News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Less rain

Started by Kaldir, May 31, 2014, 01:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldir

Now that Luke mentioned the mod kit once again, I thought of one mod I'd love: one that makes it rain less often. I love the weather effects (and don't want to turn them off), including the rain but mostly the snow. And the change of weather is really cool.
But gosh, does it rain often and often in Banished.

rkelly17

I hate it when it rains when I want to plan--on my computer it is super dark when it is raining.

Kaldir

Planning is hard indeed, and screenshots look dull with the heavy rain.

nmid

I agree...
I've turned off my weather effects because of the hit (...other synonyms here?) to visibility.

slink

I did that too, finally.  Even though I liked the sound effects for the thunderstorms.

rkelly17

You can turn off the weather effects??? Man, you learn something everyday. Does that mean that there's no snow?

salamander

No rain and no snow ... 'nothing but blue skies from now on'.  The wind sound is still there.  I haven't had a tornado since I turned the weather effects off, but I'd guess that would still show up -- it would be weird to have buildings and people being destroyed/killed for no apparent reason.  :o

slink

Snow magically appears on the terrain.  Nothing falls from the sky, though, and the light doesn't dim.

rkelly17

Yeah! I turned off the weather effects and now I can see! Snow on the ground but not in the sky.

RedKetchup

less raid YES but also ... less smoke from houses , it s ugly as hell
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Demonocracy

I love the rain.  I'd love it if it were possible to have it going year-round.  I know it's a detriment to visibility, but... the sound.  Goodness, the sound.  Beautiful.

Then again... it would be hard to see if it were on all the time.  So essentially, I don't mind at all when it comes, but I am happy when it's not there too.

Likewise, snow is difficult in spotting the difference between wooden houses and stone houses.  I don't mind though.  It's beautiful also.

RedKetchup

in caesar IV we had rains, but also some lightnings hitting the ground... and the sound was awesome too ^^

but ya, i still like rain, but god! please less often !

also, i know i play with disaster off... what you think about lightnings hitting the ground and get forest fire ?? wouldnt be great ? haha
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

salamander

@Demonocracy  -- deposed slum lord and eternal optimist, great combination.  ;)

rkelly17

@Demonocracy, you love rain? You're not from Vancouver or Seattle, are you? One of the hard parts for this California boy now living 30 years in Southern Ontario is not the cold Winters. It's the eternal gray of November. I get quite testy when it's been two weeks since anyone saw the Sun. Give me -25 C and Sun any day. This year I had to go to a meeting in Saskatoon (where there are plug-ins in parking lots for your block heater) in February and I thought, "Well, -30 or 40, but at least the Sun will be shining." Wouldn't you know it, they had a warm spell (-15 or so) and it was cloudy.

I like Sun in Banished, too. And I've not noticed less smoke from chimneys since I turned off weather effects.

salamander

@rkelly17 -- I don't want to get into a pi##ing contest with you, but you should try the Pacific Northwest sometime, if you want to be depressed by persistent, no-end-in-sight, you're-doomed drizzle.  I include the NW US and Canadian BC.