News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Pine Set compatability

Started by Artfactial, April 26, 2020, 09:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artfactial

Hey,
so I really have been wanting to add Necora's Pine Set to my running savegame for a while.
It's got a big modlist with RK's Editor's Choice and Colonial Charter-The Journey on top.
RK's set changes some of the trees, which are wonderful.
But it does appear to cause incompatability with the Pine Set, like this:

Mainy the two types of Birches and the smaller (Maple?) trees have a different texture-map so have bark among the leaves.
Has anyone run into this or been able to use the two together?

brads3

that i have not seen. did you run tests with debug to be sure everything is working? and check the inventory logs?

let me see,what are you trying to accomplish or get from each mod? you can gain some but will lose some from each as well. what i have found is using flora patch brings pine items onto the maps. then need Crystal Cliffs mod to patch pine to RKEC. there is aproblem with RED's orchards with this setup.the fruit doesn't get collected. simple fix with CC. as i said you win and lose.  you give upo RED's wild animals with CC above.DS industry has a happiness and health system. this can be corrupted as well.much will depend on you goals.

mod order- new flora patch<adds the pine items to map>,Crystal Cliffs< patches so all RK starts work,this may be moved some to tweak if not using RED's starts>,Pine mod, RKEC<if want RED's wild animals> then we have to debate which starts and what main mod you want.

i have a few patches and age mods to offset and override conflicts. to use the CC or Necora's stables to produce domestic animals,add the stables above the RKEC. there is an issue with the oats. you can use other grains to feed the Crystal Cliffs barns without the CC stable mod.

so much of the starts is affected be it animals,grass,trees,gathering,minerals; that it really depends on what you want to have. i can even change the bison skin for the wild bison. but there is no way to get everything from every main mod. many give and takes.

time now figuring things out saves getting crashes or problems later when you have so many years invested in playing. 

Gatherer

I've been using the Pine Set for a long time and have never seen that. I always put it above RKEC and never use CC.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

CookieBarrel

Ran two test
Test one- CC start conditions

Colonial charter J
RKEC
Industrial Mining
Played one year saved. reloaded started save game adjusted order an activated additional mods

New Pine flora
Maritimes pine set
Colonial charter J
RKEC
Industrial Mining
No artifacts or crash (tested Townhall)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Test 2- Start condition Farmer
RKEC
Colonial charter J
Industrial Mining
Played one year saved. reloaded started save game adjusted order an actvated aditional mods

FlaxPatch
New Pine flora
New Flora Edit
Maritimes pine set
RKEC
Colonial charter J
Industrial Mining
No artifacts or crash (Forgot to test Townhall) Most likely you'll need RKECTownhall patch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions
   what position are you trying the pine mode at? What position do you want it in your order.?
Request:
   Could you list your mod order.
Optimism
   There is a way to have Maritimes pine below the other mods but I've not tested a pre-existing game.
Guest I'll try one out.

brads3

COOKIE makes a valid point. if you don't care about losing the gathering items from the map,you can add the mod below a main mod. there will be no pelts and furs,no chanettas,etc and none of the trees added to the map. you could plant the forests with the foresters. may find some other building issues like i mentioned earflier still.

when testing the pine mod,remember there is a delay to items spawning on the map. NECORA built this in to help the balance. you weill need to run these mod orders for several years to know what does and doesn't spawn. then debug and ad many buildings to fully test.

add a case of advil and make coffee before trying. we are not responsable for burned out brain cells.LOL

CookieBarrel

Adding Maritimes pine below other mods in a pre-existing game

Test 3- Start condition Lakes no dirt,Large,mild, Farmer
RKEC
Colonial charter J
Industrial Mining
Played one year saved. reloaded started save game adjusted order an actvated aditional mods

RKEC Townhall patch
One more resource // (this mod over writes Maritine Trees 6 log per tree to CC & DS amount. Not need if using Kid's tree replacer)
Maritine Trees // (you'll need this or kids tree replacer)
FlaxPatch
New Pine flora
New Flora Edit // (or New Flora)
RKEC
Colonial charter J
DSIndustrial Mining
Maritimes Pine set
No artifacts or crash (tested Townhall).

AS brads3 said there will be a delay for spawning (one or two seasons) but everything will spawn.

As an added tidbit bonus, the flax tool from New flora/edit will highlight the pelts and fur for gathering.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Edit:
The reason I use a tree replacer..
When using Maritime pines below RKEC or DSIndustrial Mining or any other major mods.
I experience a 100% crash to desktop as soon as a tree is chopped down.
With the tree replacer no CTD, also I'm able to play with any of the start conditions that comes with the major mod.
Different video cards has effects on banished. So,this may or may not work for you.

Artfactial

Wow, thank you both very much!:)
-My goal is mainly to have the production and recourse buildings(don't think there is another mod that does a Maple Syrup production line).
-And of course to not ruin my savegame of 62 years where I want to at least get another 100 in.:)

So, putting it at the bottom of my load order on my RKEC scenario save game would have been fine. But I got this texture bug no matter if I put it on the bottom or top.
But I was not aware of the list of compatibility fixes and tree replacers that could help, I will try putting those in and see how it turns out.
I'll check back when I have tested around a bit and let you guys know; if this doesn't work we might have to look at my monster modlist or I might have to abandon the idea of safely adding it to my save.
Thanks again, I 'll let you know how it goes!

Nilla

I think that also @kid1293 has a mod with maple syrup but I´m not sure and also I can´t remember which. And his mods are mostly easier to get to run with  other mods.

found it

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=371

Artfactial

Oh, thanks Nilla! That's good to have as a possible back up. Though I really prefer the Pine building style.

Using the load order CookieBarrel suggested and using Kid's Light tree Replacer I've narrowed the tree texture problem down to a single type of birch! This appears to be a problem with a change in leaf panes so it looks off. It is way better than before, but still is pretty noticeable sadly.

The Maritime Trees mod seems to be key in this and I had missed it earlier!
I have yet to try and see what this does on the long run.

I hadn't dared to add  Kid's Tree Replacer and DS Industrial Mining before...
But wow, what a top quality work on both.<3

Oh, and a side-note...With this load order my children appear to be getting re-labeled, this this something done by DS Mining?
I mean 'Evan has become an adult and started working as a Child.' is very historically accurate, that's for sure...:P

Edit:
adding Crystal Cliffs doesn't seem to have a visual effect.
As for debug testing and inventory logging: I'm afraid I'm not quite willing to dig that deep if not absolutely necessary.
While I use more building from CC (prefer the period buildings and economics), RKED is the main mod as I use a RK scenario and don't think it would be wise to switch that now.
Intertestingly, I haven't been able to find the exact Birch tree model that doing weird stuff on the map; non of the decorative items have it. I'll keep going for a bit but yes; brain cells are being burned.:P

Edit 2:
Alright the misshapen trees appear to be Oak trees that have Birch tree textures draped on them.
Kid's Tree Replacer light changes Oaks into Maple. Why this is showing up as Birch is...weird.

Edit 3:
To remove those artifacts I was using 2 tree replacers, Kid's and Maritime Trees (only later noticed I was supossed to use one). It's really weird to me how that fixes the problem for most trees, but the one type. Maybe there is another mod in the list which reverts the oak model back but retains the textures applied by Maritime Trees...But I don't know which would do that (tested it with both CC and RK's above).

brads3

you actually should have a maple sap chain in the CC mod. the orchard forests have  maple trees that give the sap. there is a sugar boiler house that makes the syrup. you can not cross mods with this chain. whatever mod produces the sap has to finish it as well.

when adding any mod to a played map,always add it to the bottom. never try to override the start settings in the middle of a game,trees, gathering , minerals,etc. i am surprised the game tried to load the different trees and had the affects to them. by adding to the bottom or the mod order,  the buildings and planting forests should have added but most of the pine mod shouldn't have even tried to load to the game. adding to an already plaed map comes with risks.

based on you analysis of the effcts being the oak tree, you could try adding a mod above the pine that does code the oak tree. not sure what mod that might be. do you have the seasonFX mod? if it is not being used in your mod setup, i would try it. 

you should be able to add the Maritimes fishing and dock mod without any issues and the pine mod shouldn't be needed for it to work.

Artfactial

Wow...you're right. I've been out of it so long that I forgot about CC's Maple Syrup production. I'm an idiot.

I tried to load the Pine Set at the bottom with the Maritime Trees above it, just to see what it will do...And it actually works. Trees look fine now and I have access to all buildings!
So it still would be wisest not to add it at all at this point?
I do use Seasonal FX and suspected it might edit oaks, even if it doesn't say so in the description.
I've really grown to love Kid's trees during testing, but RK's are still are very pretty.
I guess I'll add some via decorating!

Alright, well I (re)learned a lot.
Thank you both for the help, sorry to bother!:)

CookieBarrel

Glad to hear things worked out! wait one minute
Sap, sap, is that what this was all about. Talk about barking up the wrong tree.:)

Seriously, this was a fun exercise. I was totally surprised Maritimes Pine could be added to an existing game.
Sorry about 'Evan! I was guessing at your load order.

Is this game (is or) going to be a story?

Artfactial

Gehe, well, the sap was the biggest point. The new trees and other buildings are very nice too, of course.:)
Yes, it was very interesting to see. Almost tempted to enable the Pine Set and Maritime trees now and just let it run to see how far it'll get.

And yes, it's my Coastal Connecticut map for my running village blog, currently in the year 1701.
I try to keep it as historically accurate and keep track of the genealogy of the settlers, so it's already got a lot of work into it and would be horrible if the save got corrupted prematurely.
You're welcome to check it out.:)
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2835.0

brads3

i'd make several saves but yes it should work. adding it should add the buildings and forest options. you still miss much of the pine mods gathering system,trapping, and trees that spawn to the start maps. only reason i could see that it affected the oak,is the oak has been left standard by all the other mods you are using.

i like the options with the pine mod even when i don't use many of the buildings. the traps and nests are cleared by the laborers.htis does help give some textile and clothiing options. does give a look of bees,if you add the flora patch when you start maps, but they don't clear well.  there are 2 gathering tools for RKEC and the pine. 1 thing i have noticed is RED's orchard forests don't work with the gathering hut. easy fix by adding the CC orchard mod or in your case the CC J.

least you have ma ny new ideas for the next map. you may want to look at adding the train mods. depending on how long or what era you plan to cover. they should add to the bottom even now. i think you'l like the DS factories. lot more work to buld but they look and match the timeframe well.

Artfactial

Yeah, the Pine mod really has a lot of nifty things.:)
I'm going to give it a go. Add it and, play around a bit on a separate save(and have the originals backed up safely just in case).
I pretty much make always save in a new slot anyway.

Yeah, lots of inspiration definitely!
I already have Choo-Choo installed, but only recently saw Kid has his own train stuff. Right now, I don't know if the save will last into the 19th century, but it would be awesome.
DS's Industry Mining looks incredible, I have the old DS Blast Furnace and Town Houses C installed but added Industry Mining during the testing today and it didn't appear to break anything straight away, except for giving the children 'child' jobs.:\
There's really awesome buildings in there but not sure if I should risk adding that one too.