News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Bodiam Castle

Started by child_of_air, September 07, 2018, 02:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

child_of_air

Oh, that's fine Kid! That's actually what I wanted, but I do hope some other housing can be provided before you are finished. Everything is looking so good, I'm impressed with how quickly you work. :)

kid1293

Oh yes, there will be more.
I had a free Sunday and got a lot done. Things will be a bit more pressed later.
But just hang in there and I will work some more on it. It is only half done now.

kid1293

Doesn't the middle space just scream for useful buildings?

child_of_air

Oh, very nice, and yes it does! Small buildings such as a smithy, outdoor kitchen, and a butcher would be wonderful! I'm super excited!

kid1293

Storage, smith, tailor (?), baker before butcher and first I thought a chapel but
who wants bannies idling on an island?  :D Same with herbalist, no herbs around.
Never mind just 4 places for buildings. You can pick and choose.

I will see what I can do. I take it easy now when main part is done.
BTW- Main part is working fine as hostel. :)

kid1293

:(

I just found out I will never be able to place another building inside the castle since it is over water.  :(

I, kind of, hit a wall.

Ouch...

Abandoned

hmmm  :(  There are jetty buildings that are placed on water.  Is there away to adapt that type of building to go inside castle?

RedKetchup

i think what you need to do is do a form that goes in middle of the lake that will contain the terraforming and ask players to destroy it.
and then players with all the other pieces, they can mount their bodiam castle. maybe you can god for the front and back walls, and then the side walls everything imbricating together. and then after, you can even do pieces to go in middle.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Yes, I know, RK. The puzzle variant. I do not want that.
I even tried to terraform first and build a main castle without water/deepwater
then your code for tunnel buildings did not work. I must have missed something.

I can go so far as to terraform but I do not like being forced to make a puzzle.

child_of_air

Hmmm.....well that sucks. I guess it makes sense though, given the mechanics of the game. But I'd still be happy with buildings that matched the texture you ended up using, and some castle walls. We could have the actual castle be on the water like it is in real life, but have the village on the land such as it is today. This does mimic real life, and since you don't want to do a puzzle type set, I'll still be happy with matching village pieces. Agricultural buildings would be wonderful, as the land surrounding the castle is mainly used for just that.

By the way, since Red made goats with goat milk for me, do you think you could update the goat milk buildings to use his resource? Maybe make something to go with this set?

kid1293

:) You are positive to making it only a hostel in the lake. It gladdens me.
This was a setback for me. I only want to step back and think it through.

I have tested to build it on land and I have made some progress.
You could flatten a 19x21 area in a lake and build it there if you still want it
in a lake. Later I can make that land based hostel with some extra buildings.

For now I plan to upload it as it is, on water.
I just put some deco in and a small jetty to connect it with
the lake shore and then it is up to you to find a suitable lake :)

It is a great building with a lot of potential to be the center of a village.
But, as I said, I am a little on edge with it now.

:)

child_of_air

No, I'm not positive about it, I'm just flexible. As I said before, I could go either way. I do hope you will change the texture though, to something that is more in line with the real thing.

kid1293

The only thing I can offer is to flatten 19x21 in a lake and carefully place the castle there.
There is no middle thing if you really want to build inside. And there is more...
The buildings must be placed inside castle. The bannies will walk right through them.
This is not a 'complete village' mod.

By the way -  I changed texture

kid1293

child_of_air

NOT a fan of the vanilla texture. I really dislike the vanilla textures in the game. They are too low-res I think, and boring.