News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Vendor Capacity

Started by Paeng, March 31, 2017, 05:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

I'm just curious - can the vendor with the wheelbarrow be modded to carry more than 500 weight?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

probably. it is set in citizens.rsc
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 31, 2017, 08:23:14 AMprobably. it is set in citizens.rsc

Cool... this came to me when I saw Embx' idea about a saddler (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1603.0), looking at possible uses beyond just trade...

Maybe it's possible to make a chain where cured leather > pouches/bags > saddles etc. could be given to the vendor (the one with the wheelbarrow) to carry  a bit more... not a super-vendor with super-powers, just a bit more, like 6 or 700 instead of 500 or so...  just enough to not upset balancing, but make it worthwhile to build that chain...

* Or maybe a new profession like your "muscle worker", with the behavior of a vendor... if that can be "cloned"

RedKetchup

you cannot specify for an item or a building specifically. it is the whole profession.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 31, 2017, 09:31:16 AMyou cannot specify for an item or a building specifically. it is the whole profession.

So there is no way to "upgrade" the profession 'vendor' (or any other profession), except by starting a new game with the modded one? Meh...  :(

RedKetchup

not sure if a new game is required... i think the results are instant

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 31, 2017, 10:20:02 AMnot sure if a new game is required... i think the results are instant

Oh, okay... but you would still need to load the "new" vendor from outside (like an add-on)...  another global thing that cannot be changed inside a running game, right?

RedKetchup

in fact...
the default of = 100 weight is set in citizens

but for vendors and traders they are overwritten in their profession list.

i dunno if works cause i didnt tried....

but you should find what you need in this .pkm :)

i ve set the vendor and traders to 700 (instead of 500)

RedKetchup

euh .... hold on !

they still carry 500 :S

RedKetchup

i dont know if it is a limited hidden feature.... but they still carry 500 max !!

Profession vendor : "base"
{
String _text = "ProfessionVendor";
String _toolTipText = "ProfessionVendorTip";
String _deathText = "ProfessionVendorDeath";

int _sortPriority = 1400;
bool _transient = false;

int _inventorySize = 700;

RandomSelection _deathSelector
{
float _years = 25;
float _population = 100;
}
}

Profession trader : "base"
{
String _text = "ProfessionTrader";
String _toolTipText = "ProfessionTraderTip";
String _deathText = "ProfessionTraderDeath";

int _sortPriority = 1500;
bool _transient = false;

int _inventorySize = 700;

RandomSelection _deathSelector
{
float _years = 25;
float _population = 100;
}
}

i ve put 700 but they still go to 500 only.

gonna go test with a new created profession like my stockers from warehouse.

RedKetchup

HA !!

if i create one , like my stockers in Warehouse 2.0 ....

it does work !

inventory = 700

so why doesnt work for vendors/traders ??

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 31, 2017, 11:45:31 AMso why doesnt work for vendors/traders ??

Hardcoded?
But hey, I really appreciate this effort of yours, thanks...  :)

To expand a bit, for those who wonder - I'm not after a "cheap cheat" to increase things haphazardly... what I'm after is to create something like a goal, something worth building up to improve on certain things... something Banished really lacks.

How I would use this - I'd have the normal vendors until I can build e.g. Tanner, Saddles, Carts etc... (the list can be flexible/depending on available special structures)... once those are set up and producing, only then would I allow myself to load in this little add-on to increase vendor capacity...

Of course such a side-mod could be "abused" (loaded from the beginning as a "cheat") - not a danger for myself, as I have that much self-control, and it would add something interesting to strive for that I would not want to destroy by going the easy way... it's a slippery workaround at best, but if that is the only way to kinda boost in-game scenarios, I'd go for it...

RedKetchup

in fact what is happening......

the game create a 2nd vendor profession and a 2nd trader profession instead of overwrite :S

RedKetchup

so maybe the thing would be or would worth to try is .... "overwrite" the vanilla market and vanilla trading post
and see how it reacts

embx61

That is odd indeed Red.

I just looked through the resources files and all I could find were indeed just the citizen, profession files we can alter for volume limits.

So for the vanilla traders/citizens/vendor it is a hidden whatever? Just weird and does not make any sense.
I tried a rawmaterial mesh I made in game once to test and that sucker was twice as big as a house and the bannies just carried it away and stored it like it was nothing. ROFL!
So the bannies having the strength is not an issue :)

I know Luke is all by himself but some more documentation and/or samples would be nice for us modders.
For example, hire a temp who writes some more in depth documentation about modding or even better and easier release some of the meshes.
I understand that textures can be an issue but then just release some of them without the textures so at least we can figure out how to do for example animations.

I not asking for all of them but the mesh for the example white chicken and fig tree would be nice to learn more of Luke's implementations of animations.

Luke most understand that besides playing modding is a big part of it as well to keep a game going strong.

EDIT He did release the meshes of the samples LOL. I must have had a brain fart when I was replying :)
Still have no clue about animations though even with the samples :(
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]