / iron and all the buildings were locked! what a beginner !!

screenshots: