News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Will be back ! Suggestions made* !

Started by RedKetchup, November 03, 2016, 03:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

RED it must be the weekend,cause these people are drunk. they think they are in  disney world,designing amusement parks.lol
abandoned has a point. a greenhouse for some seeds would be nice.  say seeds for the wild foods we gather<berries,ginger,roots,mushrooms,etc. but what would we use early game to supply the GH??? as for farm tools,that might work as aproduction change later in game but does nothing to help at start.

as to a smuggler cave,it fits a pirate theme more than a banished. i usually think of banis as settling new lands maybe with indians or nomadic tribes to give you nomads. guess if u had huge casstle towns you might find a robinhood. a small group living in a cave eating berries and fish is 1 thing. but who are they goina attack or raid from???  if we go from CC then later in game we could  trade muskets or alcohol for various items. then you will need a still.

i think the indian trader CC has is a good idea but the trade items and values are not.i actually think the trade is backwards.

Abandoned

@brads3  No point getting seeds for wild crops, just make a gatherer instead of a farmer.  Kids new vegetable garden is pretty good,  and has a start condition to get seeds for the veggies on easy and medium difficulty.  You need a farmer, crop is harvested early, then you need a worker for the work place to get a nice assortment of vegetables.  I have greenhouse, and 2 ports (one specialized) with seedling waiting for grain after 5 years.  Any building that requires certain crop is a long wait.  lol can't even get drunk at tavern without the right crop to brew the stuff.  Could probably get to Disney world and back sooner.  Maybe smuggler could attack seed trader for barrels of seeds or sacks of flour.

Can't wait to try ChooChoo

brads3

i do have the garden mod,but since i use CC i have to wait for seeds. i would like a orchard 1 that does blue and rasberry and apples.just like 4 basic fruits. the garden does give the banis more variety. plus it is more of what a garden would be rather than 1 crop.
  as to you attacking the trader,then he will never come back. serves you all right dont it?   your theme ideas arent all bad. a candle lit christmas tree with a sleigh. but i see them as decorations more than buildings the banis use.the banished game play is more about survival and building a prosperous town than about the fighting and attacking.
   not to be a spoil sport ,RED. i think the cave should b more hidden. if you was smugling and raiding, would you want ppl to find your hideout so easy? or is there  canons and new walls and towers to guard it forthcoming too?

Abandoned

hey @brads3 , I agree with you on Banish survival and building, would not like it if it where fighting and attacking.  Plenty of other games for that.  Tree of Life mod won't work with CC, that puts wild fruit and nut trees around the map to gather fruit & nuts, really like that mod and that wild oats one too. I would think a fruit and berry one could be made like the vegetable garden one.  I like your idea of a Christmas theme mod.  Good thing I don't know how to make mods or you would end up with gingerbread houses to live in and a Christmas cookie bakery, hot cocoa and eggnog at the tavern, a nativity set statue for in front of the church, santa's workshop. I would like a Christmas theme mod too, and Christmas train cars and wrapped present for choo choo mod.  Wow, Santa village and choo choo.

paralias

may i suggest something that's not a building? i would like to be able to assign more builders to build. not just 2.especially at the bigger buildings. i prefer to all ... it can start with 2 but i would like to increase the number. and the job will be done a lot faster..

The Pilgrim

Ok red... Now I'm going to get greedy and double down on the request for more F variants on the country house. Please🙏

brads3

lol pilgrim. i wanta see more uses of the "click connect" of that house. i did ask,n they made the colonial barn that way. nicely extendable. not sure what other buildings would fit the idea. do like the way it looks,1 building with multiple functions.combined with the new garden mod. we can almost make a homestead for 2 ppl and a child or 2 to run.we need a workshed that gives makes its own tools,clothes, and firewood. RED could a trade post be set up similar to what u have done with the train?? to look like a shed with a workshop on 1 side and a wood pile on the other,takes so many iron,leather,logs,etc gives out x amount of tools,coats and firewood per yr??

Tilleen

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 05, 2016, 06:30:53 AM
Quote from: DesoPL on November 05, 2016, 04:32:33 AM
The purpose of smuggler's cave is to produce random goods and random number. Of course not overpowered, but something to begining the game when you run out of tools etc. :)

that function exists ?? i need to ask BlackLiquid Team :P cause i have no idea.

I would have thought that it's main purpose would be to be safe from tornados!

RedKetchup

i sent a PM to Kralyerg but so far... no answers. so it is on the ice for the moment.
i ve tried to draw a cove but .... nothing concrete so far, i cannot "see" pictures of a good model to base myself on it.

so i will certainly pass to next project or suggestion on the list.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

I think it should work if you just delete the content of
ConsumeRawMaterial

ConsumeProduceDescription consumeproduce
{
Product _products
[
{
/*
ConsumeRawMaterial _consumeMaterials
[
{
ComponentDescription _material = "Template/RawMaterialIron.rsc";
int _count = 1;
}
{
ComponentDescription _material = "Template/RawMaterialWood.rsc";
int _count = 1;
}
]
*/
ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialTool.rsc";
ResourceLimit _resourceLimit = Tools;
}
{
/*
ConsumeRawMaterial _consumeMaterials
[
{
ComponentDescription _material = "Template/RawMaterialLeather.rsc";
int _count = 2;
}
]
*/
ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialLeatherCoat.rsc";
ResourceLimit _resourceLimit = Clothing;
}
]
int _workRequired = 50;
float _workTime = 4.0;
int _initialProduct = -1;

and remove the box for choosing product.
The apiary builds something for nothing!

DesoPL

So for now Cove is not avaliable.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1249.0

But maybe this one? Yep i maded some suggestions and i feel bad!

Abandoned

It would be a shame if such a nice looking cave and skull fence did not make it into the game.  Could @DesoPL smuggler's cave not just be made into a trading post?

DesoPL

Quote from: Abandoned on November 12, 2016, 08:11:06 AM
It would be a shame if such a nice looking cave and skull fence did not make it into the game.  Could @DesoPL smuggler's cave not just be made into a trading post?

Well not bad idea at all.

RedKetchup

yes i guess it can serves as trading post.... i still dont have any news from @kralyerg  and their website isnt fixed....
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@RedKetchup , I've just begun a small mountain map using your Choo Choo mod, so far so good.  I really like the looks of it, I have not gotten as far as the game play or trading yet, just building tracks.  I have one problem.  I cannot build a tunnel through the mountain to the end of the map to make it appear as if that is where the train comes from.  I do not need a tunnel there for town people to walk through.  My suggestion or request is for a decorative only tunnel entrance with a bit of track.  I hope it would be possible without to much extra time or work for you.  Thank you.