News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

About: Water

Started by Paeng, March 31, 2017, 03:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

@Abandoned

I meant that Luke can rewrite some of the Trading post code and assign it to Storage buildings so players can tell the game how much of what goods they want in that barn.

The Trading post still remains as it is (So no Bannies can take it) but the Bannies can take it out of Barns if needed.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Discrepancy

Quote from: embx61 on March 31, 2017, 06:23:02 PM
Can I ask your values for the waterpump?

currently in my testing I am operating with still the same RawMaterial numbers of 12/16,
but the building I have slowed down with:
_workTime = 6.0
_workRequired = 34

I haven't done a great deal of testing yet though with these numbers.

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 01, 2017, 01:00:31 PM
i remember a very very old game , ceasar 4. to keep your citizens happy , you had to give them pottery. in fact there was food, more different food was better and then they were more happy.
I loved this game :)

Onwards ...  I think a way for irrigation would be excellent, but it's just not in the game (oh, that should go in the thread that was started for the ideas to send to Luke), that would be excellent, and those orchards and fields planted closer to water sources had boosted crops (like Minecraft :D)

As for the water towers etc, as decorations, I do turn mine off, but then I get the "off symbol" and that drives me nuts, so I use decorations as a preferred option, I would love the modders who produce these sort of buildings, to also produce a ghosted decoration of it to place in areas the building may otherwise not be able to be placed, but, that's a lot, I know.

To 'fudge' an irrigation system, I'm not sure unless you use @kralyerg terraforming mod.
I was going to suggest @RedKetchup city road/highway mod, but then the Bannies will run along it, when modded it would be a trickle of water effect, a water road. 
I know that canal mod is there, but it's rather deep and I haven't played with it before, but it looks more urban rather than regional, so it's too modern for farms.
So, not sure ...
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kralyerg

Quote from: QueryEverything on April 06, 2017, 05:26:12 PM
To 'fudge' an irrigation system, I'm not sure unless you use @kralyerg terraforming mod.
I was going to suggest @RedKetchup city road/highway mod, but then the Bannies will run along it, when modded it would be a trickle of water effect, a water road. 
I know that canal mod is there, but it's rather deep and I haven't played with it before, but it looks more urban rather than regional, so it's too modern for farms.
So, not sure ...

Well, it's easy to fudge an irrigation system.  Crappy example I did in 2 minutes:

You can totally make a ground square that is just a little stream of water that you can place anywhere.

QueryEverything

Great fudging @kralyerg :)
And then at the other end of it placing any of the water towers, and voila, fudged irrigation :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]