News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Running Multiple Mod Loads

Started by Kristahfer, February 06, 2018, 06:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristahfer

I have seen many posts about testing different mod load sets.

Is there a way of running different load sets with out having to go through the laborious enable/disable operations?

brads3

depending on the way you have Banished installed. you  can make several copies of the game folder and in each Windata folder put a group of mods.you can make a folder yourself and then swap the mods in and out to the game Windata folder. the registry will keep the mod order.
   in other words say you have 3 mods enabled,but want to remove 1 and put it back in later. the registry willnot read the mod,when you take it out. and when you put it back will enable and use it per the last mod order that included it. the flaw to this is if a mod must be moved in the order for 1 game play and changed for another.you wil need to move it each time in that case.
    also remember when doing the copying that you will need the base data files or the game will fail to work.

Nilla

As far as I know, it's easier than that. As long as the mods are still in the WinData, a game finds the "right mods" in the "right order" itself, when you load a saved game. You don't have to do anything. Maybe there are exceptions, but this is what I have seen, when I've went back to an old game with another set of mods, than the present.

Turis

Should we mention the problema with Steam workshop mods? Well, those mods are updated automatically so old saves may not work. It's better to download the mods and install them manually and don't forget to unsubcribed in Steam or they'll be updated again. It can be really frustrating if you want to play your old saves until you're done.

brads3

you are both correct. that is why i said it depends how the game is installed. steam is a different monster. i took it the poster ment fresh starts. saved games  will keep the order itself. only thing you do need to remember is to have all the original mods in the Windata for each save. if the game can not find a particular mod to load the save,it may not load at all.
       the several files and copying different mods in and out of the windata isn't that hard. i would recommend copying all the base files to each folder. that way you select all copy out to empty the winddata and then copy all from whatever folder you want to play in.saves forgetting a base file and the game not working.
      generally mod order is the same from 1 play to the next. the trick can be handy though if you have a lot of mods already enabled and want to play with a particular mod by itself. for instance i have over 125 mods. if i was to do testing for RED or TOM's north, i could start a fresh folder and just add the mod to it. copy all mods out of my windata and the new set< mod+base files> in and play.save me how much time disabling and reloading the game? by changing the windata,the game only needs to load once. it will automatically load only what is in the folder.whereas if you turn them off and on ,you will need to exit and reload completely twice. once to turn them on or off and once before you play.

i will mention these are general guide rules. be aware computers do have minds of their own sometimes. this computer is known to move the mod order if it fatal errors out.  it will shuffle 1 or 2 mods at random. half way through a game that mod will cause an issue.