News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Railway V1.0

Started by kid1293, November 17, 2019, 10:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@banishedsanni   Kid's railway stations were not made to match with Red's choo choo.  It is a complete set in itself and a completely different trade system.  Good that they work together though.  :)

I believe I gave you this Empty Square Link before. Simple to lay along side of the tracks to keep Bannies from walking across track. It will also keep trees from sprouting up right along side the track. I do not know why you can not use invisible way square the same way.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1710.0

banishedsanni

I cant put the empty square tile on top of the rail track tiles and so the bannies use the track as road.

Edit:
QuoteKid's railway stations were not made to match with Red's choo choo.  It is a complete set in itself and a completely different trade system

Yes, I know and I didnt want to say that he did a bad job about that! :) Its just sad because they both r great.

kid1293

The tracks cost the same. It is only a matter of choosing what to build close to the tracks.
My guess is that I am not interfering with ChooChoo. You can have both.

banishedsanni

To the side of the tracks (red line) i put the empty square to block. But on top of the tracks i cant put em and so i have to use the railcart minerals storage that contains a railtrack in its model.
So on every exit/entry i have to add those handcarts + minerals storage to block the way ^^*

QuoteThe tracks cost the same. It is only a matter of choosing what to build close to the tracks.
My guess is that I am not interfering with ChooChoo. You can have both.

I plan to use both - after the bridge (upper left in the picture) I plan to continue the railway and add your markets and so on.

Abandoned

Those carts seem to be doing what you want. You are showing Red's Choo Choo, perhaps you should ask @RedKetchup to include what you want when he updated his Choo Choo mod.

No Bannies were killed or injured while making or playing with Kid's Railway  :)

brads3

i did some experimenting with Necora's empty tiles. the bannies skip around or betwen them and enter the railroad tunnels. i would assume they will do the same if trying to block a bridge.the bannies did this even with a block tile between the tracks and the middle of the tunnel.i had double spaces of blocked tiles around the tracks and tunnel and removed the track piece at the entrance of the tunne and blocked it.did that on both ends of the tunnel and the bannies skipped around them and used the tunnel as a road. again, i assume they would act the same at any of the bridges.

i did not test it but have a theory. will they use a ghosted tunnel as a walkway? my theory is they will not since it is ghosted,the mountain should still be blocked.that would solve the issue with tunnels but not bridges.

since all the railroads work the same,hopefully other modders will see this post.i put it here because this is where the discussion was about the bannies walking on the tracks.

if my thinking is correct,making ghosted bridges wouldn't use materials to build. that is 1 drawback to ghosted tunnels and bridges. the track tiles function as roads,hence the bannies use them as such. how hard would it be to remove that part from the coding of the train mods? can a road be made blocked that we would run under the tracks? i have a gravel road texture that looks good under them but again functions as a road. iit works in  towns or near factories like DS's blast furnace where the bannies need to walk. a similar texture that was a blocked road would help keep the bannies off the tracks away from town or near  bridges.it would have4 to be a road so it can be used under the train tracks,Necora's blocked empty spaces can not be placed under the tracks.

those are just suggestions and ideas. ent for all modders not just KID. i have more experimenting to do with the 3 train sets so mabye i will come up with more ideas. yes 3 sets,KID's,RED's,and DS has a set included with the industry mod.

Abandoned

If you do not want bannies walking through the tunnels use the decorative tunnel instead of digging a tunnel.  There is a decorative tunnel in Kid's Railway and Red made a separate one. Edit Red's Choo Choo vs 2 includes deco tunnel.

They will walk on or across tracks occasionally but do not use them as roads unless you build a road under them.

Bridges will be used as bridges.  Build a pedestrian bridge with road nearby.

Abandoned

Attention @brads3 and @banishedsanni    I have made a discovery.  Included in Kid Settler mod and now in the separate Settlers Deco mod there is a Blocking Dirt Path intended as a flower bed that bannies will not walk on.  I tested it and it can be used to keep the bannies off the railroad tracks.  It can be laid like a road before or after building the railway tracks and the bannies will avoid it.  Use the matching Dirt Path for area where you want the bannies to cross.  :)

Link to Kid Settlers Deco download can be found here  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3582.0

The Blocking Dirt Path can be made like single road or also alongside - crossing Dirt Path is walked on.  See picture.

Edit   @kid1293 Would it be possible to make the Blocking Dirt Path in a lighter dirt color so the tracks show up better, maybe a gravel one also, with match walkable paths?  I think it would be a good addition to Railway mod.

kid1293

Now you got me thinking. I would like to have some way to 'block'
railroad tracks but none will work on diagonal tracks.
The bannies will run through the gaps. I wait until it is more tested.

One more - the ground under Engines and Cars can not build a
road like that. And it is not possible to make it ghosted.
I would have to change all Cars and Engines to have gravel under.

You can download a test version from my Workshop
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3615.0

brads3

thank you. that looks good,KID from your pics.

Abandoned

The path can be laid on either side of the track where the railway cars are, you can't see under the cars much anyways.  Just have to make sure if it not deco car that some of the walkable paths are laid along the access side of the car.  :)

brads3

hello, can the trade merchant boats be altered as far as their looks? not sure we have enough coding to change the color or style of the trade boats at all.

can the train cars be set to trade out by limit flag or do they have to be set to a spefic item? like can it say clothing or construction and not be specifically leather coats and lumber?

you are correct that we need new modders. they all bring different ideas with them. so many have left us over time  but brought such great ideas and mods with them.we are very lucky to have you still. :D

kid1293

We need the original boat file to decipher the animation.

Trade items only. Not by limits.

Yes, a lot more modders :)

catty-cb

Quote from: brads3 on June 17, 2020, 09:40:03 AM
we are very lucky to have you still. :D

very much a yes to that and thanks for all your efforts over the years kid1293

Have just started building a walled town using the Kid Gothic Fantasy mod

kid1293

Thank you, both of you. :)

;D I have been here so much and done so many things, it looks like I can not stop!

@catty-cb - that town wall with towers side by side is a good idea! No space wasted :)