News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Rungers

Started by brads3, September 16, 2018, 07:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 27-29

the new orchards  produced over 1700 raspberries.i checked on the laborers.they wreck pine items and never collect the goods.traps,beaver lodges and bird nests are just destroyed.i will have to investigate further.

our struggles continue.as we tried to conserve stone for buildings,we ran short on tools.we do have more firewood and our food is break even.gain 1 point lose another.3 nomads arrive to help us. they will build a small village to the south. this will supply the south mine and forest workers.we also need to add a 3rd school. it will be built in the farm village.

we will take the next set of nomads.there are 7. the land to the south is very limited on usage.there are a couple mountain passes for some small forests.otherwise it is all mountains.the food outputs will not be much.these new nomads will head across the east bridge and build  houses and then work the pass.if needed, they can grow crops along the river.

pic 1:farm school
pic 2:south forest village and sawmill

brads3

YEAR 30 REVIEW

WE had hoped to recover better than we did.if we can make stone tools, they last longer.we recover tools,build, and break more tools.tis a never ending circle.our population has only grown by 45 with only 9 houses added.we now are 43% exducated.our diets are more balanced.we have shipped lots of iron,iron and copper ores,and coal.the extended trader has traded away the flowers.it did send coats in exchange for seed.once every few years there is some precious ores traded for a little food or some tools.once the newest forest is planted ,we can start shipping logs.hopefully by then we have a strong recovery.if the city will send us tools and food for the logs,we will add more mines.we had 2 deaths,1 from a cave in and 1 of old age.

that was a rough 10years.too many  shortages to struggle thru.we did make some gains. the 2 seeds have helped our health as well as more herbs.most of our educated workers were sent to food production.we have 2 clinics and 3 schools.another mine and forest were completed. they should improve our trade outputs.the extended trade post did pay off well.

pic 1:year 30 stats and meadow outputs
pic 2: production
pic 3:inventory and FO forest outputs
pic 4:tool graph

brads3

YEAR 30-31

to help produce more clothes,a mini workshop is built near the log depot.hopefully soon a smith or shop will be staffed with an educated worker.
        i went with 2 pine vanilla foresters in the mountain pass.this will be a test to how well they produce and what items are collected.1 hunter and 1 herbalist plus 2 gathering huts.

pic 1:pine vanilla forests

brads3

YEAR 32-33

to get more stone,a quarry is worked on the backside of the mine mountain.a vanilla mine is dug as well.we will need more raised houses for the workers.we have 20 mine and quarry workers.the forests have produced over 1000 logs. 300 are sent to the small trade post.

we clear land to the south for 2 fields.there is room for a future orchard.another fisherman is sent out also.this will keep everyone fed.all our new graduates have houses.

pic 1:RK stone quarry
pic 2: worker houses
pic 3: south farms

brads3

YEAR 34-35
       we start work on our 10th forest set. a vanilla RK with a hunter residence cabin north of our fams.this will increase our leather and meat.

our mines produce over 125 stone,70 iron,75 iron ore and coal.they also find some other minerals and salt.the forests cut well over 1000 logs each year.we now can ship logs and iron for the railraods.the city will send tools, food,and other  supplies.with all the mountains,more mines can be dug there are some open canyons to the north for forests.

our doctors are dealing with a case of the mumps.it is our first sickness in 35 yrs.the safer mines mod has done its job so less accidents and sicknesses happen. 

pic 1:forest #10
piv 2 mine outputs

brads3

YEAR 35 REVIEW

i was sick the weekend. i did have some years ahead so was able to put posts out.not much else got done however.the small village has done its job.logs and iron are produced enough to ship. other than the large TP no iron was used.i should do another map with no iron as there is much more that can be built.
        the forests are different. there is no aspens and other deciduous trees.most likely due to not having the CC mods.they are not as diverse as prior maps.the overabundance of textiles has been fixed.this is a give and take again.there are no traps being cleared nor firewood scattered around.the odd part is the pine mod traps,beaver lodges, and bird nests apear on the map,yet we gain nothing by clearing them.it is unusual that they appear at all with such a conflict.i do need to test a trapper.Necora did work on the mod so the laborers were able to clear and collect items.with the pine 1.04 mod that part worked well, but then there was too much pelts and furs collected.

ABANDONED's suggestions will correct the inconsistent nomad issue easily.i can swap the tethering post for the welcome sign. i quickbuilt 2 trapper huts to test them.instantly they began to bring in the pine items and clear traps.

population 196,40 students in 59 houses and 1 boardinghouse.55 % educated.

pic 1: yr 35 stats
pic 2: production
pic 3:inventory
pic 4: population graph

Abandoned

@brads3 what's with those workers houses?  Are those from Old Town?  Where are the lower levels?  Why raised houses, are you expecting floods?  ;D

Hope you are feeling better

brads3

hahaha,yes they are the old towne 2nd and some 3rd floor houses. i used the inside fort corners to raise them up.the 1 next to the mine wouldn't let me place the corners so i used the old workplace cover roof. and yes those low areas out by that river will flood. especially the one the river wraps around. since we couldn't use iron we had to invent a way to raise the houses we had.

i actually live in the NE US.in the spring we do have floods from snow melting. worse if the rains come to melt the snow.much of the land near the rivers is farm fields.nowadays the state gov's are dumber and more of the land is built on.this year,Pa has been hit realy hard.the ground can't hold anymore water.raods have been tore up and eroded as the rain poured and ran down the hillsides. everything south of me to the carolinas has flooded.
     i do have a levee between me and the river, bout 5 blocks south of me.the last few weeks the rains have started to cause flooding to the west more.had tornadoes last night bout an hour and half south.

Abandoned

ah ha, raising houses without using iron, I see  :)

Have seen flooding on the news  :( Problems with flooding here in north central US also, a lot of torrential rains this year, severe storms, and tornadoes too.  It used to be only in spring if a lot of snow melted quickly the rivers would flood, now it is all year and not just rivers, roads too. Stay safe  :)