Main Menu

Kid - Railway V1.0

Started by kid1293, November 17, 2019, 10:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid - Railway V1.0

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=581

Kid - Railway V1.0

edit --- I have fixed the missing flags in the Freight Car.
Same name. If you have a problem - download it again.

Abandoned and I have made a new take on a railway trader.

For more pictures visit Abandoned's Blog

This mod brings railway cars that must have coal to transport goods.
It can be seen as a cheap way to get goods, but that is what trading is all about.
The green arrows you see when placing a car should face the station for the best result.
The train engine itself is made as a deco piece together with deco versions of the cars.

You have a Train Station (market) and a Coal Bin (stores coal).
You have other storage and a Station Master (storage overview).
There is also a Rooms building (hostel).

The train model was made by istvanszalai at CGTrader.com
RedKetchup kindly lets us use his tracks. Thank you!

Have fun :)

moonbelf

@kid1293 This looks amazing and I've just finished reading @Abandoned blog. What a wonderful concept. Thank you so for doing this. Will have to try it out  :)

taniu

@@kid1293 ;D ;D ;D thank you very much.@Abandoned - ;D ;D ;D Fantastic story - great introduction melody - country is very beautiful - I love listening to this song. Greetings

kid1293

:) Thank you for kind words. Always a pleasure.

Abandoned

Thanks @taniu  :) I am glad you liked the story and song. I thought "I've Been Working on the Railroad" song was a good intro to the story but it should be posted on this thread.  @kid1293 did most of the working on the Railway. Good work :)  I am sure taniu and others will enjoy the Railway.

Railway building note:  Because of story I built the tracks first.  The train cars do not get placed on the track, they have their own track piece attached.  If you build the track first you will have to remove pieces to place the train car.  The arrows point the direction the car should face the station platforms if station is built.

taniu

@kid1293 ;D ;D ;D   @Abandoned  ;D ;D ;D Thank you for the nice words - of course the creators of mods @ kid1293 I have a lot of respect for him - I love playing with his mods - they are fantastic and you can create wonderful stories with them - I answer in this thread here - @ Abandoned - thank you for the good tips - in truth, no I played too much with rail themed mods - I remember mod @ Redketchup - I'll try to play, - I'm thinking about on African history - the Egyptian red desert. :P :-\ all the time -  Maybe you will come up with a mod that would take 48 hours or not sleep for 48 hours, or turn back time - reality? - it's just a joke on my part - a lot of classes - I haven't played and have been testing for 3 months, I even have Beta The North 7- I miss Banished very much :(. Geetings

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

Mod note:  Railway is still being tested, discovered that the Freight Car (warehouse) does not accept logs, iron, or stone.  There will be an update at a later date.

kid1293

I thought it would be nice to fix the missing flags now.
I have uploaded a new version with the same name (V1.0)
If you have a problem with freight car not accepting resources -
download again :)

Thanks @Abandoned

brads3

thanks KID. these inland trade posts like the railroad and forest trader mods should be helpful. as we add more mods, the inventory gets full of more items. the main TP's never get fully stocked. the merchants are busy restocking the top item and don't stock enough of the others. like they will be moving logs and not get to stockiing saddles or gold,etc. these inland traders work to get rid of some excess stuff without us managing them.

ABANDONED does come up with good ideas. i don't mean to take away from her at all ,but to enhance and improve on them. can an inland trader be set so we can pick items from our inventory similar to the main TPs but trade them automatically for apples,food,supplies,etc? like we could assign saddles or fodder and it would trade them like your rairoad does now,witout a merchant boat? if so it would be neat to have a post for each flag, 1 that takes in food,1 for buiding materials or supplies,1 for coats or textiles,etc.

the only other inland traders we have are yours,RED's train,and CC has an indian native trader.

kid1293

All production buildings are traders. Resource in - product out.
That is what we can make automatical.

Abandoned

Just an added note about Railway - the stations are not trade stations - the train cars are the traders.  No railway stations need to be built in order to trade coal for the items produced by the train cars.

The  Material car produces choice of stone, iron, logs, or firewood.  The General car produce choice of vanilla tools, clothes, and textiles.  The food car produces choice of vanilla foods.  Coal goes in choice of items come out.

Edit:  The station coal bin does not produce coal.  A worker assigned to the coal bin will bring coal from other location so it is closer to the train cars.  A worker from the train car will go either to the coal bin or to a stock pile for coal.  You will need a mine or trading post to produce coal.  You do not need a coal bin to trade coal with the train cars.

Any questions about Railway can be asked in this thread.

Gatherer

Thanks for all the added info.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Abandoned

:) Your welcome.  Maybe I should also mention that one of the station wall textures shown in some screenshots in Railway stories is not included in release version.  There are three station textures, vanilla wood, grey for Wild West, and the lighter tan Colonial one. 

Oops, sorry for wrong info - there are four station wall textures in release version - vanilla wood, grey for Wild West, and 2 textures for Colonial - one lighter and one darker.  I am unable to update my test version yet.

banishedsanni

It works fine with mega mod and the new train carts are a good addition to red ketchups choo choo mod. They fit so well to the main choo choo from RK!
Sadly the train station buildings do not fit together - the platforms have different heights.
But it is really worth downloading!

I asked for it already some time ago and now that someone made another train mod I ask again: PLEAAASEEEE make a railway track piece that can block the way or is pure decorative (so i can use the invisible way block square from mega mod to stop bannies to run over the railway tracks and risk their lifes). PLEEAAAASE :)