Main Menu

Any thoughts on this ?

Started by RedKetchup, September 26, 2014, 01:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

Is that a new model for a stone house? I like it! :)

Except for the chimney. It has a too industrial look about it. Too 'fat', and don't think those features on the top fit given the design of the other chimneys in the game. Other than that it looks marvellous.

Have you made this yourself? Incredible work. Luke should hire you ;)

Edit: Perhaps reduce the beam-ends on the top of the roof too. They look a little dominant.

RedKetchup

everything you said can be made :)

irrelevant

The half-timbered house is beautiful! Will it be considered wooden, or as stone?

Have to agree with @Pangaea about the chimney cap, it's a bit out of place (although very nicely modeled)  :)

salamander

Have to agree also with what was said about the chimney, but otherwise like what you've made.  Maybe the half-timbered house could be an intermediate model between wood and stone houses, as far as how much firewood they use, the resources required to build, etc...

RedKetchup

about mats to build and firewood ?
planing to make it between the wood and stone ? in middle of it or at 2/3 toward stone as efficiency.

the chimney i can take it out and finish it like those in the game :)

Bobbi

These are beautiful1 I fall more and more in love with @RedKetchup every day!  ;D

RedKetchup

hehe @Bobbi :)

looks like i ll need to rebuild completly the chimney, it is an empty block Inside , not 4x walls :( and in game it glich graphictly.

Bobbi

You could just remove the cap on top and leave it fat, it would lose the "industrial" look

RedKetchup

thats what i did but it gliches in game cause it s not made of 4 cubes. just 1 big one empty

Nilla

:D
These houses look so nice. Another high of your developments!

Maybe the color is a bit strong, that reddish-color on the roof specially. Could you make a sample a bit "paler", just to see how it looks like (am not sure that it would be better)

Bobbi

But we need color! Is not bright red like some lego houses I could mention.... ;D

rkelly17

Fachwerk houses! Oh, yes! For authenticity you might want the timbers a bit darker (they were traditionally painted with oxblood, though nowadays people use all sorts of colors). I's see these as sitting between log houses and stone houses in terms of materials required and benefits offered.

Tile roofs are good. Any thought to thatched roofs?

I'm just full of ideas for other people to implement.   ::)

slink

Myself, I am looking for white-or-cream colored stuccoed houses with red tile roofs, for my Mediterranean climate.  I suppose half-timbered with stucco could work.

Nilla

Quote from: Bobbi on September 26, 2014, 05:17:43 AM
But we need color! Is not bright red like some lego houses I could mention.... ;D

Sorry, can´t help it, I am Scandinavian and we like it a bit more minimalistic, simple and clean as you people from the other side of the big ocean or those from southern Europe. ;)