Started by Bobbi, February 28, 2015, 09:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

not really complicated to do :)

but what it is exactly ? an house ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

A house with other stuff like storage shed, trough for animals, stone wall. Maybe I will try to create with your new house. Usually farmhouses are kind of spread out. I will see what I can come up with in current game.

RedKetchup

dont forget 1 building can do ONLY one thing. if you want more than 1 thing it takes + building with Overlap Technology ™
;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 28, 2015, 10:25:28 AM
dont forget 1 building can do ONLY one thing. if you want more than 1 thing it takes + building with Overlap Technology ™
;D

but also, you have all the tools already to make that kind of design with vanilla/redketup items :)

RedKetchup

i know it is not the same thing ^^ was just an idea ....  in wait (in wait if something happends ^^)

PS i really need to make my OWN stone fence IMO (it was the vanilla in-game stone fence Luke made for his graveyard)

Bobbi

Yours looks better than mine. I had to make the farm yard bigger because I wanted chickens running around. Nothing currently in game (or at least the mods I have) has the proper farm shed look. But I guess we have most of what it takes. Farm houses were kind of large and sprawling, maybe "L" shaped, and often multi-generation, so multi-story technology works well for that.

RedKetchup

but if you can draw a list of fonctions amd what part does what... and determine what you want ... i can maybe come with something.

Bobbi

I am actually fairly contented with what I created with stuff already available. Just the shed doesn't look as I want. No biggie. If you decide to make me a shed that blends in with the "farmhouse" I created with your medieval houses, it would just store food, like a mini market. I am sure the community would be better served if you continued working on the cathedral and other parts of the medieval houses. But I love that you are willing to think about the farmhouse maybe down the road.

RedKetchup

the limitations that can happends :

cant put trees in middle of the yard. can't put crop neither. even if it is a wide open area plus buildings, the middle is taken by the overall farmhouse (deal the farm house as 1 unique building including the house, the yard , the shed....) we cannot build something else 'inside' or 'in middle' of the yard.

this is why i patented the Overlap Technology ™ hehe.

i dunno if you understand what i try to mean ^^

so.....
Or it is 1 building alone , looking like that without trees in the yard. maybe 6x6 ? there will be only 1 familly inside and the shed wont have storage capacity ...

Or i try to make a complex of 2-3 things working together.

i ll see after what i already planned... and depending your comment back.

assobanana76

I missed this thread !!
great!
I have to see what I can create in a 12x12!
or widen the "square" in the rural area at 25x12 including the road!
these farms made by you that have dimensions?
here I could put my breeding without fences that is in turn demolished to free the animals!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Bobbi

Well, I think we have established that to have what I want, all the pieces must be separate, otherwise no storage (barn), no multiple families, no chickens running around. So if you felt so inclined, down the road, no hurry, a lovely farmhouse built with patented two story technology that was perhaps longer than your medieval houses, say 6 x 5 or 7 x 5, maybe even "L" shaped with a lovely second story, probably made of stone, would fulfill my vision. With a separate shed 2 x 3 or 3 x 4 matching that can be either purely aesthetic or could function as a small market if you like.
But you should concentrate on what you are already doing for now.....my birthdays is March 26th......... ;D
@assobanana76, you can easily create what you see in my screen shots if you have Medieval houses and stone walls from CC or @Red decorative items (scarecrow there as well). "Shed" is meat locker from CC as is vegetable market.

assobanana76

I have not seen the evil Red is 17x11.
potre work to do 12x12 reducing some spaces.
I could make us stay two medieval houses, a storage barn, a small vegetable garden and small orchard varied, perhaps a pasture (the minimum is 7x7? even in CC?) some more decoration.
I can change a little bit the composition .. with grain silos, wells .. etc ..
et voila .. after neighborhoods 12x12 in the urban part of the map I would 12x12 farms in the rural part of the map!
great!
the Shed is not for me. I build vegan villages.
I have just a moment of time I can work with it .. I create two or three, and tell me what you think!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Bobbi

I used the meat locker for shed only because it was the only thing that vaguely resembled what I wanted. I sometimes challenge myself with a vegetarian town, too. Nuts are good for protein.

assobanana76

ok! I tried!
storage barn is too big for a farm 12x12!
I solved with DL "shed" mod.
a little storage of 2x2 with 800 of capacity!