News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing

Started by irrelevant, August 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Got the third family coming up. Time for a mud pit  :)

irrelevant

@RedKetchup Although I have plenty of bronze in stock, the blacksmith absolutely will not make bronze tools.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on September 12, 2019, 05:38:30 PM

Now I'm making bronze. @RedKetchup Assigned two blacksmiths to speed things along, but only one will work, the other idles endlessly, or does laborer stuff.

the thing with workers working... they need a dummy free to go stand there. the vanilla blacksmith was been made by Luke and he didnt planned to add more than just 1 spot for 1 worker, 1 dummy. so even if we add + 2 _+3 blacksmith, if they dont have a proper dummy , they will idle till the only 1 spot is free for someone.
my BS i am making will have more than just 1 blacksmith standing dummy. the name of those dummy are use_00x (use_001, use_002, use_003....)

i dunno if it makes sense.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

Quote from: irrelevant on September 12, 2019, 08:32:06 PM
@RedKetchup Although I have plenty of bronze in stock, the blacksmith absolutely will not make bronze tools.
Sounds like something I've mentioned before a couple of times... just sayin'   :-X

JM was the one who discovered the recipe was wrong, just make sure you have Tin and Copper in stock and he will make the Bronze Tools; for now you do not actually need Bronze to make Bronze Tools because of the recipe mistake.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

irrelevant

Yes, I think I understand, although now I just have one worker assigned. It was making tin out of ore just fine, and then making bronze right before this, but will not make bronze tools. Even tried shutting it down and fake demolishing to clear out the inventory, but it will not pick up bronze.

irrelevant

Quote from: MarkAnthony on September 12, 2019, 08:48:48 PM
Sounds like something I've mentioned before a couple of times... just sayin'   :-X
I know, I was thinking of that.

irrelevant

Hm, guess I'll need to make some copper. That's for tomorrow. Time for bed now.

irrelevant

Yep, Copper+Tin+Log=2 Bronze tools

The mud houses are beautiful. And the small market is perfect.

The forester here is planting appropriate trees, not pines and maples!

Really look forward to more of this mod.

RedKetchup

effectively, it looks awesome :)
when some buildings will be replaced....
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Looking forward to that!

Five years later, finally making coats. I think it would be appropriate to this climate to be able to make light clothing using just a blend of cloth and linen, 1 cloth+1 linen=2 light coats or robes. Making coats out of furs here makes me itchy!  ;)

Nilla

I see you are using my "strategy"; to hide the not so fitting buildings in the forest. ;) But you need so little logs, so I have no forester. But I´m glad that he plants the proper trees if I will need one in the future.

irrelevant

That was not a deliberate choice, it just happens!  ;)  When I built that forester, that was where he needed to be.

All those trees do hide the fact that I tore down the hunter I had built. First time ever I think, I built a hunter that in three years did not find a single critter. Put a tailor on that spot and built a replacement hunter farther out.

Nilla

I don´t know what size of map you are using, but I have seen that especially on smaller maps, these RKED gems may be over hunted in periods, no matter where you place your hunter´s lodge. Although it´s better on larger maps, you may see a little of it there, too.

irrelevant

I nearly always play on large maps, but this hunting cabin never found a single animal in three years, not even with two hunters.

irrelevant

I wanted an obelisk, so I figured, "Go big or stay home."  ;D Gives a nice vertical dimension to this compact little town.

I expect when it comes time for a second village, I'll go across the river into that fodder field.

I like @kid1293's Tiny Hunter with it's storage capability.