News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Chunkerview

Started by brads3, April 14, 2019, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 23

2 houses are built and fields cleared for new graduates. a meeting hall is buit for the colonial village.

we trade for 3 bison.since we hit the textile limit,it is doubled and clothing limit increased.an OT general trade post will add to the fort. this should draw more merchant boats hopefully,they will bring more needed supplies.

pic 1: more fields
pic 2:yr 23 merchant, assortment of goods but little food
pc 3: meeting hall
pic 4: bison trade
pic 5:Old Town stone TP stocks

brads3

YEAR 24

the new fields will be planted in broccoli and cabbage.onnce it warms up to 35 degrees and planting starts,the laborers can go to work.a 30x15 pasture is cleared for the beef cattlethis keeps them near the dung pile.the small pasture can be used for the bison temporarily.

the 5 nomads that arrive in late spring will stay.the oldest teen decided to go to school the younger 2's want to work instead.together they will finish the industrial plaza and begin to dig the mine.the girl was a fast learner and graduated by winter.

a merchant brought livestock.chickens and milk cows.the 4 chickens will have to hang out at the docks until the bannies finish the pasture and rotate the animals.the bison will stay in the grazing area.the chickens  go to their pasture as soon as the cattle were moved.

just before harvest,a mixed merchant arrives with some food.we take on 2000 units.the extra OT post has worked well.

a forester was killed by a falling tree. the combo forester has planted for several years and now has to cut trees for the wharehouse village.with the trees he planted,blueberries have grown well.

food production shows progress.the fields are doing better with the 2 markets emptying storage.we just need more educated workers.a quick hunter is sent now and then as herds come by.we doubled the workers at the fishing pier.still the laborers have to make time to gather more.

pic 1:yr 24 nomads,note the 1 student who  also graduates this year.
pic 2:chicken trade
pic 3: food trade
pic 4: 3rd river pasture
pic 5:combo forester after several years of just cutting
pic 6: after he planted for several years

brads3

YEAR 25

we clear another 30x15 pasture for the bison. that leaves the longhorns in what was suppose to be a pig pasture.i probably should have done these pastures in a different size.this is what fit with the river.you can get 500+ food from smaller pasturesthe chicken and pig should be close to that production size. 500 makes for a nice round number to work with.each food worker then feeds 5 bannies. above that is insurance for bad years and newborns.this nordic climate does make it much harder to maintain that average.

we ran short  of stone. that led to a tool shortage. i said we needed to get a mine started soon.we make a good tool trade. taking on pitched amd wood tools will buy us time.the farmers have to gather food once they are done harvesting crops.

a 7x7 greenhouse for beans,the industrial plaza,and 2 houses are completed. the bison pasture is almost finished.food production falls by 2000.1 young couple still live at the boardinghouse.next year we need to increase stocks and limits.

pic 1: 25yr food graph
pic 2: food trade
pic 3: tool trade
pic 4: industry market
pic 5:progress on the pasture

brads3

YEAR 26

while the mine is dug,cleanup on some areas will begin we need to clear trees to see and extend roads.the couple from the boardinghouse will move north to begin the building and processing for the pine village. there is  250 maple sap,almost 200 pine boughs,and 50 pine resin.

a colorful pine cabin is built. this village will need firewood,so a chopper works near the pine storage shed.this is quite universal and will store almost everything. thou DON says i should test the RK charcoal,a PM kiln will be used.a pine blacksmith will make pine bough tools this should help avoid another tool shortage.the kiln produced over 140 charcoal very quicky and was shut down. we want to save those pine boughs for tools.

the Pine Mod has "mixed" foresters. they are unique to this mod. you have a choice of apples  and maples or pine firs.the maple is a good food producer the pine forest produces items to be processed for trading.there is different tools,clothing,yarn,twine,and turpentine can be made.the pine forest should give more flax also. much of the items do spawn from the trees.1 of the reasons i added the 3rd trading post was to hande moving the extra pine items.in time,this village will grow from between the 2 forests to the lake.

the bannies have worked hard. i do need to file a report. with this mod setup,there is a lot of tree regrowth.i do not have a dense forest mod enabled.without the fodder growing and spreading out,these trees mutiply and are thick. it is much harder to see, even to layout roads in winter.these bannies do like to protect RED's flowers. they have set a lot of snare traps outside the fort for rabbits.i have no logical explanation as to why they do that.

pic 1:growth of the pine mod forests.south of the maple is still RK trees uncut.note how thick they are
pic 2:PM BS options,the outputs are low due to un-educated nomad workers
pic 3: PM kiln
pic 4: RK random mine
pic 5: trees cleared around the greenhouses
pic 6: bison pasture

brads3

YEAR 27

more fields are cleared. carrots and blueberris are planted.a granny production park is added to the east wharehouse vlllage.graduates from the plantation school,begin planting orchards. 

we take in 2000 milk and 30 more pitched tools. a merchant arrived at RED's farm TP. he brought 2 more bison.in mid winter,we took on 1000 muchrooms and 500 watermelons.

pic 1: blueberry orchard and carrot field
pic 2:granny park
pic 3: clearing orchards

brads3

YEAR 28

the plantation village has another educated couple.we will clear another orchard for cherry trees.a blacksmith will be setup to help our tool outputs and a food market.an old KID  market puzzle food vendor will be used.this1.06 mod isn't affected by the new limt flags. it does cover a large radius than some others.a mini workshop will wood tools if we run short of other materials.a GF beekeeper will pollinate the fruit trees and shrubs.finally we have the graduates to produce more food.

while the bannies cleared a 25x15 pasture for the longhorns,they built a school.this will help educate the children west of the river.

we take in 1500 fish and chips and 700 eggs at the small general trade post. we also traded copper ore for 100 thatch.hopefully the bannies don't burn it all.

there is enough barley stored that 1 field is switched to cucumbers.this will leave 2 for barley.with the blueberries and apples producing,food production has improved. we can accept nomads next year.

the storage has come  a long ways when the game upgraded to 1.07 and the new limit flags,there was many changes made. for a while,markets stored too many flags.as the players and modders learned the new flags,things were adjusted.i still have some items flagged the old way.mostly under the textile limit.it was neccessary to get some mods to function.i still have old market sets that do work quite well.the old industrial market and SLINK's set do store minerals without issues.

we have a ton of options.small sheds,carts,crates,all the way up to huge food barns with cellars. even the piles can be covered or enclosed.there are storages for the forests that will store stone and logs.different market options help concentrate items in 1 location.the bannies can still scatter some items around the maps.the vendors bring them back for workers quite well.

i only found a few old, 1.06 mod markets that had issues.the vendor wasn't able to unload the goods and got stuck in a loop.i think it happened with salt and Necora's maple sap. those markets were removed.i do miss the old emporium. it was a nice,general, woodland storage,kinda like a hunting lodge style to it. some of DS' older mods did get stuck. those were upgraded with some differences.otherwise most 1.06 mods do work well. they also help keep the new flagged items away.this cuts down on the scattering.

pic 1:platation orchards
pic 2:longhorn pasture
pic 3: GF school
pic 4: some of the fort storage,
pic 5: west storage and wharehouses.the industrial plaza and SLINKS's market.

brads3

YEAR 29

graduates from the fort move east and plant more fields. graduates from the plantation school have started orchards. that part of the plan works.still this map goes slower than i had hoped.hopefully with the food improved,things will speed up.once we get to about 10 students graduatng every few years,villages with churches can be built quickly.maybe by year 100,i'll have all the churches done.

we decide to help the production area this year.an EB farmers market wll keep the workers supplied with food and tools. the industrial market moves materials.land is cleared around the mine for a workpile and road.this should speed its production.

the 7 nomads can stay.we have enough food.they move west. the mine will have 5 workers another greenhouse will grow more sweet potatoes.

firewood limit to 1500,tools and clothinig to 500,food to 30,000.  a merchant was hauling glass and ironwe took 150 glass,enough for 3 RK greenhouses, and 20 iron.

pic 1:EB farm market
pic 2: mione clearing
pic 3: cleared up along the pasture road

brads3

YEAR 30 REVIEW

population 193,106 working adults,26 students in 48 houses.education 56%. we accepted 26 nomads,then worked hard to keep them fed. we overcame a tool shortage. thatch has died off and there is a lot of regrowth of trees.not major but has slowed progress. this is really a double edged sword we needed the food that came with those trees.we will have to take time to do more cleanup.

3 more pastures were cleared, 2 are already full and we will have beef this year. greenhouses were built and we have glass to build more.the pasture workers do have a school.the pine mod forests have a trapper and started work on a village. a random miine has been dug and a production village zoned. trading has been expanded.this has helped bring more boats.that did save us from a tool shortage.

to deal with the regrowth,i'd like to get the food production up to a +5000 per year without the laborers helping. then the laborers can use the time in late fall and winter to cut trees.we shoud build up a reserve of stone and iron ore. if we can afford the food,2 sets of nomads woud help. 1 can build the pine village,1 the production area,and 1 group to start a village off south end of the pastures.how much of that can i accomplish?

pic 1; yr 30 stats,sti hae 1 meadow not overgrown
pic 2: production
pic 3; inventory
pic 4; food and popuation graphs

brads3

YEAR 30

we  won't take nomads this year.instead,housing for graduates will be built.fields for cucumbers and lettuce are plowed.a RH office was built for the production village.we did get trees cleared from inside the fort walls.

the laborers spent less time gathering food, but production was up +2000.the office did use up stone and iron.

pic 1:2 more fields,
pic 2 RH office

brads3

YEAR 31

the log count has to be increased.the laborers head north to the forests.trees need to be cleared for the pine village.a church will be built, while they begin to open up more land. a townhall and school will also be constructed.the builders did some digging to get the road extended to the river.a pine loom is set up to process the flax into linen.

the 6 nomads will stay.they are needed at the pine village.

by now the laborers do have items scattered around the map.the various wharehouse markets can work to  move these items to a central location. this will open storage space in our barns.like the dung pile,the workers only need to help off and on. most of the time they can help the laborers.

we made some good food trades this year. the bannies will cut trees around the outside of the fort walls during the winter.

pic 1: north forest road,someday a ridge here will lead to RK orchard forests
pic 2: PINE townhall,church,and school
pic 3: yr 31 industry plaza and farm stand stocks,
pic 4: wharehouse stocks,not needed full time yet. they do keep items organized and not so scattered
pic 5:  trees cleared outside the fort

moonbelf

I've been reading and following Chunkerview and I love what you're doing and how you're doing it. You use a lot of different mods but I'm not sure my computer wouldn't bog down.

brads3

thanks, much depends on the RAM your computer has.open the task manager and chekc the perforrmance meter. as long as you dont get it to 90% or so,you are fine. i actually am getting close again myself.

moonbelf

Have 16GB ram and an i7-6700HQ.  Will run task manager while Banished is running as you suggest and have a look :)

brads3

YEAR 32

The pastures are starting to fill up.we do show feathers from the chickens.not sure which mod is causing that nor can any aove the RK e moved either. this is 1 of what i call "piggy back" items. it is code left over connected to another mod.wasn't needed but still attached in a mod.my notes say it is the trade livestock mod which is below the RK. that mod does need moved above to try and fix the horses that never left the TP. minor and liveable. i haven't tested it but i think KID's composter will use them,or i can just trade them.

the builders will add a sap boiler to the pine village.there is 800 sap and 200 pine boughs stored. the kiln can be turned on and make chacoal from logs.when it gets too far ahead,it will switch to using the pine boughs to make pitch for the turpentine.

more graduates are sent to the colonial village to plant fields.we added larger storage barns,red nordic barns.this will help increase the food production.hopefullly we have time to start a chuch and expand the town center.we are having more males graduate than females and some reluctant to move away from the fort.

since they are short of stone,the church will have to wait. a mill and bakery are built to use the excess barley. a house was added to the fort and a well.

we show 1500 short on food at the end of harvest season.the laborers and farmers will gather the food along the fort walls.2 merchants stopped with more food.we take on 2000 onion,1200 cucmubers, and 1650 sweet potatoes.the crops did poorly with most fields under 400.

the bannies paired up with some female students. the larger pastures are producing near 1000 combined foods.the chickens is 500. all with 1 worker each.food limit has been raised to 50,000. the bannnies also collected 100 stone and some iron and copper ores. with the new fields,full pastures,and some processors, we should be pushing food ahead.

we have a problem with the colonial mill it won't process barley. it woud corn or oats.2 of the new fields will have to plant wheat.the 3rd will grow peas.

pic 1: PM sap boiler
pic 2: nordic barns,small colonial houses, and more fields
pic 3: mill and bakery,we will need wheat

brads3

YEAR 33

we have enough stone to build the colonial parish.a 10x10 cemetary wil be layed next to it.that will keep the colonial village happy for now.

stone and trees need cleared near the pastures.now that they are full,butchers and meat processors can be built.1 family of the 7 nomads that arrve will build a meat dryer for the beef.the other family will move to the production village and dig a stone quarry.

had a crash when i tried to harvest  blackberries in late summer.i reloaded and tried to click on the backberry harvest again.no crash but the crop hasn't grown yet. i wasn't able to unclick it. the blackberry shows 60% but none is harvested.the farmer is working.since food production is up and i don't want to rerun this whole year,this field needs cut and replanted.

pic 1:colonial parish
pic 2: RK meat dryer and locker,i need to blend from these GF farm to stone houses for the GF churches
pic 3:RK stone quarry
pic 4 issues with the blackberry orchard,hit harvest button before fall. game crashed. reloaded back to spring.hit harvest button to test. didn't crash this time ,but i couldn't unclick it either.crop was left on field.
instead of rerunning the yr a 3rd time,the bannies cut the bushes and replanted it,manually.