News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Homeless babies

Started by Jewelz, January 06, 2020, 06:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jewelz

Hi all,

I finally got Banished to stop crashing (as much) but I have the homeless baby bug again. Has anyone else experienced it?

Basically, all my homeless are babies. My guess is that something is wonky where it's not preventing families in smaller houses from continuing to have kids, which in turn results in the babies being booted out! It's kind of horrifying and hilarious at the same time.

moonbelf

That sounds pretty awful but did make me LOL. Sorry  :P

Have no idea what causes this. So your houses are at max capacity but the adults are still having babies. Strange. I don't suppose the babies move into empty houses (which would also be weird)?

How about a homeless shelter? Would they move into it?

Jewelz

Nope, they refuse to move into Hostels. Dumb Babies!

Nilla

I know the homeless bug, too but I have not seen only babies. I´ve found one thing that causes people to get homeless "without reason". It´s not only babies, so your bug may come from something else: If you have one or a few tiles somewhere on the map where people get trapped and can´t get away (in some way they miraculously get in there but can´t get out) that person gets homeless together with his whole family. The same happens when you build jetty houses or houseboats in the wrong way if the entrance is on water.

brads3

i had what "1" describes. i blamed it on an old mod,bigger families i believe. never had the issue afer removing he mod. KIDs pumpkin greenhouse has a tendancy to cause  homeless bannies when hey walk in a certain point near it. this generally affects the worker. once the bannie travels farther away, they do find their way home.course then as he returns to work he wil show homeless again. 

long ago i did haved a child who must have been an orphan. he lived a the school.never would move in with anyone nor a boardinghouse. he ate lunch at he school and graduated. he did survive thou.

Jewelz

Yep, Brad, they are surviving just fine, stopping off at random houses for food and warmth. Which is impressive for children less than 5 years old!

I do have slowage mod on, but not bigger families or a pumpkin Greenhouse.

I only have about 60 total citizens at the moment, so I'm perplexed.

1 - they pop in and out of homelessness. Did you see that too?

brads3

only saw them go in and out of homeless when they stepped near the greenhouse. they do that when stepping across water at times thou,like docks or when a bridge is bocked. what other mods are you using?

Navigator Black

Quote from: Jewelz on January 07, 2020, 06:51:50 AM
Yep, Brad, they are surviving just fine, stopping off at random houses for food and warmth. Which is impressive for children less than 5 years old!

Ah, you must have the Dickensian Street Urchin mod installed! ;)

Jewelz

Is there a good copy/paste way to list my mods here?

moonbelf

Quote from: Jewelz on January 07, 2020, 03:07:07 PM
Is there a good copy/paste way to list my mods here?

Screenshot of your mods list?

Jewelz

The Babies are doing better now. I have less babies being born, so maybe that's helping?

galensgranny

Homeless babies is a strange thing!  I had a homeless 3 year old once.  They do fine.  Banished babies are seemingly self sufficient from birth!  :D   
To copy paste your mod list, you could try copying and pasting the mods from the Win Data folder, or
copy/paste into a text document on your computer, save it, and then upload here in a post.

Milksoup

All my homeless are children.  I never have homeless adults.  I do have a theory why this happens.   It usually happens after I build a lot of houses.   I place houses of different sizes from different mods.  What I think happens is my citizens move to a new house (with smaller capacity) to be closer to their job and when this happens they leave the youngest child behind.

I've noticed when looking at citizens it always cycles through them oldest to youngest so it makes sense if no room in new house that the youngest is the one left behind.

If you always build the same houses you probably won't see this problem because they all have same capacity.

brads3

some houses are modded so a larger family can move in. if a house is set to 4 bannies,that affects births. but a family of 5 can move in. bannies aren't tied to their children like us. if they were in a house and moved to a smaller house,some would stay behind. children do leave parents and move closer to schools as well. unless of course you demolished the 1st house and forced them to move. if you forced a family of 8 to move out,you could cause this to happen. 5 would move to the next house leaving some homeless.

bannished is full of odd things thru out its history.if what you describe happens consistantly then we might want to figure out why.

i had a student go homeless and never move into no house. he stayed homeless til he finished school. ate meals and survived. built different houses and had boardinghouses, he was content to stay at the school.
    had another case where i built houses constantly and bannies kerpt going homeless. if there were 10 homeless and i built 5 houses, there would be 15 homeless. this hppened for a few years. all odd ages of bannies. found it was an old outdated mod that was confusing the game. think it was a residency fix mod that was causing the issue.

Milksoup

Well @Jewelz isn't the only one it happens to.  I've had it happen in every game I play once I reach a certain size population.  I've never been too concerned.  Occasionally the kid dies, but frequently they survive despite being homeless- I guess it depends on whether they meet Fagan or not.  ::)