News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Cold Mountain - Second attempt at all achievements on one map.

Started by theonlywanderer, August 04, 2019, 02:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theonlywanderer

Basically I'm looking to repeat my strategy proving to myself that it can work again and again.

So far so good...     

The isolationist challenge still remains the most brutal since it has to be done in tandem with uneducated challenge and one with nature challenges.   Harsh mountain maps simply will not support a stable population of 300 dullards.

Now that I cleared the one with nature achievement, it should be smooth sailing right up until the 600/Village and 900/Town achievements.   I will take what I learned from the first map and hopefully apply things a little better and get those two challenges a little easier.   

Only time will tell....

theonlywanderer

Done....    another all-in-one complete.

I actually did a lot of experimenting this time and found a few helpful ideas.   I temporarily supported one trading port with ale and it worked out great to build up a massive supply of food, but later in the game when I hit 900/town achievement, the brewers couldn't keep up and had to swap them back out for wood cutters and put that port back to firewood trading.

This was a tough map, I rebuilt the town so many times in order to accommodate certain challenges due to space being so limited.   I have something placed on practically every single usable square.

I may take break before starting another map, we'll see.   It's a pretty big commitment going for the all-in-one challenge.