News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

What are these trading numbers really mean?

Started by embx61, October 17, 2018, 02:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

@elemental PM'd me and said that food traders are bringing low food amounts.
He is playing with 1:1 so population grows slower then Vanilla.

Most of my food is between 1000 and 2000 stack count.

I understand some of them but what is the ItemCountScale and ItemStackScale do?
What happens if set those higher or lower?

If what the trader brings in amounts can be changed with the scale numbers maybe a override mod could be made for players who play with 1:1 mods?

TradeScale _tradeScale
[
{ int _population = 30; float _monthsTrade = 12; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 6; int _itemCountScale = 8; int _itemStackScale = 8; }
{ int _population = 60; float _monthsTrade = 10; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 5; int _itemCountScale = 6; int _itemStackScale = 7; }
{ int _population = 100; float _monthsTrade = 8; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 4; int _itemCountScale = 4; int _itemStackScale = 6; }
{ int _population = 150; float _monthsTrade = 7; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 3; int _itemCountScale = 3; int _itemStackScale = 5; }
{ int _population = 250; float _monthsTrade = 6; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 2; int _itemCountScale = 2; int _itemStackScale = 4; }
{ int _population = 400; float _monthsTrade = 5; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 2; int _itemCountScale = 1; int _itemStackScale = 2; }
]
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

smurphys7

I am not entirely sure which is which.  I would guess you should try editing one than the other to confirm exactly.  My guess is "Count" affects the number of different goods and "stack" affects the quantity of the goods that do arrive.

"int _itemCountScale" and "int _itemStackScale" affect the quantity of types of goods that arrive and the quantity of those goods that do arrive.    A food boat, at low populations, may only bring 100 Fish.  A food boat, at high population, may bring 9000 Fish, 9000 Mushrooms, 9000 etc. etc.

The individual items files controls the quantity of goods at each "breakpoint".  In "RawMaterialFish.rsc" Fish has a "int _stackCount = 2000" and in RawMaterialWool.rsc Wool has a "int _stackCount = 100;"

embx61

Thanks,

It makes indeed sense that the count is the amount of different foods and the stack count have to do with the stack.

So for a population of 30 we see both 8 for Count Scale and 8 for Stack Scale.
So is the 8 of the Stack Scale is a divider? So for example 1000 set in Raw Material file  / 8 by <= 30 population and the boat brings about 125?

Or do I miss something completely here?

smurphys7

I'm not sure how the formulas work.  At the highest populations the boats may bring a higher quantity than the "int_stackCount".

embx61

@elemental just PM'd me and says that my food trader brings about 300 of a food and a CC food trader in the thousands on the same map so with same population.
Does CC changed the trade scales or did they up the stack counts in the raw Material files.
I doubt that though as some of the raw material files I have from CC, and some from Red which some are also CC are in the 1000 to 2000 range.

RedKetchup

Luke has set some numbers of items he brings, and the raw material files set the number of how big a stack is.

luke has set the number of items in the list is divided by the number of the int _itemCountScale. i am not sure how he picked up his number but it will be divided by =8 at begining and will be divided by =1 towards the end. the goal there is to get very few items 1, 2, or 3, at beginging.

the raw material files will decide how many items on the stack, that one it is us who choose, and that number will be divided by the number of int _itemStackScale. at begining of the game, if we say 1000 in the raw material file, it will be divided by 8 and the each stack of this item will be 125. later it will be divided by 7, 6,5...  and you will get 150... 333...666.. 1025... etc

i said divided, it is maybe possible the mathematic formula is a little more complex than just divide but thats the idea.

so if you want you can put 6,5,4,3,2,1 and the other column 6,5,4,3,2,1

but there is always a thing though:
at start of the game, probably Luke decided it was 10 and 10 and when we hit int _population = 30 we start to hit that 1st change. ( 8 and 8 ) so maybe the first 1-29 population, even if you put 6 and 6 ... maybe you will see no difference.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

you can change every numbers for every trading post template.

embx61

Ah, so I was right about the division of the 8 as it seems logical and ofcourse maybe some is thrown in by Luke we not know about.

Still puzzled how CC has bring thousands though for elemental.
I not have CC sources so cannot compare if they did something to the trade scales as I am pretty sure their rawMaterial files not have values like 4 or 5000 for Stack Count.

Tom Sawyer

It's like Red wrote but there is nothing unknown or hidden by Luke. A merchant just brings a certain number of stacks from certain flags, defined in the merchant section. Let's say itemcount = 16 stacks and flags = edible. To a small settlement up to 30 peeps he will bring 16 / 8 (itemcountscale) = 2 stacks of food. It can be 1 stack of apples and 1 stack of pears but also 2 stacks of apples, that's random. If one stack of apples is 2000 (stackcount in the apple file), he will bring 2000 / 8 (itemstackscale) = 250 apple and 250 pears or 500 apples. That's the relation of itemcount of a merchant / countscale by population and stackcount of a resource / stackscale by population. The names of the parameters are a bit confusing but it's clear how it works.

RedKetchup

but @Tom Sawyer  , the int _population = 30; of the first row, first line.

A. do you think at 30 pop this line becomes efffective
B. or this line is effective till we hit 30 pop ?

if A then till we get 30 pop, whats the numbers (from 0 pop to 29 pop) ? (where is from my hypothetical 10, 10)
if B then what happends when we hit the last one int _population = 400; ? what will be the number at 401+ ?

Tom Sawyer

It applies up to int _population. So the first row from 0 to 30 citizens and so on. Beyond the last line it's not scaled anymore.

embx61

Who changed the trade scales?
In Vanilla it goes to 180 instead of 400.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 17, 2018, 04:33:37 PM
It applies up to int _population. So the first row from 0 to 30 citizens and so on. Beyond the last line it's not scaled anymore.

so what would be the next hidden line after this? ( i mean the base line)

{   int _population = 400;   float _monthsTrade = 5;      float _monthsTradeTolerance = 2;   int _itemCountScale = 1;   int _itemStackScale = 2; }

pop : unlimited, months = 4 or 5 ? , tolerance =2 or =1 ? , item count scale = 1 = 0 ? divided by 0 ? still 1 ? stack scale =1 ?

Tom Sawyer

Divided by 0 would break the banished universe.^^ I always have a scaling of 1 in the last line, so it is not scaled anymore then. But the game does not have any hidden base values. It just continues with the numbers of the last line. In theory it would be possible to stay with scaled imports for endless population but it would not make sense.

So in your case with {   int _population = 400;   float _monthsTrade = 5;      float _monthsTradeTolerance = 2;   int _itemCountScale = 1;   int _itemStackScale = 2; } as last line it means the half of imported amounts forever. The defined 400 is unused.

RedKetchup