News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Canal Piece

Started by purringcat, February 04, 2017, 11:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purringcat

One sided canal pieces  :)

All the water required pieces work with RK's canal ditch once it's removed but look weird when the water abruptly ends.   They should work if the canal piece floats on the water with the only land stamp being the stone area.   

RedKetchup

it had pros and cons but only the canal TradingPosts was made for these situations.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

@purringcat is that an inland trader??  Does it work?  I thought the traders only go to those on the main river ... 

Or is this a beauty item?  Something created for style??
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

purringcat

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 04, 2017, 08:44:38 PM
@purringcat is that an inland trader??  Does it work?  I thought the traders only go to those on the main river ... 

Or is this a beauty item?  Something created for style??

It's RedKetchup's canal system and it works great.    By using these, you can have a trading post far from the river or can just allow boats to access a lake without river access.   

And RedKetchup, every water dependent building I've tried works on your canal once it's been removed and the ditch remains.   I know you made it for just your canal, but it would be so useful to put a sawmill and other buildings on it.   It would look great with canal pieces that had one side removed and the water overhung the ditch so other buildings could be in the same space.    The speciality trading posts in my picture worked fine and the boats went back there just like they did to your trading post.    8)

And QuweyEverything, check out Paeng's Journal here      http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/tuckeyes-t234.html
It showcases trading in out of the way areas. 

brads3

make 1 side ghosted so you can still build over it. or ghost 1 piece so you can build over both or either side.