News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Create sorted list of Banished mods (by Gordon Dry - release 6b)

Started by Gordon Dry, March 01, 2015, 08:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatherer

I've purchased the game directly from Luke's website and installed it on C drive.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

Hi all,

After staring at this all day, and running a compare on the files (thankful for a plugin in my programs, so I didn't have to do it manually ), I have found why my issue is happening.

This may or may not be the reason some of you aren't seeing the results in 'Enabled order', and are only getting it in 'Alphabetical order', there may be a folder missing. 
Please read the below steps guide to make sure you have everything as required:

Before starting the steps please note:
        •  #1)  Banished folder means the folder which contains your "WinData" folder, that may be in Steam ( X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Banished\WinData ) or
            standalone installation (any other legitimate store files), do not install into the WinData folder, you will have gone 1 folder too far!!            

Make sure your zip file has the 2 items: 
        •  #1)  Create sorted list of Banished mods.cmd (a command file)
        •  #2)  cmsort (a folder)

For the mods list to be sorted by Enabled Order
   •  Unzip the package directly into your Banished folder - OR - (if you unzip to another folder, then move) unzip into an empty folder
   •  Make sure you have 2 items:  #1)  Create sorted list of Banished mods.cmd (a command file) and #2)  cmsort (a folder)
      ••  If you unzipped them into an empty folder:  Move both the .cmd file & the cmsort folder into your Banished folder
   •  Right click on the Create sorted list of Banished mods.cmd file, Run As Administrator, wait for the User Account Control to pop up - let the file run
   •  Interact with the prompts in the CMD file screen (yes / no answers are needed for backups etc)
   •  Let the CMD screen close
   •  Open the newly generated file: Sorted List of Banished mods.txt  (it will automatically save in your Banished folder)
   •  For safe keeping, save the file to another folder, or simply move it
   •  All done, you now have the Sorted List of Banished mods file with mods listed in their "Enabled" order

For the mods list to be sorted by Alphabetical Order
   •  Unzip the package directly into your Banished folder - OR - (if you unzip to another folder, then move) unzip into an empty folder
   •  Make sure you have 2 items:  #1)  Create sorted list of Banished mods.cmd (a command file) and #2)  cmsort (a folder)

••  If you unzipped them into an empty folder:  Move only the .cmd file into your Banished folder
   • New step:  Move or delete the cmsort folder from the Banished folder (if you unzipped directly to the Banished folder, - we do not want it in this stepthru,
                               moving it to a backup folder keeps it for a later date if you want to sort the list by enabled mods

•  Right click on the Create sorted list of Banished mods.cmd file, Run As Administrator, wait for the User Account Control to pop up - let the file run
   •  Interact with the prompts in the CMD file screen (yes / no answers are needed for backups etc)
            *** note: if you have your Banished folder viewable, you will see files being added, then deleted in the folder - this is normal, the .CMD is designed to create 'helper' files.
                               These allow the main file system to work correctly - they will be deleted during the process, and are harmless - no danger here.
   •  Let the CMD screen close
   •  Open the newly generated file: Sorted List of Banished mods.txt  (it will automatically save in your Banished folder)
   •  For safe keeping, save the file to another folder, or simply move it
   •  All done, you now have the Sorted List of Banished mods file with mods listed in their "Alphabetical" order

Notes
   •--  Where referenced above, 'Banished Folder' / Banished Folder, Banished folder, etc etc; this refers to the folder that contains all the Banished 'admin' files, including the WinData folder (which houses the mods).
      -- In my case, running on Steam it is:  D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Banished
      -- Do not use the folder system located in the "My Documents" (My Docs / Docs) folder system where the save games and screenshots are stored

•--  The reason it is recommended that you use an empty folder to Unzip into is so that you can make sure there were 2 components, unlike me (and any others) who unzipped into another occupied folder and didn't realise there was a folder, not just the file.  It happens ... :)

•--  When the Sorted List of Banished mods.txt is generated it will overwrite the existing file in the folder, if you want to keep the list for historical purposes move (or copy) the file to another folder, keeping the file in the Banished folder will not cause any problems moving forward

•--  The cmsort folder and it's contents is what changes the "Alphabetical" list to the "Enabled" list, keep it safe, move it in and out of the Banished folder as needed

Disclaimers
   •--  Whilst this walkthru worked for me, and now the mod works as intended, it may not work for all users.
   •--  I have not edited the .CMD or altered any files in the folder system to make the mod work - they are just placed where they should

Good luck, please offer any feedback to the process, and if the steps were clear, or need editing.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Gatherer

Thank you @QueryEverything . It works for me. I would have never figured it out myself.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gordon Dry

Sorry for late reply:

It should be crystal clear, you have to extract the whole zip into your Banished folder incl. the cmsort folder of course to have it sorted by load order.

And it still works correctly on latest Banished 1.0.7 build 170910

Abandoned

Thank you @Gordon Dry for 1:1 aging update.  I use it on almost every map.  :)

Gordon Dry

The only thing I'm still missing is a way to extract the proper mod name (not the file name) out of the .pkm files ...