News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forest Village

Started by Gordon Dry, September 09, 2015, 09:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Yes it's a franchise. Probably they use stuff from Life is Feudal, models, code etc.. Actually they would have to pay franchise fees to Luke. ;)

RedKetchup

that picture looks so awesome. i wish banished was more like that

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Fellow Villager

i hope the esthetic are lik the substance of the game

Fellow Villager

bought this game...
seems very good..and it's unmodded

mellowtraumatic

I got it too but only played a couple of minutes of it. I'll finally play some more tonight. I got sidetracked by watching Stranger Things on Netflix last night.

st2050

I find out this addon today and I'm really shocked. Is this a new banished? Will we play it? Will sweet mods be there?

Just look at the interface!

Some gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3JX6XePsVg

RedKetchup

it is not an addon ^^ this is another game , a game copied at 80% on banished and made by a russian team

st2050

Hello, RedKetchup!

Thanks for your answer. I was surprised to know it, I'm from Russia too. But the questions remain: Will we play it? Will sweet mods be there?
What do you think?

From here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/709170194
Mod friendly. Our game is designed to be modder friendly. Game modders will have access to AI, animations, task and resource management, navigation, sounds and many other game systems. Those systems and assets can be completely changed through game scripts written in LUA.

RedKetchup

yeah but it is not now, maybe in a year they will release something that will allow to make mods for it, but it is not before a good amount of time.

mellowtraumatic

I hope modding is a little more user friendly than Banished is. I wanted to do some Banished modding and made one and then the compiling process stopped me cold. *lol* I got spoiled with making mods for  games like the Elder Scrolls and Fallout. The process is a heck of a lot easier for those games.

embx61

I agree mellowtraumatic.

Luke should really make improvements to the modkit but I won't hold my breath as Banished is over 2 years old.
I have to admit that after many frustrations, one of them made me almost quit modding completely for Banished, I get a bit more the hang of it but still quite some times I have to count to 10 otherwise my keyboard will end up inside my monitor  ;D
But a lot of the progress is because of our community here and some CC devs who are very helpful.

The support from Luke is below average IMHO and I get a bit tired of reading from some on steam who keep saying he is all alone and can only do so much...  blah blah blah.

The least he can do is make flags and limits dynamic, or at least add about 5 to 10 more where we modders can assign the names for them if dynamic is too much trouble.
That alone will help us modders out quite a bit.

I like what I see so far with that Forest Village game.

They apparently had modding in mind from the start and that is always a good thing.
I am not sure but I think Luke decided to add modding support while the game was already in progress and that makes it harder.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

if happends one day if they do a toolikit for moddling for this game.... i ll open a new section on this forum for this game. till then i will wait and see.

DesoPL

22 Euro for early access? Idk if is good price for now, i will wait until steam winter sale.

st2050

Please post links to the videos from skilled Banished players. The nature looks really good. And yes, this game is really like Banished!

Hehe this guy has all people died because of no firewood, lol.

Pangaea

This still looks like theft of Banished's source code, so I don't want to buy this and thereby support such practices.

Probably a pretty hopeless task for a single developer like Luke to do anything about it, as it can quickly become a costly legal sinkhole, but it must be infuriating to spend years developing a game with brand new source code, and then somebody simply steals it, glues on some pretty graphics, and releases it as a "new" (lol) game.