News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Forest Outpost V2 fixed

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanypredator

Looks nice :) Speaking of decorations, maybe just some clothes hanging on that beams? As in "washing" mod.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on April 26, 2017, 01:17:14 AM
Behold the new town hall!
(it's only in planning stage, but...)  :D

link the points with a line ... and you will get a nice building :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

After linking all points with lines I got this.
A Village Center.

edit - and yes, you can build two. (100% wow)

kid1293

@tanypredator - not clothes, more like towels or something.
I thought of it. But they will be there forever...

tanypredator

Quote from: kid1293 on April 26, 2017, 07:50:07 AM
After linking all points with lines I got this.
A Village Center.

edit - and yes, you can build two. (100% wow)

Nice little palace :D

They will both open the same town menu?

kid1293

You got me! I didn't test to use two of them.
I just put max=2 in the code. It was for brads3

wait....

Two sets of menus (displaying the same thing)
I don't know why brads needs two, but...

brads3

i didn't say i wanted 2 of these TH's.this is the 1st i saw them even.i do use the rowhose TH's that way though.they make a good looking supervisor office in production areas. we did have this discussion the other day. the debate about how  the minimized TH still slows comps down. when you are in a mining town or large production town,it is a good reference to see what stock you have to process. in CC we have so many options and materials.

Abandoned

Is something being added to set to attract nomads?

kid1293

@Abandoned - no nomads yet, maybe later.
Something special in mind?

Turis

I would say docks, stables or wagons.

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on April 26, 2017, 07:56:04 AM
@tanypredator - not clothes, more like towels or something.
I thought of it. But they will be there forever...

Sounds like my clothes line :0) hahahaha  :)

Looking good though.  Easily use 2 in my maps, 1 in the current "Forest Deep theme" and then 1 over in the other area with the Mother Tree, unless that too is getting a revamp??
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@kid1293 regarding nomads, nothing in mind really, thought maybe you had something planned.  I saw no nomad tab in the town hall that's why I asked.   I almost always use the tiny well which matches nicely with this set, but maybe a wooden wagon attracter or arrow signpost.  Town hall looks very nice and more than one might come in handy.

First thing  thought of when seeing the hospital spa is that it would fit better with the forest deep set, forest outpost I think of as being a bit more rugged for lumberjacks and woodcutter. But I would most certainly use this outpost set with the forest deep set.  I love the little bits of greenery growing on the fence, nice touch.  I would probably put a house or 2 out behind it with the washing mod.

Regarding coverings mod, if you want me to test the currant version with the storage units I would be happy to do that.  I can try to add it to the currant map.  I think it might be a long wait for Luke to update again, he maybe considering the list of requests too. We can hope  :)

kid1293

Quote from: Abandoned on April 27, 2017, 04:20:17 AM
@kid1293

First thing  thought of when seeing the hospital spa is that it would fit better with the forest deep set, forest outpost I think of as being a bit more rugged for lumberjacks and woodcutter. But I would most certainly use this outpost set with the forest deep set.  I love the little bits of greenery growing on the fence, nice touch.  I would probably put a house or 2 out behind it with the washing mod.

I have been troubled by this all day long, I don't think the new style fits the forest outpost.  :(
Does anyone else think I should move them to Forest Deep?
I can do so, it's an idea...

Or release them separate as - 'Stone Houses addon' (to whatever mod you want)  ;)
I personally think this could be the best. Suggestions?

Then I would have to do a more 'forest like' doctor and chapel.
For town hall you have the tiny one with nomad well.

It will still have the fishing spot and soon be New Flora / Natural Diversity compatible.

QueryEverything

In other news, has anyone else noticed the face??  :)

@kid1293 in all seriousness, when looking at the pic (yours, not my happily edited version), I can see where you may be concerned, and I can certainly see 2 different mods there - BUT - if it's adding too much work, then leave it as one, regardless, I'm sure we can spin a story as to how our woodsfolk grew up to be stone masons and built their maam's and pa's new houses for their retirements :)

Ok, that wasn't as serious as I wanted to sound ...  Ok ...

I can see 2 mods there, but, I am happy with just the one, if that is easier for you, in any event there is a good chance I would use them together, and I would think that the forest folk would build stone chapels, and town halls, if nothing else, but to fire proof them.  I don't remember so much history, but, I see more chapels in ruins than houses, so, it makes sense :D 

Carry on ...  ;)

ps:  Credit to Kid, that's his pic, I just happened to scribble on :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

tanypredator

Quote from: kid1293 on April 27, 2017, 05:59:15 AM
I have been troubled by this all day long, I don't think the new style fits the forest outpost.  :(
Does anyone else think I should move them to Forest Deep?
I can do so, it's an idea...

Or release them separate as - 'Stone Houses addon' (to whatever mod you want)  ;)
I personally think this could be the best. Suggestions?

Then I would have to do a more 'forest like' doctor and chapel.
For town hall you have the tiny one with nomad well.

I think that simple wooden bath-house (you know, banya ;) ) would fit best. To be honest, I had planned to make log bath-house for the Forest Outpost from my Village School model (which was made for the Forest Outpost too). Only I'm not sure, how soon I would be able to get my hands to this. Also I was thinking of such russian-specific little log church (the one on the picture is too big), but that won't be easy to make.