News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Chillville

Started by MarkAnthony, July 23, 2019, 12:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

clear  the land 1st so you can see where you ay them out.pause the game. choose which style you want and remember it. lay out the canals,as many sections as you can. this allows you to see the arrows which tell the direction of the water flow. does become important to see also when doing turns. a wharehouse or carts will help move stone and speed up the work.once you have the sections layed out, you can pause them individually.

RED does have a terraform tool to help with adding or removing dirt. this is handy if you need to remove a section and replace it.you will need to terraform the dirt back before setting the replacement.you may want to add another terraform tool there are a couple CC has 1 that lets you dig  down in at different depths or raise the ground above 0. NECORA's riffle mod also has some that allow for angled digging.these can help when working near rivers or lakes. at the lake ends, the water table can stop short and you may see voids. if you see voids beside the lake canal section,you can terraform out into the lake farther and move the canal gate out another tile past it. 

moonbelf

Canals can be tricky. Save save save your game every time you do another bit of canal and pause your game for each section. Make sure the water is flowing the right direction on all canal parts. It does NOT work out well to remove after a section is built but easy to delete that section before. Make sure you place bridges to cross it as you go. Place fishing, storage, mill, trading post etc as you go. Again, those aren't things to place later as you can't.

I'm still grappling with canals and some map layouts are easier to work with than other but I have successfully done canals now about 3 times .. with much grumbling and muttering lol.

Ahh yes as @brads3 says, clear the land first. Really important.

MarkAnthony

@brads3

Aww, unfortunately I cannot get either of them not Necora's (Dropbox 404 error) and Black Liquid's download section is offline since they are redoing their site.

May I have your copies of those and any other ones you think I should have, especially ones you find really interesting?

Many thanks!

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: moonbelf on July 24, 2019, 10:28:02 AM
Canals can be tricky.     .....   Make sure you place bridges to cross it as you go. Place fishing, storage, mill, trading post etc as you go. Again, those aren't things to place later as you can't.
Hi @moonbelf   Can you explain why you cannot place them down later?

moonbelf

ok well actually you can but it's a PITA, at least for me. You have to destroy the section of canal, then rebuild the squares and then place your bridge etc. Rebuilding is the tricky part. For me it never seems to turn out very well and I sometimes wind up with "holes" where there shouldn't be any. Hence my advice, but to each his own :)

moonbelf

Re Necoras's .. try the direct download link rather than the dropbox
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1700.msg33110#msg33110

MarkAnthony

Thanks @moonbelf  I was using the link provided in the mod's actual download page which only included the Dropbox link.

EDIT: Unfortunately I ran into the same issue for three of her other mods too:

Maritimes NS Inshore Fisheries V103
Maritimes PEI Shore Fisheries V105
Maritimes Dock Set

Your link above showed me where to look for that first one you helped me with so I'll try looking for these three there as well.

irrelevant

Quote from: MarkAnthony on July 24, 2019, 10:36:30 AM
Quote from: moonbelf on July 24, 2019, 10:28:02 AM
Canals can be tricky.     .....   Make sure you place bridges to cross it as you go. Place fishing, storage, mill, trading post etc as you go. Again, those aren't things to place later as you can't.
Hi @moonbelf   Can you explain why you cannot place them down later?
Those items are part of the canal itself. eta: There are canal sections with bridges built in, with a TP built in, etc.

moonbelf

Quote from: MarkAnthony on July 24, 2019, 10:53:03 AM
Thanks @moonbelf  I was using the link provided in the mod's actual download page which only included the Dropbox link.

So you got it then? From the google drive link?

MarkAnthony

Quote from: moonbelf on July 24, 2019, 10:59:08 AM
So you got it then? From the google drive link?
Yeah thanks Moonbelf, got all four of those downloaded and yes all via Google Drive links.    :)

Quote from: irrelevant on July 24, 2019, 10:54:48 AM
Those items are part of the canal itself. eta: There are canal sections with bridges built in, with a TP built in, etc.
Thank you Irrelevant.   :)                

MarkAnthony

Quote from: moonbelf on July 23, 2019, 01:24:10 PM
@MarkAnthony If you do a plantation from RKEC it will not only grow fruits it was also add logs as they cut down and replant. However you'll have to put a gatherer there to pick up the fruit baskets around the plantation (learned this the hard way lol). Depending on the fruits you grow, they can be used for making alcohol. Also, the driftwood loggers at your docks can gather a really good amount of logs. Just some different ways for you to explore getting logs :)
Had no idea about the Driftwood Loggers until today when I decided to sit down and teach myself how to do docks like everyone seems to do all the time!  Then I saw it -- hiding in the Docks section with some other stuff!   :D

By Plantations do you mean the Orchard Lodges? I still haven't tried the Orchard Lodges yet.

moonbelf

Sorry yes the Orchard Lodges.

When you place one, clear out all the other trees and ores etc. No worries about clearing trees, bannies will not clear the orchard or plantation trees only the regular trees.

MarkAnthony

MarkAnthony

Quote from: 1 on July 24, 2019, 11:29:02 AM
@MarkAnthony are you missing some maritimes mods?
Link:

https://mega.nz/#F!YbJFjK4Q!V49RjFX3hqLB3sGZl680vg
Thank you for that, got it bookmarked!   :)

EDIT: Actually, I'll just grab them all now while I can... just in case! :P

Edit again: And yeah I see it's all in one nice downloadable .zip!

grammycat

If you still want the grouse, you can keep it enabled and buy them from a trader.  Very nice start indeed.