News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Rungers

Started by brads3, September 16, 2018, 07:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

mod count 125

mod changes upgraded the RK and pine mod,added new and removed some others.removed the old CC NF. had a new conflict issue that caused food shortages for the gatherer.after many attempts and redoing the registry,i found the problem. the inmortal tree mod combined with the pine and newer RK.the mod stopped the trees from falling over and dying.after about 150years,there are reports of enough trees dying to wipe out all the trees except the forester zones. this mod was insurance to prevent that.hopefully the new pine and RK will continue to plant trees and it doesn't happen.

there are no known issues.all prior problems have been solved with removing the CC and adjusting the mod order. this is a huge accomplishment considering the number of mods.
with upgrades to the pine mod and RK,the gathering and forests should be different.  the trapping and textiles isn't overpowered.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map:Rungers,473706368,mountains,medium,harsh,no disasters,medium start.  radishes,potatoes, and chesnuts

Goal:ship logs and iron downriver for the RR.use no iron or iron ore.with the many mods there is still a lot that can be built.exception is we will use the start 40 iron and build a larger shipping port.

we rowed upriver from NMT to the west.they need iron and logs to continue building the railroad.we do have 40 iron to use to construct the main port.hopefully our tools last or we will be repairing them with stones.
     we set up a boardinghouse and fishing pier.once the potatoes were planted,we built  some houses and barns. a SLINK industrial barn will be used to move and store the logs and iron.as bison curiously inspected our work,a quickhunter was sent to deal with them.
          in year 2, we began to add the forestor sets. we head extend the road east and add a vanilla forester and gathering hut. a split hunter cabin and a forest barn are completed. we also added  shops to repair tools and make clothing.

pic 1:map settings
pic 2:map start
pic 3:landing point
pic 4:industrial market
pic 5; forest 1

embx61

Nice to see you get most problems solved.
It took a lot of effort and time to finally get to a state it will work well. :)

Vanilla does spawn trees is it not? I not see a use for a trees not dying mod (Beside the orchards as a tree living for 5 years is just nuts) in the first place.
Maybe the spawn of trees was too slow in Vanilla? Or players cut many trees so fast it could not keep up with re spawning?

Not sure but does a spawn of a tree not need another tree nearby to spawn?
If so and some players cut all the trees in a large square it is normal that no trees are spawning beside maybe the edges if trees are nearby and then work slowly their way in.
But it would take a long time to fill that square up with threes I would think and so maybe players thought there was a problem and needing a mod what makes trees immortal.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

yes it did. over time it did get better.some mods are very touchy about the mod order. a few will battle and fight for control of the registry.thing is I can't see deep enough to know exactly how much effect that has. this run has the CC and North completely out of the WinDatat folder.i wanted a clean map to really check the gathering and forest changes with RED's changes and the upgraded pine mod.

only known issue i see is KID's nomad catchers give inconsistent groups.sometimes small then larger than they are suppose to.i really like the idea of bringing nomads based on %.i will experiment and do more research on that.

it was a long time back that i saw pics of empty maps with no trees.can't be sure if it was before the pine mod.not sure if the spawn rate changes or just stops.i have never seen it myself but i seldom play a map past 100 years.it wasn't that the player cut the trees since it affected the far corners.what was strange is that mod should have only affected a few vanilla trees and not had anything to do with the wild foods.without the pine mod it worked and the pine mod works without the inmortal tree mod.took all 3 to cause the conflict.made it very tricky to find.

i do have the forget orchard mod.it alows the orchards to produce fruit the 1st year instead of the orchards having to grow for several years before that.it does save having to manually prune the trees and vines.since there is a worker on the orchard year round,he should tend to that himself.

brads3

YEAR 3-4

Finally everyone has moved out of the boardinghouse.we will work on a townhall and the port this year.this will use 22 of our iron and 220 stones to finish the port.we do have some copper and iron ores to stock it with.we will also ship the flowers out.a wagonHO 10% tethering post near the townhall will bring more workers soon.while we wait,we take time to widen and extend roads and bridges and add a school.

pic 1:large port
pic 2:forest outputs
pic 3: yr 5 stats

brads3

YEAR 5-7

i may have 2 issues.1 the forest barn doesn't want to store logs or thatchit stores food and leather only.there are extra logs stacked next to it not counted and not being moved. 2nd the large TP is an older mod and not loading flowers.the merchant didn't want to take any ores yet either. the tethering post has been tested. it can give less nomads.not sure why as the mod is high in the order, but it gives 8 instead of the 10%.since the boardinghouse is empty 8 arrive. just some things to keep my eye on and see what happens.

another forest to the east will be set up with a herbalist instead of a hunter.to be safe,the bannies will clear a pile between the 2 forests.1 will plant a field of radishes so we'll have enough food.
     a merchant did say he would take the ores in trade for seeds,if we had enough of them.1 of the bannies did store logs in the forest barn,no stones or fodder yet.these bannies haven't been good at working together. work would go faster if they would.the tethering post pulls 4 nomads in year 6 with the population at 29.1 of these becomes our teacher.
     while the builders finish up on the 2nd forest,the laborers stock the 3rd.an FO. set will be built to the north in between the mountains.4 more nomads arrive in late spring of year 7,to take over for the laborers.they will add a 2nd potato field.soon we can dig mines.

pic 1:school
pic 2:forest #2
pic 3:forest #3
pic 4: yr6 nomads

brads3

YEAR 8

since nomads arrive every year,we will start to dig 2 mines.an RK random and a KID tiny mine are planned. ths will increase our stone as well as trading.
       with a population of 37,the tethering post brngs 7 nomads.a  couple with a child and 4 teen workers.no sure why it yoyo's like that.our education level is down so we will put this set to work and stop taking them every year.another crop field wil be planted.2 of them head to the larger forests to increase our log outputs.the laborers have cut so many there are no trees close by for construction.we send  2 workers to the quarry and 2 to the tiny iron mine.
      there are plenty of ores to keep the laborers busy.the builder can build a cemetary and extend roads.       

the changes RED made to the RK has changed the firewood situations. 1 there is no firewood on the map to be collected.he'll say the canadian indians are stealing it. we used to find some washed up on the river banks in the spring.thatch is no longer used by any houses either.the forest outpost cabins will use it for construction but not burn it.it might be possable to add a different start mod and or move some KID mods above the RK. as with any changes to the mod order this might bring good and bad differences.as the fodder stockpiles,a vanilla wood cutter can be  built to bundle it for burning.

pic 1:random mine and tiny mine
pic 2: cemetary

brads3

YEAR 10 REVIEW

population 49 and already down to 33% educated.our foresters are starting to cut more logs.this should help our firewood and health.we do not have any grain either.otherwise we are producing and collecting  enough food. the trading post is stocked wth iron and copper ores.there has been some silver and gold ores collected as well.the old industrial barn is moving and storing items very well.with the larger than expected nomad groups the small village grew fast.

thou the large TP won't store flowers that is expected.other than the oddities of the nomad tethering post, everything is working. i will try a 5% post next.

pic 1: yr 10 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3:inventory and TP stocks
pic 4: citizen graph and industrial market items.a 1.06 mod but is storing minerals.

brads3

YEAR 10-12

i added the 5% tethering post to the TH.we decided to upgrade our wood cutter.with it moved to the main vllage it should work faster.if needed, it can bundle thatch also.we extebnd the road for a 4th forest set. a tiny with storage will be built north of the 2 RK's.

in year 11,the 5% post brings 8 nomads.3 of them can quickly go to work the new forest.2 FO cabins will be built for them there.while they live at the boardinghouse,1 will work at the original woodchopping block.construction will take time as we work farther away.to help speed things up,another cabin is built between the 2 smaller forests for a builder and laborer team.

we trade 120 iron for 720 food, strawberries and pineapples. we send word back for the city to ship us oat or barley seed and flour.

pic 1: new wood cutter
pic 2:tiny storage forest set
pic 3: forest#4 cabins

brads3

YEAR 13-14

we send another worker to cut firewood at the village chopper. we stretch roads and add bridges to access more land.it is treacherous to work around these mountains.where it isn't steep there is a stream or lake to get around.a beekeeper will work the far east forest.with all the wildflowers, there should be plenty of honey.our builders also add more houses.

so far nobody has triggered or cleared a trap.however,the merchant did bring game.so the traps of the pine mod should be working,there is a beaver lodge now and then.i should send a pine trapper somewhere in an odd forest just to see what he might find.there isn't an over production of pelts so that is improved.in past games the foresters would clear the traps and collect the game and pelts.so far inventory shows none.
        as i moved the wagonHO mod to attempt to fix the odd nomad counts,i did override RED's bison.there are KID prairie bison now.there are also ducks,elk, and bears.now if only i had TANDY's grouse or turkeys....the modders growl at me for pushing and tweaking the start settings, but i did make the game do something different.i do tell you all there is give and take to doing that.in this case,there is less boar and bear meat found.in the early years there were more bears spotted but the inventory doesn't show many bear or boars.the wild animal balance is affected by the wagonHO mod.i think the meat per bison is higher also.subtle and slight changes but gives a different animal.it does not give both,it swaps texture from 1 to the other.now modders will probably  tell me i am crazy or change something so i can't do that.LOL

the laborers are kept busy clearing rocks from the forests.even so,we use the stone as fast as they haul it out.a merchant did bring wheat seed.there is a payoff to out efforts.

pic 1:KID bison change
pic 2: bee keeper,note the beaver lodge and pelt to the left
pic 3:wheat seed trade
pic 4: wheat fields

brads3

YEAR 15-16

finally during the winter the bridges were completed.we will need to let this years nomads stay.more laborers will help move rocks faster.we also need a sawmill to increase our firewood.now that we have wheat,we will be able to feed more bannies.

the 8 nomads arrive in early summer.1 goes to help haul materials to the trading post.1 can gather honey.another heads to the random quarry.the rest can help gather rocks and move materials for their houses.

by spring,firewood is showing progress.there is 100 more than we used during the winter.the school has started to graduate bannies.we will need to build more houses.

11 nomads arrive in late spring of our 16th year.we need several mini forest sets built.they will fit between the mountain gaps.we plan 2 mini sets,1 with a hunter and 1 wth a herbalist.a log depot will be dug into the hillside to supply the sawmill. 4 FO fodder huts will be bult for housing.

pic 1:yr 15 stats
pic 2:growing village
pic 3:KID sawmill
pic 4:forest 5,to the north east
pic 5: forest 6,

brads3

YEAR 17-19

while the builders finish the log depot,the laborers supply materials for a fishing pier by the lake near the fields.they also start to clear 2 more fields north of the mountain pass.we will add 2 houses this year taking us to 30 plus the boardinghouse.we hold off on accepting nomads.much food was used to stock houses and we do need to build reserves back up.our school is almost full as well.

along with a larger school,we decide to add 2 twilight clinics.1 will go near the school for the forests and 1 to our village.soon we will have graduates to become doctors.we considered adding a market to the forest village.the forests are so spread out around the mountains that it would take several to really help much.the bannies who are the unhealthiest are the farmers which should improve as the new fields produce wheat.

log production is over 650.the firewood limit has been increased to 500.food reserves are over 5000.we are ready for next years nomads.11  nomads will arrive to add more mines.a multi mine will be dug south of the river .this will help our stone and give more iron.

pic 1:log depot
pic 2:fishing pier 2
pic 3:north fields
pic 4:forest school and clinic
pic 5: village clinic

brads3

YEAR 20 REVIEW

that was a busy 10 years.we expanded the forests and farming.population has almost tripled.we now have our grain.log production has improved as we worked to clear rocks from our forest areas.by using the fodder to construct the FO cabins ,we are only overstocked on flowers.

population 124,over half are adult workers.education has fallen below 30% to 29.with it our firewood is break even and the workers are slower at supplying the builders.there are now 37 houses and more being built.we have 2 schools and 2 clinics.the new plantation school does match decently with the old town buildings and the FO thatch roofed houses. it was the largest school we could build.having room for 24 students it is almost double the old town school.with 20 food workers we produce over 12,000 food. over 600 food per worker.our gathering and hunting is going very well.to get more fruit and herbs we will need to find a meadow area to work.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:firewood graph

brads3

YEAR 20-21

to keep the bannies happier,a tavern was built in town.it can make ale from the blueberries. we finished digging the mine.we raised the houses due to that area being known for flooding with the snow thaws each spring.we now have 12 miners and 8 foresters.

i swapped the 5% tethering nomad post for a 2%. it brings 3 nomads in year 21.since it did bring a small group,i will accept them.we have work for them. they can clear copper ore from a meadow area north of the log depot. a OT herbalist and a pine vanilla gathering cache are plannned there.just enough to see how well they will do.
      we also decide to expand the TP by adding an general OT stone next to the large post. this can move our flowers and any other  extra items.it is stocked with 1000 flowers,50 leather coats, and 50 seedlings. the large is very busy moving the iron and ores from the mines. this will work to swap the flowers for fruit.

pic 1:multi mine and raised houses
pic 2:meadow
pic 3:extended TP
pic 4: OT tavern

brads3

YEAR 22-23

we need more food.2 more fields will be planted across the stream from the north fields.we have 500 flour and nobody seems to want to eat it.it is tagged as inedible.not done on purpose.sometimes a line gets "piggybacked" in with a mod.since the line has nothing to do with the mod,it doesn't cause a glitch but can affect something else.most players find this with various CC mods adding feathers even though the mod has nothing to do with ducks or chickens.simple solution,we will build a mill and bakery.
     another beekeeper will work the meadow and a fishermen will add a pier to the village.the workplace beekeeper is handy for the meadows. KID adjusted the production so it is like he works the larger area.

we grew fast enough to run into some issues.with stones harder to find,we are low on tools.we have used the food reserves.the last few gatherers are producing a lot less than the larger huts.i miss NILLA.she could play with the RK and help balance the outputs.what i see is more veggy or roots and less fruit.part of this is the way RED designed it.all food items are showing up and have been collected.the vanilla RK textured hut does collect items from the pine mod.the other gatherers are only collectig the original 4.the main vanilla huts collect 7 items.there are 12 foods plus grass,flowers,seedlings,and trappng items.the pine trapping items load instead of the RK deadwood.there are 6 fruits and 1 protein food out of the 12. all 12 items have appeared on the map and been collected.

due to lack of stones,we have a tool shortage. since we can't use iron,we opt for wood tools til the stone builds back up.both workshops can make tools. we do take 1500 food in trade for flowers and leather coats.

so far we survived.we need to access more land. we will terraform and dig to get around our mine mountain and build a bridge over the river to the east of the south lake. along the river 2 more fields will be cleared. the mini gatherers have improved to over 300 each.the meadow pine cache is about 175,half of which is fruit.
         a merchant brings feathers and reeds. the dock mod isn't even in the WinData folder.we do take 25 pitch tools and 500 watermelons for 50 leather coats the 1 shop will swap back to coats.in fall we trade for 250 bison meat for flowers. the 2nd workshop will need to make more tools again til spring. whenever they had time the laborers have scavenged for more stone,rocks, and food.the cemetary remains empty still.

pic 1: meadow beekeeper
pic 2:OT bakery and mill
pic 3:north fields
pic 4 east bridge and fields

brads3

YEAR 24-26

To make more tools a mini workshop will be built near the forest school.then the village shop can go back to making coats.with a mixture of wood and stone tools hopefully we won't run out again.as we work to overcome and avoid a tool shortage we also have to avoid it leadig to a food shortage.
           we keep hoping the city will ship us tools.they seldom do.often boats pass with livestock or other mixed goods we have no use for.we used many coats to gain food.the small post started stocking precious ores and uncut gems as the flowers and coats were used up. we continue to work toward getting enough logs to trade.a merchant brings 20 twine tools and a little wheat.we continue to take small amounts of food for the precious minerals and furs or seedlings.how we wish they would send fruit seed we could use.tropical  crops are not going to grow here.
             we struggle but gain ground to spring of year 25.we have almost 4000 food,25 coats,and 90 tools.

a RK forest set with hunter and herbalist is planned to the far south west corner.it will take time to build and time to plant the trees. it should produce enough logs to start shipping them.our hope is to produce over 1000 and ship above that. to increase stone,we send 3 more workers to the random mine.

the clear food tool does not work for the pine items.we seem to have 2 different types of bird nests.i will need to catch a laborer up and have 1 clear some pelts and beaver lodges to see what happens.

finally we have raspberry seed.an orchard along the river will be cleared.2 crop fields will be switched over also.this will increase our food and balance our diets.this is a nice confidence boost. the forget about orchard mod will not help the raspberry produce this year.it is designed for tree orchards not berry orchards.the laborers will gather food to make up for the loss of the 2 fields this year.

our years are slower but we are surviving.

pic 1:forest #7
pic 2: year 25 stats
pic 3: raspberry orchard
pic 4:orchard swap