News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Choo Choo [ a Little Project ]

Started by RedKetchup, May 30, 2016, 09:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i have a question

Food Import/Export will take care of all food i.e. fruits, vegs, nuts, grains and meat...

what should taking care a Textile Import/Export ?
there are leather and wool but out of that ? there is not really anything else :P since the name is "textile" want me to put all the cloths in that ? all the coats ?

there will be a Material Import/Export for wood, stone, iron, coal.... want me to put "tools" in this one ?

whats about herbs ? what else left ? ale ? firewood ?
maybe doing one called Utility Import/Export ? and put herbs, ale, firewood, and tools ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

Very nice Mr. Red. The signs are just fine.

1. Will there be a railway water tower for the locomotive? (It can be purely decorative.)

2. I see stairs on both ends of the platform. Any chance of making variations of the design to build both continuous stations with multiple platforms in a row and also platforms separate from eachother.

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 04, 2016, 02:56:06 PM
what should taking care a Textile Import/Export ?
there are leather and wool but out of that ? there is not really anything else :P since the name is "textile" want me to put all the cloths in that ? all the coats ?

3. Sure, why not? Make it compatible with Tanny's Linen Mod as well.

there will be a Material Import/Export for wood, stone, iron, coal.... want me to put "tools" in this one ?

4. I vote no.

maybe doing one called Utility Import/Export ? and put herbs, ale, firewood, and tools ?

5. I vote yes.

(Gonna hide now behind the crates with a sack of potatoes to throw.)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on June 04, 2016, 04:40:12 PM
1. Will there be a railway water tower for the locomotive? (It can be purely decorative.)

what is the difference between the water tower in NMT and a railway one ?

2. I see stairs on both ends of the platform. Any chance of making variations of the design to build both continuous stations with multiple platforms in a row and also platforms separate from eachother.

so you want a variation with a stairway in both side, variation with a stairway in Left side, variation with a stairway in Right side, variation with no stairway,  variation with shorter platform ? and that , for each different import/export ?

3. Sure, why not? Make it compatible with Tanny's Linen Mod as well.

and why not NMT products ? CC products ?
for the moment i am trying to do it for base version, will think later for compatible versions which will make them 'red conflict' each other cause shared material.

Gatherer

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 04, 2016, 04:51:49 PM
what is the difference between the water tower in NMT and a railway one ?

Completely forgot about that one, sorry.

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 04, 2016, 04:51:49 PM
so you want a variation with a stairway in both side, variation with a stairway in Left side, variation with a stairway in Right side, variation with no stairway,  variation with shorter platform ? and that , for each different import/export ?

Guess I'm gonna need a bigger sack of potatoes.
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

but presently i am facing a VERY BIG PROBLEM with all the concept  :-X  :'(

i made all every single item being able to be 'crated' => not a problem at all. just took some time and alot of writing in my files...

if i make the crate value to 100, just need to put 100 apples or 100 cabbages, or 33 beef, 50 eggs, 10 leather, 25 firewood.... in the crate depending of value

:'(   :-X  :'(
the problem is when i try to "Unpack"

i cannot ask specifically to unpack 100 apples or 25 firewood. in fact we cannot put any numbers  :-\
the amount you get is the amount set inside the item raw material file which is also used by ... the crop, pasture, orchard.... if i change these numbers, it will also change the production of crop, orchards, blacksmith, tailor, pasture ... etc.

so i have no choice to keep the numbers as the game has been setup.

a fruit or a nut, the numbers set are :
   int _lowCreateCount = 50;
   int _highCreateCount = 65;

depending if non educated or educate and if i put 2 times the line

ComponentDescription _rawMaterial
         [
            "Template/RawMaterialWalnut.rsc"
            "Template/RawMaterialWalnut.rsc"
         ]

unpack a nut crate it will give us between 100 (non educated) to 130 (educated) pecan, walnuts, plum, pear... i still can live with that.
i am not planning to go change the orchards production to a flat 50 even if you are educated.

crops : vegetables.
   int _lowCreateCount = 20;
   int _highCreateCount = 28;

depending if non educated or educate and if i put 4 times the line

ComponentDescription _rawMaterial
         [
            "Template/RawMaterialSquash.rsc"
         ]

unpack a vegetable crate it will give us between 80 (non educated) to 112 (educated) squash, cabbage, pepper... i still can also live with that.
Do i need to plan to modify all crops and give a flat 25 vegs educated/non-educated ??

But with the meat is more a problem :( beef numbers are 160 to 200 created, venison same , mutton same , chicken = 4 to 6 , eggs = 6 to 6  :-X
i cannot ask to get half of 1 shot of beef or mutton.
and for chicken/eggs : 100 divided per 6 = i need to put 16x ( 16 times , 16 lines of in a row ) "Template\RawMaterialEgg.rsc";

and whats about things 1 to 2 created ? like cloths ? tools ? put 50 times that line ?

soooooooooooooo..........
:-X

RedKetchup

welllll....

doesnt look that the game accept my multi lines command. :( pastures accept it but not a comsume/produce building like this (or like apiary/creamery type building)
or i need @kralyerg  to explain me the syntaxe (if he succeeded to do a such thing)

RedKetchup

i maybe found a parade to this. if we exchange 5 exchange crates for like 8 fruit crates, and we unpack each crate (at 65 apples for example) we would get 65x8=520 apples
(65 is set by defaut in the raw material files for a pastures products, 50 uneducated, 65 educated)

i would need to creat a new crate for wild veg/fruit like blueberry, onion, mushroom, roots because those ones are from gatherer and the number created arent the same :
   int _lowCreateCount = 16;
   int _highCreateCount = 22;
then we need to exchange 5 exchange crate for 23 wildfood crate (at 22 roots for example) we would get 22x23=506 roots.

crop vegetable =
   int _lowCreateCount = 20;
   int _highCreateCount = 28;
then we need to exchange 5 exchange crate for 18 vegetable crate (at 28 cabbage for example) we would get 28x18=504 cabbages.

wondering what will happends in game when 50 tools crates will need to spawn suddendly near the train ?? lol

i will need to speed up the working time process to compensate the higher number of crate to process

DesoPL

Some houses and decorations to this set Red?

rkelly17

Good luck with getting this to work--it sounds complex.

Question: In the initial drawings you had tracks. Is part of the plan to have the tracks extend to the edge of the map? Maybe an "end of the line" piece that looks like the tracks go into a tunnel? It would make sense for a railroad to be a very big and costly project, much like the cathedral in NMT, and having to build a track to the edge of the map could make it so. Consume a lot of iron and logs, too.

Which gives me another idea: The locomotive could consume logs or coal--and maybe water--for power. That would mean there is a cost connected with the exchange of goods.

These ideas may not be realistic given the game's programming. I trust you to say so if they are not possible.

RedKetchup

Quote from: rkelly17 on June 05, 2016, 05:17:32 AM
Good luck with getting this to work--it sounds complex.

yes it is , extremly complex because numbers arent same and they dont have a "common dominator" if words exist in mathematical english:P

they only way maybe i can overpass this : i would be need to create money : silver coins (or simply : coins)
sell goods for coins and buy things with coins  :-\

i need to deal with these numbers : 2,3,4,6,7,10,22,28,65 and 200
on the other hand, if i make it work the other way,backward, the common number of these numbers would be ... 1 coin.

for sure there wont be any beta test this weekend :( i and still trying to figure out this and these numbers.

Tom Sawyer

Don't worry. Good things take time. And your railroad is a really good idea. If you need a currency to solve the problem, then make it! You are in the age of the railway. Since there is a lot of money and stocks. The railroad could never have been built without money. Just like yours. ;)

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 05, 2016, 12:21:34 PM
yes it is , extremly complex because numbers arent same and they dont have a "common dominator" if words exist in mathematical english:P

Yes, "common denominator" is correct mathematical English. My grandkids are in French Immersion and learn math in French, so they have had to learn to translate if they want me to help them with math. All the words in English are different than they were when I was learning math, so that requires translation, too.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 04, 2016, 04:51:49 PMso you want a variation with a stairway in both side, variation with a stairway in Left side, variation with a stairway in Right side, variation with no stairway,  variation with shorter platform ? and that , for each different import/export ?

If you make the stairs at the ends with your overlap technologytm, then you can string up as many station buildings as you want... ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Gatherer

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 05, 2016, 12:21:34 PM
they only way maybe i can overpass this : i would be need to create money : silver coins (or simply : coins)
Would work better than vanilla barter trade.
Silver Ducats come to mind.
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on June 06, 2016, 03:34:48 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on June 04, 2016, 04:51:49 PMso you want a variation with a stairway in both side, variation with a stairway in Left side, variation with a stairway in Right side, variation with no stairway,  variation with shorter platform ? and that , for each different import/export ?

If you make the stairs at the ends with your overlap technologytm, then you can string up as many station buildings as you want... ;)

the stairs are already in overlap, they are sitting outside the 4x4 tiles. probably what i need to do is hiding the under of the balcony from eyes