News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MegaMod 8 crashes

Started by mARTIn1900, May 07, 2020, 08:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mARTIn1900

Hello,

I am not new to Banished, have played over 2000 hours on Steam with CC, the old MegaMod and some other mods.
Today I installed MM 8 for the first time without any problem.
I started a new map and had first a longer look around so see what is new to me.
There are two ,, french lilies" buttons. The left one showes a lot from Kid and the canal from RedKetchup. The moment I push the second lilie the game crashes. Does anyone know why?
Only the MM is in use, no other mods.

brads3

did u upgrade the game to the latest 1.07 version? did u add the recommended compatability mod from CC?

mARTIn1900

I do have the 1.07 version. I did not know about a comp. mod. I will install that now! Thank you!

brads3

after that we'll look at mod order. 

mARTIn1900

I have the comp. mod installed. I have it over the 3 megamod parts. It still crahes on the second ,,lily" and on the EK button. No other mods active.

brads3

build code must be 170910. there were a couple beta versions before the final. i believe the compatability 1.07 mod has to be above the MM parts. there are a few of the parts to the MM. i don't use it as the file is too big for my computer. can you show a pic of what you mean by lilly? have you checked the CC site for others having issues?

mARTIn1900

https://i.redd.it/ku10klhfwgs41.png

The 4th from the right. Its the old french symbol.

mARTIn1900

So I re installed the whole game. Then started again without any mods. Then added MM and comp.mod.
That way the game started and the toolbar had only one of these ,,lillies" instead of two. Plus the button with the three people on it which was missing before. Everything worked fine, I run through all buildings, modders and services.
Then I wanted to leave this map and start a new game as this was only a random map as a test.
The game crashed and on steam it says: the game is still running. I left.

brads3

did you remember to exit when you enabled the mods? that is the most common mistake.

brads3

mARTIn1900

Yes I left after changing the mod settings. The CC mod is the one on steam. But it is included in the MM so I do not use the CC mod.
I am going to try again after lunch. What I would like to know too is: can I use mods that are version 2 of mods included in the MM that are only version 1? Like the traders version from Discrepancy

brads3

step 1 is get the MM 8 to work. then look at adding to it. from what i read at the CC site,yes you can. with my computer limits,i prefer adding mods myself. it does gove me more control on how they interact and what affects they have.

CookieBarrel

Quote from: mARTIn1900 on May 07, 2020, 03:29:59 PM
Then I wanted to leave this map and start a new game as this was only a random map as a test.
The game crashed and on steam it says: the game is still running. I left.
Always "Exit" completely out of banished before starting a new game. You've just experienced the reason why.
Since, you've reinstalled the game it cleared you're registry of persistent mods being enabled.
Under general discussion you'll find the mod manager thread. Read up on this.
There are threads about the registry issue so, just do a search on this site.
Also this thread under mod disc. .bat File for Automatic Registry Mod Cleanup

mARTIn1900

Thanks for all the help to everybody!

I never had any problems with the game before MM. I could start and re load, or save and finish without any problems. Adding mods over steam was also easy, though not all mods work together.
But I knew that and sorted things out the way it worked best. Only the upgrade of the tailor never worked.
Atm the MM runs. I have tried with the trader where to put it: above MM it works, under not.

rkelly17

Changing mods (especially map script mods)  has often led to the crash you refer to: crash on exit. It didn't seem to crash after the first time. Back in the early days of modding when new mods were coming fast and furious and I was changing a lot, I would go into Banished's registry file and delete all the keys referring to mods. Then I changed the mods and no crashes. There were two registry keys for each mod. For the last several years I have a settled list that I haven't changed, so I no longer remember the name of the keys. I know we discussed it here on World of Banished, so you might find the thread by searching. Right now I am working on my wife's computer (mine suffered a fatal crash last week and I'm still waiting for parts to arrive for a fix) and I don't want to mess with her registry. I did put Banished on her computer (with her permission) and downloaded and activated the latest MegaMod. I've only added the CC NoSmoke mod (above) and no issues.