News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Windmill and Bakery

Started by irrelevant, August 29, 2014, 07:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graphite

Quote from: Fellow Villager on September 02, 2014, 01:26:21 PM
@graphite where is the link for this blackwwod mod? I can't find it and seems promising

Currently a [WIP], WoB members will have access to all the development of the mods here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?board=44.0

As for placement; Reds idea seems to be the most logical, at this point in time. In regards to scale, the plan is to model and unwrap this tonight before I go to bed, and see how it fits in with existing assets ;) 

slink

If you block the river completely, how do traders get through?

rkelly17

On potentially or actually navigable rivers the usual practice is to have a "wing" dam that channels some of the water into the mill but leaves the main channel open. We have several old mills in our area that were built this way. That being said, most mills are built on streams or non-navigable rivers and block the whole thing into a mill pond to control flow rates. You normally need some sort of a drop to get the water flowing into the top of the water wheel though there is sometimes enough current to turn it at the bottom. One of the old mills near us has a mile-long millrace that goes into a wing dam and runs level beside the river as the river drops and then powers the mill (now set up for hydro-electric but originally for grain). That would be very tough to do in Banished.

While I'm thinking about it, anyone interested in doing a covered bridge?

RedKetchup

haha , soooooooooo many ideas !!!!!!!! ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

PhillipAlexander

I downloaded the Windmill and Bakery Mod and there seemed to be some issues with it. I'm not sure if the game engine supports movements in placed objects but the blades of the mill do not turn. It also fills up quickly with "other" food items as if the citizens see it as a storage facility so it always seemed to be too full to accept grain storage. I tried cornmeal and flour production, but neither ever appeared in my storage facilities. The graphics were quite pleasing and the look was all in all a  bit more polished than the general game elements. Has anyone else tried this mod, and if so do you have any suggestions for gameplay with it? Perhaps it needs something like the storage control used in the trade depots that has a control for each item.... one for each of the grains the mill will grind.

RedKetchup

he needs to give me like 6-8 lines of his code so i can tell him back how to fix it (i mean for his storage problem) ^^

Wood Cutter

Quote from: PhillipAlexander on September 12, 2014, 05:09:08 AM
I downloaded the Windmill and Bakery Mod and there seemed to be some issues with it. I'm not sure if the game engine supports movements in placed objects but the blades of the mill do not turn. It also fills up quickly with "other" food items as if the citizens see it as a storage facility so it always seemed to be too full to accept grain storage. I tried cornmeal and flour production, but neither ever appeared in my storage facilities. The graphics were quite pleasing and the look was all in all a  bit more polished than the general game elements. Has anyone else tried this mod, and if so do you have any suggestions for gameplay with it? Perhaps it needs something like the storage control used in the trade depots that has a control for each item.... one for each of the grains the mill will grind.
This is a brilliant mod but I have had to stop using it until the issue of storage is sorted. unfortunately the buildings serve no purpose.

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 12, 2014, 07:02:44 PM
he needs to give me like 6-8 lines of his code so i can tell him back how to fix it (i mean for his storage problem) ^^
have you tried to write to a MP with what you wrote here?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on September 25, 2014, 01:34:48 AM

i did 2 times in his thread post :P

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 25, 2014, 07:14:09 AM
Quote from: assobanana76 on September 25, 2014, 01:34:48 AM

i did 2 times in his thread post :P
maybe it away again without internet connection..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

no idea. i even told him in his post what to do right there :P

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 25, 2014, 07:16:00 AM
no idea. i even told him in his post what to do right there :P
hope he turn back...
otherwise dismantled the mill to put a giant fountain !!  ;D

Mahnogard

I've been using this, and while the Bannies still use it for storage if it's not active, once I put workers in, things start working normally within a season, the other goods are moved out. Malloy Flats currently has more bread and cornbread than it knows what to do with. I shouldn't have fully staffed them right off the bat. The yields seem in line with other food workers, so the demand for grains apparently isn't as high as I thought. :D I'm using it in Burleysbury, too, and it's going well there, too.

rkelly17

Quote from: Mahnogard on October 10, 2014, 10:56:20 AM
I've been using this, and while the Bannies still use it for storage if it's not active, once I put workers in, things start working normally within a season, the other goods are moved out. Malloy Flats currently has more bread and cornbread than it knows what to do with. I shouldn't have fully staffed them right off the bat. The yields seem in line with other food workers, so the demand for grains apparently isn't as high as I thought. :D I'm using it in Burleysbury, too, and it's going well there, too.

Do you know which of the food categories the bread and corn bread fall into? Are they grain?

Mahnogard

Quote from: rkelly17 on October 10, 2014, 12:01:42 PM
Do you know which of the food categories the bread and corn bread fall into? Are they grain?

I assume they are grains, since the only ingredient is flour. That's what I would have done if I'd made it. But I'm not 100% certain on that.