News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Discussions 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, February 16, 2017, 03:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

So new beta available - http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2017-03-21-1-0-7-beta-version-2/,

QuoteChanges

-This build adds an example to the mod kit so that modders can add custom resources to the auto purchase section of the Trading Post. I overlooked this in the first beta. See the Readme.html for details.
    -This build fixes a potential crash when the user interface scale is not 100% and clicking on a dialog that is over a selectable building.

also beta & modkit no longer have debug active as default.

RedKetchup

bah me i personally always use (and always ON) the debug.pkm...
so i didnt noticed ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Quote from: Discrepancy on March 22, 2017, 12:08:32 AM
So new beta available - http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2017-03-21-1-0-7-beta-version-2/,

QuoteChanges

-This build adds an example to the mod kit so that modders can add custom resources to the auto purchase section of the Trading Post. I overlooked this in the first beta. See the Readme.html for details.
    -This build fixes a potential crash when the user interface scale is not 100% and clicking on a dialog that is over a selectable building.

also beta & modkit no longer have debug active as default.

----
Oh!  This is good news indeed!  I hated this crash, it was aggressive!!!
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

Just a little input after an extended play (here) with 107 and 107-ready mods, starting with a few basics and then adding more and more as the town grew... for modular fans like me this is the coolest way to build a town, preventing me from falling back onto the same old "routines" but looking for new, or a least different ways to grow  :)

I won't look back, I have archived all my "old" mod collections, except a few overrides and such that are still needed (mostly for CC)... by now I have tried all the new versions so far released and am happy to say that they all work crash-free and really smooth. And the Community Toolbar is the best invention ever...  ;)

You already heard it, but I must repeat - the introduction of diagonal and angled pieces has brought lots of joy to Banished towns! Same for many of the ghosted items, not to mention the many new resources... So thanks again for all the hard work you put into re-releasing your mods!  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

THANKS YOU @Paeng  for your ... debriefing :)
it is really really appreciated :)

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

Wow, what an impressive list of new and updated mods.  A bit overwhelming to say the least.  Great job modders, thank you.  I have not commented on individual entries, wanting them to remain as unread until I start major downloading and trying, I'd then have a checklist as I go along.  Very impressive new mods but still love the old ones.  :)

Abandoned

Just a repeat of my last post here, I have only posted on a few threads here so far, don't want anyone to feel unappreciated or left out.  Good job, impressive new mods and combos and updates. Thank you all, looking forward to trying.   :)

Paeng

Well, I been playing about 300 years of 107 mods, in various mixes and variations... and I'm more pleased than ever  :D

At this point most everything looks pretty stable, no crashes or weird fallout... also thanks for all the work on packaging mods, in-game info (mouse hints, descriptions), bug fixing - tremendous job!

I may not say thank you every day or for every single upload, but I do hope my running blogs show my appreciation anyway  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Thank you @Paeng

It is appreciated :)

No need to say thank you for every upload.

Your blogs and screen shots are part of the reason I make mods.
It is nice to see my work mentioned in your blogs and in some of your and others their blogs/screen shots :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

you are very welcomed Master @Paeng  :)

you are our daily inspiration and motivation :)

Raven Zeroheart

Hello everyone. I was playing Banished when it's just v1.0.0 long time ago. and then I forgot when and why I stop playing it back then. few weeks ago, a friend of mine told me that Banished is still "alive" and "developing", there're mods now for the game. MODS, tbh, always pay my attention in playing games. Just "playing" them, never "creating" them, though. And now since I playing Banished again for this past few weeks with all those mods especially CC and MM. somehow, such things made me want to make my own mods, if not for published, at least for my own use. Then I started making one now, it's to edit the limit resource of the storage barn. cheat alert!! you may say that but I have my own reason for that and that's why I said if not for published, at least it's for my own use. I mean, I found it a bit annoying with the barn's limit volume, making such a big "village" will have to have barn almost everywhere, no, literary everywhere. I've been trying every kind of storage barn in CC and they're just not enough for me. I'm greedy, you see? but also I'm a minimalist at the same time. I have a little thought while playing Banished "how am I satisfy my greed but be a minimalist at the same time? the answer is Storage Barn Limit. 6000 wasn't enough for me so I increased it to 60.000. the modding works like charm, made me feel proud. the first mod in a game that I've ever made was for Banished. But sadly, when I move the mod into the main game, activate it through the MODs folder in game, start a new game. it didn't work. it works in the Kit but didn't in the main game. as a mere noob, I sincerly asking for help to all the Masters that might consern to noobs moddler such as myself . Please tell me what I'm missing to make the mod works in main game. Will be waiting for answers and thank you in advance for those who will response .

embx61

@Raven Zeroheart

It looks like you activated your mod and then started a new game?

If you start a new game you have to press Escape and in the menu select Mods.

A new game only have so called default mods activated.

Then select and activate your Mod. Then the game will restart and your mod should be activated.

Now do a save and after the save is done resume play.

Raven Zeroheart

@embx61
Already done that too. still the default volume :'(
I dunno what else to try or to say. it's a little bit frustrating, sine I've spent almost 12 hours just to understand the Kit's environment and finally able to generate a .pkm file. and all those time was wasted for nothing  :'( :'( :'(

embx61

@Raven Zeroheart

Here a tutorial from slink how to make some easy changes and how to make a PKM. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=452.0