News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

early settlers

Started by gerns, February 23, 2016, 08:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerns

can someone make tent like structure ,say 3x3 or 3x4 or 4x4 that would hold a family of 4 as in a house, early settlers would have used there wagon tarp as a tent when they arrived at their destination.red's log cabin would have been the 2 nd step.i would really appriate one--cc has one but its only for show

Bobbi

Over on Colonial Carter Kralyerg has some mini buildings which include a little tent. I believe it is 1x2 or 2x2. I rarely use it because it only holds family of three. Any size family can move in, but if a couple moves in they will not have more than one child.

http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/kralyergs-kave-of-krazy-kontraptions/2068-mini-buildings

gerns

the cc tents don't work----when they stated jame's town, they used extra ship sails to make tents so the only materials they needed to get was wood.like maybe 10 wood to build them for tent poles and stakes.i hope  someone can help me with this????

RedKetchup

if you want it to have common wood house as upgrade (upgrade icon) it needs to be same size as the upgrade (4x4)
what would be the material to build it ? logs ? whats about the cloth (cause it is a tent) ?
and what would be the 'heat' factor ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

does the look meet your expectations ?

DesoPL

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 24, 2016, 02:52:03 AM
does the look meet your expectations ?

You're god of banished modding!

gerns

fantastic red you are a god,the color would be tan with dirty spots as weathering i would think and the upgrade logs as in log cabin ,as far as the other thing just make them like your log cabin, which i use all the time as a beginning structure.thank you so much for this------by the way a donation will be comeing your way soon

gerns

they are perfect, RED ,you have made my day,i'm off to start a new game

RedKetchup

but i dont have log cabins

are you sure it is from me ?

the only log cabin i made so far ... is the new hunter log cabin i made lately. can you give me a picture of these log cabin you think at ?

RedKetchup

by the way for the moment i ve put :

building mats : 8 logs

energy cost : min to start heating 50.0F, fuel per resource: 50 (wood house = 50,0F , 60.0 fpr - stone house = 50.0F, 90.0 fpr)

residence : 1 family of 5 citizens (same as wood)
stockage : 600 food (woodhouse=1000)

( i will try to put a bit more effort on the tent door when i ll have time)

gerns

it's perfect ----the tent coloring would fit ships sails of the period---as in jamestown etc.--thanks again red

RedKetchup

Quote from: gerns on February 24, 2016, 09:54:25 AM
it's perfect ----the tent coloring would fit ships sails of the period---as in jamestown etc.--thanks again red

btw i made it and compiled for 1.0.4 Banished patch. should be 1.0.5 compatible though.

DesoPL

Some wooden shacks or something could be nice. Okay sorry i shut up.  :-X

Denis de la Rive

Very nice addition, your building stats are just right, thanks.  :)

Tilleen

I would have thought it would need, some sort of cloth (leather) to build and a lot worse heating requirements than a wooden house.

I know that the idea is that you have used your sails from your journey to get here, but it means that you can always build them and there is not really any reason to upgrade.

Having said that I think the design is great.