News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Holiday Hometown Challenge

Started by Abandoned, November 30, 2019, 11:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Hi there, It's almost Christmas time again.

This is not really a challenge, there is no competition.  There will be no winner and there is no prize.  It is only my attempt to add a little more Christmas spirit to WOB this year.

If you have been reading my Village Blog, Abandoned - Railway -part 2- Holiday Hometown  - story 51, you read in today's Chapter 10 that the citizens gathered round the Christmas tree and sang the song "Welcome Christmas" and they saw the Grinch.  He is pictured in screenshot named Yr. 10 Grinch.  The deco Grinch is in Kid's Christmas 2019 mod which will be released tomorrow, Dec 1st.

Also in chapter 10 is a phrase from another Christmas song.  Starting in chapter 10, and scattered throughout the story thereafter, are other phrases and titles from other classic American Christmas songs.  Can you find them and name the songs?  Can you find the Grinch hidden in plain sight in some of the other screenshots to follow?

So, as I said, this is not a challenge but more a game of Name that Christmas Tune and Where's Grinch.  Just something to keep in mind as you read my story and view the screenshots found here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3525.15

I hope you enjoy my story, this little game, Kid's Christmas 2019 mod, and the Christmas season.

Abandoned

Need a hint or two? 

There are 2 songs in chapter 11, and 1 in chapter 12  There is one song and one Grinch in chapter 14.  :)

Abandoned

There was no song or Grinch in today's Chapter 20.  So far there have been 6 songs and 5 Grinch.  How you doing so far?  :)  More to come.

Abandoned

Hint - there is one song and one Grinch in today's chapter 23. :)

Abandoned

Hint  :)  There is no song in today's chapter 24 but there is 1 Grinch.

kid1293

Found him :)

For being a Grinch he is actually a hug-me type.  :D

Abandoned

:D  I think he is cute but a little hard to see sometimes  ;D

Abandoned

A few more hints ;  There was a song in chapter 25 and in chapter 27.  There was a Grinch in chapter 26 and there is one in today's chapter 28.  :)

Extra Grinch hint:  If you found him in chapter 22 you will find him again in chapter 28

Abandoned

The last hints  :)

There were 2 Grinch in Chapter 29 's screenshots, 1 in chapter 31, and the last Grinch was in Chapter 32 making it a total of 15 Grinch.

There was a video song in chapter 30 and a song in today's chapter 33.  Tomorrow's chapter 34 will have the last song making a total of 15 songs hidden in the story.

I hope you had a little fun trying to find the Christmas songs and the Grinch.  :)  Merry Christmas

Abandoned

SPOILER .........  SPOILER .............SPOILER

Here is a list of the locations of the hidden songs and the Grinch

There are 15  Christmas Songs hidden in the Story.  They are:

Ch 10 - chestnuts roasting on an open fire  = The Christmas Song
Ch 11 - warm woolen mittens = My Favorite Things
Ch 11 - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas = It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
Ch 12 - there must have been so magic  = Frosty the Snowman
Ch 14 - The weather outside was frightful = Let It Snow
Ch 18 - It was the most wonderful time of the year = It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Ch 21 - not allowed to play in any reindeer games = Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
Ch 21 - he knows when you are sleeping  ... = Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Ch 22 - dashing through the snow = Jingle Bells
Ch 23 - it was a beautiful sight = Winter Wonderland
Ch 25 - from now on our troubles will be out of sight = Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Ch 27 - Just like the ones I used to know = White Christmas
Ch 30 - bundle up tight = video song - Christmas at the Railway Station
Ch 33 - We wish you a Merry Christmas = We Wish You a Merry Christmas
Ch 34 - the stars are brightly shining = Oh Holy Night

Spoiler -  There are 15 screenshots of the Grinch:

Ch 14 -Pic Yr 14 Hot Chocolate Stand - Grinch is by the stand
Ch 17 - Yr 17 Making Ale at the Yule Tap - Grinch is next to the Yule Tap
Ch 18 - Yr 18 Cars Almost Loaded - Grinch by the log car
Ch 19 - Yr 19 Plums & Plum Cake - Grinch is by the Christmas baker
Ch 19 - Yr 19 Sleigh #5 - Grinch is on the left side of the picture by the pine tree
Ch 22 - Yr 22 Greenhouse for More Oats - Grinch is in the greenhouse
Ch 22 - Yr 23 Seeing Workers Off - Grinch is in the stockpile
Ch 23 - Yr 23 A River Boatman with News - Grinch is on the bridge
Ch 24 - Yr 24 The Engine Moved & Cars Added - Grinch is by the Yule Tap
Ch 26 - Yr 26 Another Spice Garden - Grinch is by the spice garden wall
Ch 28 - Yr 28 School #5 - Grinch is still in the oat greenhouse
Ch 29 - Yr 29 Another Spice House - Grinch is on the right side by the apothecary
Ch 29 - Yr 29 The Gatherer - Grinch is in the seedling greenhouse
Ch 31 - Yr 31 Overview 5 - Grinch is in the center of the picture by the tan sleigh
Ch 32 -  Yr 32 Children & the Grinch - Grinch is by the tan sleigh