News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Poll : New Livestock package.

Started by RedKetchup, August 28, 2014, 02:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariesalias

Congrats! I'll also be looking forward to to having cattle produce it!

Will the Milk count as protein, like eggs?

RedKetchup

yeah i put edible / protein

the options are :
   RawMaterialFlags _flags = Edible | Protein | Fruit | Vegetable | Grain;

icant put it anywhere else
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

mariesalias

Makes sense, dairy does have protein.

Bobbi

So a new category "dairy" cannot be created? I was hoping for a mod that would use a chain of milk to cheese maker, new building/profession. I guess that could still happen with milk as a protein.

A Nonny Moose

Let's see:

Dairy herd: Milk, cheese production, etc.

Goats: Milk, cheese production, meat, (spider silk)

Swine:  meat

Bison:  meat

Turkey: Ornery, but bigger and better than chickens

Geese:  Down production, meat

Domestic Ducks (maybe combined with Geese - pond critters).

Nearly forgot -- Horses to help work the farms.  Oxen?  These come in ones and twos unless the farm is going to be a breeder.

Sheep dogs (border collies) would be a welcome addition to purchase from a trader.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

graphite

Hi All,

Blackwoods goats are coming, the animations and textures are ready for in engine testing. For those that have not met William E. Goat yet, here is a capture of him doing his thing in the perspective view-port of my 3D app. What you see here is about 25% of Billy's quality as opposed to the final render.

Hmmm, there dose not seem to be a simple way of embedding the video, will do a still render of him and post that.

cheers all.

RedKetchup

Hi Again Graphite !

so little news about where i am.. not far, cause i have some real problem with the .fbx and meshes.... it s just a such pain. i cant make anything good :( its not that much the .fbx but the progs which do that format, 3ds max worth nothing you need to have a 5 years courses in CAO to use it :( you find nothing, and the surfing and using is totally at the opposite of friendly, of what people do.... it s extremly bad.

but i have sucessfully getting milk from cows. and it push me to ask a question : what you think a 20x20 pasture full of cows should give in milk , per year ? what you think a good number is ? not too few, not too much, i dont want it OP :P but, keep in mind, they seems to works like eggs, it s kinda once per 2-3-4 months. what would be a good number of milk for one year ?

Bong

Max chicken pasture gives ~3000 eggs. I think its too much for milk, 1400-1800 sounds good.

graphite

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 30, 2014, 09:19:12 PM
Hi Again Graphite !

so little news about where i am.. not far, cause i have some real problem with the .fbx and meshes.... it s just a such pain. i cant make anything good :( its not that much the .fbx but the progs which do that format, 3ds max worth nothing you need to have a 5 years courses in CAO to use it :( you find nothing, and the surfing and using is totally at the opposite of friendly, of what people do.... it s extremly bad.

but i have sucessfully getting milk from cows. and it push me to ask a question : what you think a 20x20 pasture full of cows should give in milk , per year ? what you think a good number is ? not too few, not too much, i dont want it OP :P but, keep in mind, they seems to works like eggs, it s kinda once per 2-3-4 months. what would be a good number of milk for one year ?

Hey Red ;)

oh man,

welcome to the world of 3D ... and omg they want you to give them money as well ;) Perhaps have a look at the tutorials within 3dsmax?

re: the cows, Bongs suggestion sounds like a good starting point, but at the end of the day the only way you will get the balance right is by testing the mod. Testing is also so important for stability issues.  Is it stable at 100/500/1000 pop for a year ... that kind of thing.

RedKetchup

it cant give what chicken are doing with eggs cause chickens are 66 in a 20x20, cows are the lowest pop ones (20 only) so eggs are pop'ing very more often than for cows. i was testing lately at 64 milk per 'event'and probably i ll need to test 96 and 128.

but probably , it will never be done cause i m stopped by a huge wall : the stupid meshes that comes from a .fbk you need to provide.

the best i can do is : get cows to provide an amount of milk every 2-3-4 months, and when it happends, you see on the ground an 'egg' pop'ing which worth X milk units. and there is no SmallPNG side of the name, like last screenshot, only the name.

thats what it will stop 99,8 % to do and create things for Banished. the only thing people can do is .... play with the numbers, thats all (for the 99.8% of players).
and what doesnt neither, the guy doesnt give any explanation. he made 3-4 combined example, and said : do that. thats all. he didnt say why nor how.

RedKetchup

or i can create the milk, with an awesome icon, and can only bought from merchants or maybe, created in a different building like ... 'a milkery' a ... 'DairyQueen' lol, and there will never be anything on the ground. but there is a potential problem. what will happend if someone is carrying some milk and .... die ? the game will probably crash or acting strangely asap the milk pot should have dropped on the ground ^^

Edit: or 3rd, someone makes my a nice .fbx with the png + AO.png like this little Milk bucket in attachment. ^^

graphite

Hey Red,

I understand the frustration your feeling at this point, have been there many times my friend, but when the penny drops, and it will, its pure bliss ;)

Okay, so what happens to goods being carried when someone dies in a vanilla version of the game? and there should lie the answer to that question. If you wanted to stress test it... set lifespan =20; var 1; will make everyone die at the age of 19;20; or 21.

RE: modelling. Start simple 2m cube, import into banished as a house, see if you can do that ... do you know how to make an AO {ambient occlusion} map? Even if you don't, just give it a pure white map for the AO. Its main purpose is to provide luminosity for the model. I've got a lot on my plate this week ... but I'll try and work out whats going on if I've got the time ;)

Cheers

graphite

Well It seems like a lot of people are having trouble ... so I thought I best jump into max to see what the issues, if any, are with *.fbx files ... and I'm sorry to say this Red, but all is well with *.fbx.
Here is Luke's Apiary within 3dsmax:

rkelly17

Quote from: Bobbi on August 30, 2014, 05:40:42 AM
So a new category "dairy" cannot be created? I was hoping for a mod that would use a chain of milk to cheese maker, new building/profession. I guess that could still happen with milk as a protein.

Sorry I'm late to this thread--fishing for a week out of reach of internet. Very relaxing.

But: Would it not be possible to make goats and/or cows (or camels or sheep for that matter) produce meat and milk like cows produce meat and leather? Then couldn't there be a processor who uses milk to make cheese they way a tailor uses leather and wool? I've down loaded the mod kit but haven't really studied it yet to see if I even understand it, so this suggestion might be totally off base. Given the era of Banished you might not want people drinking fresh milk, but even that could work the way coal does, could it not?

RedKetchup

So, there is : Redketchup Nightmare really started here : launch this stupid application ^^