Kid - Forest Deep V5.21

Started by kid1293, February 20, 2017, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid - Forest Deep V5.21

V5.2
added New Flora resources to gatherer
added storage to hunter, gatherer, and herbalist

V5.21 A fix for a broken limit in Magical Garden.

"Buildings associated with the unexplored parts of the forest. Banished 1.0.7"

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=212

kid1293

I hope this satisfies the mushroom addicts out there.  ;D

Abandoned

Is there a soup kitchen to go with the mushroom crop?  ;D  Not suggesting, just asking.

kid1293

I thought you made your own soup?
Market Soup is perfect for making mushroom soup.
I will update soon.

For now - this and several other updated mods are final!
I have a lot to do if I am going to change all I have done.
Most are only cosmetic changes. Change name, optimize textures.
But some have new stuff and some have new AO-shadowing.
I enjoy this and I enjoy suggestions.

Abandoned

@kid1293 market soup will go nicely with set  :)  will wait patiently for other updates, file name changes was a good suggestion, I think by elemental.  It is good you are enjoying updating, you've made a lot of great mods for us.  Thank you  :)

ancientmuse

There seems to be a problem with the tree house (town hall), it crashes the game every time I click on it... anyone else notice this ?

Everything else seems to be working fine otherwise and I'm not seeing any obvious conflicts, so maybe it's in the source code somewhere ? 

Love the mushrooms !

I'm having a blast building my little "magic mushroom" forest town... tucked away deep in the mystical woodlands, I think my Bannies just saw a fairy fly by !

;D

Abandoned

@ancientmuse have you updated your game to the 1.0.7 beta?  If you did not that would probably be the cause of the town hall crash.  Mods updated to 1.0.7 would have the new flag limits listed in the town halls thus it will crash.  I had the problem with the town hall in the stone house addon, even when I tried to destroy it.

ancientmuse

Yup, I've had my game updated to 1.0.7 for quite some time. 

I've been playing with all of the 1.0.7 mods (including the last forest deep before this latest one) and updating each 1.0.7 mod as they get updated here.

So I'm not sure what could be making it crash ?  Any other games all work fine with no crashes on any of the other town hall mods that I have.  I just recently updated this Forest Deep mod today (because I noticed the new mushroom houses), and never had the old treehall (town hall) crash before.

Abandoned

Sorry, then I don't know what could be causing it.  I haven't updated to 1.0.7 but have some of the updated mods.  There is no problem if I avoid the town halls or mods that have items using those new flags.  I had no problem with the tree hall 1.0.6.

ancientmuse

Okay so I just tested out a bunch of town halls in a new game. 

Tiny town hall works fine, stone house town hall works fine, mini town hall works fine, vanilla town hall, etc etc.... so no problems with any other ones.

I removed this latest Forest Deep update and put back the old one.  The treehall from the previous version works fine.  So then I exited the game, removed the old version and put back this newest version, and sure enough the treehall crashed the game again as soon as I tried to click on it.

So yup, I'm at a loss as to why this latest version treehall is crashing my game ?

Abandoned

Hopefully @kid1293 will be able to shed some light on the problem  :)

brads3

do you have 2 versions of the same mod enabled by chance? did you check the mod order or added something else recently also?

ancientmuse

Quote from: brads3 on May 10, 2017, 08:57:08 PM
do you have 2 versions of the same mod enabled by chance? did you check the mod order or added something else recently also?

Nope, no double versions enabled, I always make sure to remove the old one first before adding in a newer version.

And no, I haven't added any other mods besides this one over the past few days (and I've been playing Banished several times with a number of new towns).  This latest Forest Deep I put right up at the top after it crashed the first time to test to see if it needed to override something else, but that didn't help either.

Good suggestions though !

You just never know when that old alzheimers kicks in and we forget to do something before trying out new mods.

LOL

ancientmuse

Alright, I just tried another test run and installed this latest Forest Deep in a completely vanilla Banished with no other mods.

Sure enough, it's still crashing the game as soon as I try to click on the treehall.... so it's definitely not a conflict problem with any other mods.

Hopefully this info I'm giving will help Kid with figuring out what the problem might be.

RedKetchup

not sure is a bad news or a good news ^^

i just downloaded it and built the treehall : ..... click on the treehall : crash :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .