News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA of Cotton and Cotton Tunics

Started by slink, October 29, 2014, 04:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahnogard

I add mods mid-game all the time with no problems. As much as I like that new town smell, I'm not going to start over each time I want to try something out. What I don't do is update existing mods mid-game unless someone else has properly tested doing so, and I take note of what a particular mod changes vs what mods I already have installed at the time, but other than that I don't really worry about it.

The first testing of this mod started well before the beta patch went into release. When the patch was still beta, only some of the TP-related crashes had been fixed (it dealt with one inventory set, but not the other), so many of us still needed a TP fix to avoid them. That's why I was using Jamie's True Trade Fix at the time. As for whether or not changes were made to the patch when it became the release version (and it seems they have, according to Jamie's post), I haven't switched over yet, so I still have the fix installed until I'm ready to switch to the release version of the game.

So, if @salamander is using the updated version of the game, or the beta patch without a trade fix, results can't really be compared because we're looking at two different game configurations. But to respond to one question, yes I already had a TP at the time, because I was also testing @slink's hogs for the first time in that town and I was well into my "agricultural" phase by the time I installed the cotton mod.

salamander

@Mahnogard -- Thanks, that clears up some questions for me.  So far as I know (because I have Steam's auto-update set to ON) I have the most recent version (1.0.4 beta), but I never downloaded the trade fix mod.  The opening screen of the game shows my version as 1.0.4, and I don't remember if the 'beta' was shown on this screen or not.  So ... at the time the crashes started, I was using the most recent 1.0.4 version (but beta or release I can't say since I don't get notifications when an update occurs).

rkelly17

Quote from: salamander on November 09, 2014, 09:23:50 AM
@Mahnogard -- Thanks, that clears up some questions for me.  So far as I know (because I have Steam's auto-update set to ON) I have the most recent version (1.0.4 beta), but I never downloaded the trade fix mod.  The opening screen of the game shows my version as 1.0.4, and I don't remember if the 'beta' was shown on this screen or not.  So ... at the time the crashes started, I was using the most recent 1.0.4 version (but beta or release I can't say since I don't get notifications when an update occurs).

If you are using Steam you should have the final 1.0.4 version for about a week now.

In my experience the "final" crashes less than the beta when adding a mod to a going town, but some mods still conflict with one another in a way that causes a crash if you try and add one of those mods to a town that has the other activated. I'm thinking especially of map-script mods and flatten terrain--but you can de-activate the map script mod on an existing town and then load flatten terrain and not crash.

salamander

So ... having re-started the town with cotton included from the start, I finally reached the point where I started seeing cotton in merchants.  And all is well.  My folks are 100% clothed in cotton tunics, and I'm thinking about trading off the excess in the TP's.

I think I unfairly accused the mod at being at fault for the crashes I was seeing, especially since I added the mod to the middle of a game -- it just took a while for my foolishness to become apparent.  Apologies to @slink;D

slink